Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MU_BeastMode

Shinedown - Deep Dive

6 posts in this topic

Not really related to the above posts, but cool nonetheless:

Shinedown released the previously unreleased song Atlas Falls. All proceeds from its sales will go to the charity humanitarian organization Direct Relief, which is currently engaged in the supply of necessary medicines and protective uniforms to American and foreign doctors.

Only a fragment of the track is freely available. You can get it entirely in the online store on the Shinedown website when you buy a special T-shirt. Band lead singer Brent Smith said:

I have always believed and said that music can cure all of us. Now we need it and each other more than ever, because we are faced with a global pandemic, a similar to which we have not seen for generations. I, Barry, Zach, Eric and our Shinedown family want the whole world to know: we are together, we must do everything possible to spread love, respect and care for each other.

Atlas Falls was recorded while the band was working on the Amaryllis album. Brent explained that at that moment the track was very close to him, but there was no place for him in the longplay. Now, he is sure his time has come.

I've heard the full version of "Atlas Falls" and it is one of Shinedown's best songs.  I still believe that Amaryllis is their best album.