Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Follow the Hollow

Under the Radar 2019

24 posts in this topic

What are some bands you’ve heard with music out this year, that haven’t been given their due?

One of the standouts for me is ‘The Offering,’ killer prog metal from the Boston area.    Their latest album ‘Home’  is really infectious, and I can’t seem to get enough. 

I got 2 albums here that werent talked about. The new Superheist album. They are an Australian nu metal band thats been around since the 90s but their newer stuff is their best material imo. Too bad they are virtually unknown outside their home country,

Fangclub an Irish grunge band that put out a awesome album recently. Check it out if you miss the 90's. They seem to be developing a decent following.

Not an album but Ritchie Kotzen put out a new single a few months ago and its great. Hes also in The Winery Dogs which have been in previous Music Madness Tournaments before.

The drummer was in the Howard Jones band The Devil You know, now called Light the Torch. He was the reason they had to change the name cuz he wouldnt give up the rights or something.

Yeah Id love to go to that show. To me they sound like melodic death metal and more so than metalcore but they said they have been called metalcore and the 2 genres do have similarities so idk. Either way, I missed this album when it came out.

18 hours ago, BreakTheAgony87 said:

I know it was mentioned in the General Discussion topic but nothing after.

I really like that song, haven’t listened to any of their other stuff though.

On 10/24/2019 at 7:18 AM, RainbowDragon said:

Really like this. Not an original sound at all but whatever. I get some Hurt vibes from it.

Glad you posted this, I’m really digging their sound.  Downloaded Theoria ep and Nocturns album and have been listening to them today. 

18 hours ago, RainbowDragon said:

Just realized we didnt talk about Lullwater. Album came out way back earlier in the year. They toured with Sevendust, Blacktop Mojo, Tremonti.Otherwise, among others.

So glad you posted this. I saw them with Tremonti and Sevendust and hadn't even heard of them, they were phenomenal. So much energy and some really good hooks/guitar riffs. Totally forgot their album was coming out and finally did when I saw you posted this and it did not disappoint. My personal favorite

On 11/21/2019 at 8:38 PM, heldjc said:

So glad you posted this. I saw them with Tremonti and Sevendust and hadn't even heard of them, they were phenomenal. So much energy and some really good hooks/guitar riffs. Totally forgot their album was coming out and finally did when I saw you posted this and it did not disappoint. My personal favorite

I've followed these guys since their first album. Strongly recommend the first two albums. Just caught them again a couple of weeks ago with Blacktop Mojo.