Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lucas

New Sevendust likely in 2020

22 posts in this topic

While Sevendust’s members have been working on outside projects of late, they’re about to reconvene not only for their summer tour, but to start work on their next album.

In a new posting, the band revealed that they will be entering the studio this October to work on their next album. In addition, they’ve offered a number of VIP packages to fans that include both signed gear and special experiences.

Among the items you can purchase are a new Sevendust studio used signed drum head, studio used signed Morgan Rose drumsticks, a signed lyric sheet and studio used signed Clint Lowery and John Connolly guitars. Plus, you can also purchase a “fly on the wall” studio hang and or the opportunity to have your name in the band’s liner notes for their next release. Get a closer look and place your orders here.

Source: https://loudwire.com/sevendust-record-album-fall-2019-vip-packages/

Sevendust Eye Summer 2020 Album Release

2019 is ending on high note for Sevendust guitarist Clint Lowery and his recent work will continue to pay dividends into the new year. Lowery, who will release his solo album God Bless the Renegades on Jan. 31, reveals that Sevendust are closing in on a new album as well.

Speaking with Cutter and Kaytie of Wisconsin's Razor 94.7 and 104.7, the guitarist revealed, "I'm actually done [recording for Sevendust's album]. I just finished my last thing a few days ago, and Lajon [Witherspoon} has, like, one more song to sing. And then I'll be sending a couple things, like last-minute things, but we're pretty much wrapped on that thing."

He continued, "We're gonna sit on it for a while. We may record a little bit more in the spring, but I think we're done. And I'm really pumped up about it; I think it's gonna be killer."

Lowery will balance both his solo work and Sevendust in 2020, revealing that while the Sevendust record is nearly complete, he does have space to promote his solo record.

"Sevendust will come out summer of 2020, so I'll have a little bit of a hole to kind of do my thing for a while," he explained. "Sevendust needs to go away for a little bit; we can't just stay out. And I think everyone understands that. So it'll be good to give that a break, so we can come back recharged for that."

Sevendust started recording for their 13th studio album earlier this year, joining producer Michael "Elvis" Baskette in Florida to put the record together.

Update on album 13:

And there’s some nice consolation news for Sevendust fans. Studio album number 13, which will be self-titled, is ready.

It’s completely done,” says Lajon. “There are 13 songs. I love everything about this album. We were supposed to put the album out in September, but now we don’t know because everything is up in the air. But we know for sure and I can let you know that we will be releasing the album this year.”

And there’s more good news. “In the next few weeks, if everything goes to plan, and I know it will, we’re going to release a song from the album,” he says. “It will be for everyone in the world to hear. It’ll be a ‘listen, we’re still here, we don’t know what’s going on in this world right now, but this is something from the album.’”

Source: https://www.hysteriamag.com/sevendust-heavy-metal-rules/

18 minutes ago, NinjaNick101 said:

It should be out November 13th, since it's a Friday.

Why then? Besides the Friday thing.

On 5/28/2020 at 2:00 PM, pen said:

Why then? Besides the Friday thing.

I assume it's a symbolic thing for album 13 to come out on the 13th.

It really bugs me when a band goes with a self-titled album. Is it really that hard to come up with a title? I can only tolerate it if it’s like a debut album. 

33 minutes ago, Omar said:

It really bugs me when a band goes with a self-titled album. Is it really that hard to come up with a title? I can only tolerate it if it’s like a debut album. 

Is a title that important? They could've pulled a Korn and made it untitled. 

46 minutes ago, pen said:

Is a title that important? They could've pulled a Korn and made it untitled. 

Not really, but it seems lazy. Just something I’ve never understood. At the very least pick a song title and roll with it. 

8 hours ago, Omar said:

Not really, but it seems lazy. Just something I’ve never understood. At the very least pick a song title and roll with it. 

That actually sounds more lazy.

I tried to embed the vid, but it didn't work out. Please explain what I did wrong....

5 hours ago, pLuizZz said:

I tried to embed the vid, but it didn't work out. Please explain what I did wrong....

After some testing of my own, what I believe Lucas did is that from the Vimeo link, he went to Share and hit the Embed tab and copied that link, and then over here, when posting, he chose Source, pasted the link in there, and then that translated the source code into the embedded video when posting.

If I had to wager a guess, you probably posted the code directly thinking it would auto-translate, when what you needed to do is select Source and then paste it that way.

You are correct. And I turned off the autoplay argument in their embed code. I used to design websites so have a little coding experience luckily. 🙂

4 hours ago, pen said:

If I had to wager a guess, you probably posted the code directly thinking it would auto-translate, when what you needed to do is select Source and then paste it that way.

I did indeed......thanks for clarifying..

3 hours ago, Lucas said:

You are correct. And I turned off the autoplay argument in their embed code. I used to design websites so have a little coding experience luckily. 🙂

Nice....

'Blood & Stone' - October 23, 2020!

uzIsdAR.jpg

1. Dying to Live
2. Love
3. Blood From a Stone
4. Feel Like Going On
5. What You've Become
6. Kill Me
7. Nothing Left to See Here Anymore
8. Desperation
9. Criminal
10. Against the World
11. Alone
12. Wish You Well
13. The Day I Tried to Live (Soundgarden Сover)