Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lucas

Alter Bridge album 6 news

23 posts in this topic

ALTER BRIDGE Completes Work On Sixth Album

ALTER BRIDGE has completed work on its sixth album for a tentative fall release.

Bassist Brian Marshall tweeted earlier today that the band had finished recording and mixing the follow-up to 2016's "The Last Hero". He added: "Album artwork looking sick! Can not wait for you all to hear this."

Guitarist Mark Tremonti, who has spent much of the last year touring with his band TREMONTI, spoke about ALTER BRIDGE's next LP during a recent interview with Audio Ink Radio.

Asked about the direction of the new ALTER BRIDGE music, Tremonti said that he was "trying to come from a different place. It's hard to explain. I'm trying to make it not be the same," he said. "We always try to reinvent ourselves with every record… But I'm trying to make it sound a little different than it has in the past. We'll see how it turns out."

'Walk the Sky' comes out October 18, 2019.

S0HPpxj.jpg

1. One Life
2. Wouldn't You Rather
3. In The Deep
4. Godspeed
5. Native Son
6. Take The Crown
7. Indoctrination
8. The Bitter End
9. Pay No Mind
10. Forever Falling
11. Clear Horizon
12. Walking On The Sky
13. Tear Us Apart
14. Dying Light

On 6/6/2019 at 6:29 PM, BreakTheAgony87 said:

Apparently their new single will be sent to radio on July 2nd.

"Wouldn't You Rather?"

I can't wait for this, I missed AB in Columbus when they were here but saw Tremonti.. this hits at the perfect time

12 hours ago, slack1018 said:

Solid tune.  Not sure how well it's going to do on the Radio though.

The two singles from their last album were in the Top 20. It'll be just as successful. 

So I've been waiting to listen to this several times before making my statement.  Now that that has happened, here I go:

1) This is probably my favorite lead single from any era and easily better than anything from The Last Hero.
2) I really enjoy Myles' vocals in the chorus. With this song being so heavy and grungy I didn't expect him to sing those high notes, but I really think it works really well.
3) The breakdown / bridge is fantastic.  I get metalcore vibes from the guitar work in it..
4) This song feels like they took the vocal / lyrical style from Blackbird AB III and paired it with the instrumental style from Fortress....because of that, this album should be EPIC!

"Pay No Mind" is so much different than anything AB has written before.  I agree with @jman3000 these two songs are better than anything on The Last Hero.

"Take the Crown" is being released tomorrow. 

I'm not sure if I'll listen to it though as I think I want to wait until the album drops to hear any more new music from them.

3 hours ago, Keystone said:

This song is siiiiiiick.

I'm choosing to wait until the album drops to hear this but how is it compared to the previous two songs they released?