Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lucas

Red - Album 7, GoFundMe

39 posts in this topic

We have an album title, 'Declaration', artwork & tracklist (below), and a release date of April 10, 2020!

tg31GnI.jpg

1. All for You
2. Infidel
3. Cauterize
4. The War We Made
5. The Evening Hate
6. Float
7. The Victim
8. Sever
9. Only Fight
10. From the Ashes

13 hours ago, Lucas said:

We have an album title, 'Declaration', artwork & tracklist (below), and a release date of April 10, 2020!

tg31GnI.jpg

1. All for You
2. Infidel
3. Cauterize
4. The War We Made
5. The Evening Hate
6. Float
7. The Victim
8. Sever
9. Only Fight
10. From the Ashes

So they put "From The Ashes" and "The Evening Hate" on this.  I'm glad that I didn't waste money on that EP that they were pushing so hard.

2 hours ago, BreakTheAgony87 said:

So they put "From The Ashes" and "The Evening Hate" on this.  I'm glad that I didn't waste money on that EP that they were pushing so hard.

I'm sure the EP served three purposes.

1. Gave those anticipating new music a taste of things to come.

2. Gave those who wanted bonus tracks like acoustic versions something to snack on.

And the third and probably most important is that I'm sure proceeds from the EP were no doubt funneled either back into the making of the album or at least to help fund their lives while they're making said album.

2 hours ago, pen said:

I'm sure the EP served three purposes.

1. Gave those anticipating new music a taste of things to come.

2. Gave those who wanted bonus tracks like acoustic versions something to snack on.

And the third and probably most important is that I'm sure proceeds from the EP were no doubt funneled either back into the making of the album or at least to help fund their lives while they're making said album.

I understand those points but I wish they would have given us 12 tracks considering the two I mentioned were already released on an EP that was available for purchase.

49 minutes ago, BreakTheAgony87 said:

I understand those points but I wish they would have given us 12 tracks considering the two I mentioned were already released on an EP that was available for purchase.

I feel like getting any tracks is a blessing. 

2 hours ago, pen said:

I feel like getting any tracks is a blessing. 

Why?  They got almost their goal with their GoFundMe campaign.  If they didn't release any album after that campaign they would be criminals.  

I cannot imagine they don't have enough money to live comfortably for a while. 

Why is it such a bad thing that athletes, musicians or actors / actresses get real jobs after those careers are over?

5 hours ago, BreakTheAgony87 said:

Why?  They got almost their goal with their GoFundMe campaign.  If they didn't release any album after that campaign they would be criminals.  

I cannot imagine they don't have enough money to live comfortably for a while. 

Why is it such a bad thing that athletes, musicians or actors / actresses get real jobs after those careers are over?

I wasn't suggesting that they'd take any money and run; I'm just recognizing the harsh climate of the music industry.

I admit I don't know Red's financial situation. Maybe you're right, maybe they are living comfortably. That would be nice.

But I also know a lot of bands aren't, and so I'm legitimately happy when a band is able to release something new, even if it's just an EP.

Would I like more songs? Of course. Do I recognize that's not always a possibility? Absolutely. 

I don't know how to respond to your last question cause that wasn't brought up at all prior. 

On 1/17/2020 at 11:31 AM, Lucas said:

That's probably better than anything from the EP.

Way better for me as well, much more like classic Red