Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EchoX860

Breaking Benjamin - Ember

58 posts in this topic

Echo's last post was August 16th, 2016. He returns after a year and a half absence with the following: "Drip!" What an entrance.

Haha, let the man Drip! if thats what he's into ;) Anyways, can't wait till i get off work to hear this!!!!!!!!!! :D thanks for posting!

GnsOmPp.jpg

Release Date: April 13, 2018

1. Lyra
2. Feed the Wolf
3. Red Cold River
4. Tourniquet
5. Psycho
6. The Dark of You
7. Down
8. Torn in Two
9. Blood
10. Save Yourself
11. Close Your Eyes
12. Vega

Just finished my first play of this. It's really solid. 'Tourniquet,' 'Dark of You,' 'Feed the Wolf' and 'Down' are my standouts.

Yeah, this slaaaaappppps start to finish. Only track I couldn’t listen to yet was ‘Dark of You.’

1 minute ago, MU_BeastMode said:

Yeah, this slaaaaappppps start to finish. Only track I couldn’t listen to yet was ‘Dark of You.’

'Dark of You' is definitely one of the highlights.

One time through, every song is pretty catchy.  I like Down and Torn in two of the songs I hadn't heard yet.  My only complaint is with the exception of Dark of You, I can't tell when one song begins and the next one ends.  It's one 35 minute song, lol.

5 minutes ago, It's Harty! RUN! said:

So what I'm getting out the comments is...It's Breaking Benjamin lol

No doubt. It's a Breaking Benjamin album.

57 minutes ago, It's Harty! RUN! said:

So what I'm getting out the comments is...It's Breaking Benjamin lol

You kind of always know what you’re going to get from them.  And that’s not always a bad thing.  If it works why tinker with it.  

3 hours ago, TaNbULL said:

'Dark of You' is definitely one of the highlights.

Also, the only “ballad” on the album.

11 minutes ago, It's Harty! RUN! said:

They are definitely one of the few bands I don't mind making the same album over and over

Outside of RCR and Torn In Two I’d say this is a different style but it doesn’t stray from the core sound. Just think going from WANA to Phobia. 

54 minutes ago, MU_BeastMode said:

Outside of RCR and Torn In Two I’d say this is a different style but it doesn’t stray from the core sound. Just think going from WANA to Phobia. 

WANA was better than Phobia, so I'm not sure that's the best comparison to be making...

2 hours ago, slack1018 said:

One time through, every song is pretty catchy.  I like Down and Torn in two of the songs I hadn't heard yet.  My only complaint is with the exception of Dark of You, I can't tell when one song begins and the next one ends.  It's one 35 minute song, lol.

Haha well at least I know what I’m in for so I can’t complain afterwards. This is what I feared so I just gotta make the most of it and go in with tempered expectations. 

4 hours ago, pen said:

WANA was better than Phobia, so I'm not sure that's the best comparison to be making...

Yeah, more or less referencing  the distinct change in style. So let’s call this going from Phobia to WANA. However you’d like to look at it, just was going for chronology. Also a good thing opinions are subjective, but I’m not necessarily disagreeing with yours.

A Breaking Benjamin thread with multiple replies about it leaking...Harty and Echo. Feels like 2009 Tunelab again.

8 hours ago, pen said:

HA! :lol:

4 hours ago, Chris. said:

A Breaking Benjamin thread with multiple replies about it leaking...Harty and Echo. Feels like 2009 Tunelab again.

Dude I remember like it was just yesterday that we would say 2009 was Tunelab at its “peak”, and now it’s almost 10 bleeping years ago!!! We are all so old now. 

This album is pretty solid if not a touch short for my liking, but that's just how it is these days. Two tracks for an intro/outro is a bit of a cop-out on making more tunes and hitting some minimum I feel but it is what it is in 2018. I definitely felt like this album feels familiar (helps we hard over half the album before it leaked), but just heavier. Really liking "Tourniquet" and the ballad song is really growing on me with further listens. Solid BB album, and i like it more immediately than I did 'Phobia'.

I'm listening to this and I love it. I still miss the more varied sound of WANA but I can't complain. One of their better efforts.

Just listened to this and it was just what I expected. Individually all the songs are good (except Save Yourself, which might he my least favorite song they’ve done, this one just sounds lazy), but listening to it all at once as an album is kind of a struggle because of how similar everything sounds. I’ll enjoy this more when I listen to BB on shuffle and the older songs can get mixed in.

I gotta say though, I know we all made a big deal when Jasen Rauch joined BB because of his work with Red, but I really feel like the riffs on this album, and the one before, are what makes the songs sound way too similar. When the guitar work in the start of the song sounds basically the same every single time it’s hard to notice when a song ended/started. And I honestly had the same problem with Red, for the most part their riffs sound samey. So I’m gonna chalk this up to Rauch being really one dimensional. We already know Ben is too and that’s not a great combo if you’re looking for any type of growth. 

Definitely agree with you, Omar, that the riffs are very samey and one dimensional for Rauch. It's a good album, but it feels like one long song for a good portion of it with the break-up of that with the ballad.

After a few listens, I do like this album a lot....but, as some have said, a lot of these songs sound the same. In fact, almost all of them sound like recycled riffs from old albums. What’s weird though is it doesn’t stop me from liking it. They’ve always had this formula that they don’t go outside of, but it’s always catchy, and I always enjoy it.