Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike

WWE WrestleMania 34

130 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Ruiner II said:

Like as funny as Roman losing is this is so nonsensical it's basically self-parody at this point

not at all. it's obvious they turn him heel now. probably put the title on a face smarks like you will support instead of forcing face Roman down everyone's throats any longer.

13 minutes ago, Nixon said:

not at all. it's obvious they turn him heel now. probably put the title on a face smarks like you will support instead of forcing face Roman down everyone's throats any longer.

They should've done that YEARS AGO

This bending over backwards booking is goofy and the bending over backwards to spin it as brilliant is goofy. If Roman is going to be a heel why spend the entire build working SO HARD to get him over as a face? Contrast this with last night's show, where the booking was all logical and required no twisting to rationalize why it was actually good, it just made sense on its own.

I'm not going to support anybody they put the title on because I'm not watching their crappy show. Joe or Lashley could win the title tomorrow, and it'll make for a cool moment, but just like when Owens won the title, it'll be a cool moment followed by a bunch of mediocre do-nothing bullshit. I'm really glad that this works for you, I remember when it worked for me, it was so fun to watch Raw every week. But it ain't for me anymore

I thought that main event was much better than the match they had three years ago. It was by no means great but it was pretty good. Shocking ending. Always with the shocking endings to Lesnar matches in this building. Lesnar is having the greatest title reign of all-time. Who could possibly beat him at this point? He's cleaned out the heavyweight division. Maybe if Braun trains him, Nicholas could take him out in a few years. Speaking of, that Raw tag match was awful nonsense.

Honestly I was disappointed with the WWE title match. I was expecting a classic and it was just pretty good. Crowd was dead during it. I liked the heel turn, though. While the mixed tag should've been the main event, I'm glad it wasn't because the crowd understandably just didn't care anymore 19 hours into the show.

Charlotte vs. Asuka was really good. Asuka is so awesome in the ring and Charlotte did great as well. Best women's match I've seen possibly ever...although I don't watch nearly as many women's matches as you guys. I actually wasn't surprised about Asuka losing.

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

What are you talking about here? lol

The Braun match.

So, for this Wrestlemania, I thought the IC title, Smackdown women's, and WWE title matches all get a thumbs up, though none were especially memorable and the latter two matches had flat finishes. The Ronda match was a fun ridiculous car crash kind of like the Sting match at 31. I didn't especially like either match, but I can appreciate they weren't for me. US title match was lame with the worst possible finish. Raw women's was fine.  Cena/Taker was.... well, the match kinda sucked but everything around it was good and I'm happy with it. Bryan's return match really disappointed me. Seeing Bryan in the ring hitting his spots was great but that was literally all the match had going for it. The main event was a shitshow. The Raw tag title match was like a goofy house show match.

Several degrees better than the last two Manias but I'd say 31 was better and 30 was MUCH better. Didn't come close to Takeover--honestly the WWE title match was the only thing I enjoyed as much as the worst match on the Takeover show.  You could definitely make arguments for why the IC title match or Smackdown women's match or Ronda's match were better than Moon/Baszler, but for my personal perspective I was more into that match.

5 minutes ago, Mike said:

Charlotte vs. Asuka was really good. Asuka is so awesome in the ring and Charlotte did great as well. Best women's match I've seen possibly ever...although I don't watch nearly as many women's matches as you guys. I actually wasn't surprised about Asuka losing.

I can think of a handful of NXT matches (and plenty of Japan matches but let's not count them) that were better but I think you could definitely make an argument that it was the best WWE main roster women's match ever. Both NXT Bayley/Banks matches were way better, and I'd rate Sasha/Becky from NXT, both Bayley/Asuka matches, and Asuka vs Nikki Cross on an NXT TV show last year higher too, off the top of my head.

So this was the first time we got to really see Kurt wrestle because it was hard to get a feel for him in those other multi-person matches. Clearly he's past his prime. He held his own in this match and I was fine with how it turned out but he is the greatest ever in my opinion and I hope he refrains from wrestling again. I want people to remember the wrestling machine in the ring, not someone who is past his prime. Nothing wrong with that now. You can't expect someone who is almost 50 to tear it up in the ring. I just hope he quietly calls it a career.

Yeah I still can't get over that tag match. It had the spectacle of Triple H vs. Sting and Hogan vs. Rock and Rousey showed insane potential. I can't believe that was her first ever match with just a few months of training. Imagine how good she could get in the future? Forget Roman Reigns, WWE better book Rousey well because she has the potential to be the next John Cena. And she looked very nice in her Piper attire and ring attire.

Gonna be totally honest, I have no idea what you saw in Rousey in that match. She acquitted herself well for it being her very first match, but what did she do? A few submissions, some solid striking sequences, and a horrendous throw. Not saying she can't be great or that the match wasn't fun, but I feel like you'd have to have really low expectations for Rousey to be blown away by her performance there. I'm interested in seeing what she can do with an actual wrestler, should be much better. 

Overall I was very happy with this WrestleMania. I just wish it was shorter. The Raw tag should have never happened and those three should've just been in the battle royal. The U.S. title match should've just been on SD Tuesday and those four should've been in the battle royal. And Nia and Bliss should've been in the women's battle royal with their title match happening Monday on Raw. Get rid of those three matches and the show could've maybe been over 45 minutes earlier.

Speaking of the women's battle royal, the finish was weird. Is Bayley turning heel? I felt like it should've been Sasha tossing Bayley over and then losing to Naomi.

12 minutes ago, Mike said:

Overall I was very happy with this WrestleMania. I just wish it was shorter. The Raw tag should have never happened and those three should've just been in the battle royal. The U.S. title match should've just been on SD Tuesday and those four should've been in the battle royal. And Nia and Bliss should've been in the women's battle royal with their title match happening Monday on Raw. Get rid of those three matches and the show could've maybe been over 45 minutes earlier.

Speaking of the women's battle royal, the finish was weird. Is Bayley turning heel? I felt like it should've been Sasha tossing Bayley over and then losing to Naomi.

It was so fucking random. Why is Naomi suddenly a thing again? 

Solid Wrestlemania, but nothing special. I was never bored, and for a 5 hour show that’s pretty high props, but aside from maybe Rousey I don’t think I’ll remember anything else from the show as time goes on.

Oh and I waited for Nakamura to face Styles to finally claim Nakamura in WWE = pretty huge bust. I’ve seen his New Japan stuff so I know he was great there but I’m still waiting for him to impress me in WWE and if a title match at Mania won’t do it I don’t think anything will. He’s just a theme song for me.

4 hours ago, Omar said:

Oh and I waited for Nakamura to face Styles to finally claim Nakamura in WWE = pretty huge bust. I’ve seen his New Japan stuff so I know he was great there but I’m still waiting for him to impress me in WWE and if a title match at Mania won’t do it I don’t think anything will. He’s just a theme song for me.

Unfortunately I have to agree with you here. Outside of his what felt like a five minute match with Cena, he's done nothing since the Zayn match. 

It was pretty crazy too see how athletic Rousey is compared to the other women wrestlers. Completely different level of speed and athleticism.  

34 minutes ago, Omar said:

It was pretty crazy too see how athletic Rousey is compared to the other women wrestlers. Completely different level of speed and athleticism.  

Yep. Ruiner seems to be the only person on Earth not impressed with her performance. Here's me...the resident hater of women's wrestling, raving about her performance. I don't know why he didn't care for her. Maybe because she didn't pay her dues in NXT or maybe because she's already significantly more over than Bayley and all those other girls he likes. I don't know.

So I think the plan should be for Nia to hold the belt until SummerSlam and then she loses it to Asuka or maybe even Charlotte assuming she gets sent to Raw. Charlotte might be the better choice because she can talk and storylines are severely limited with people like Asuka and Nakamura. And then Rousey wins the Rumble and takes the belt from Asuka or Charlotte in what could possibly be the first ever women's WM main event next year.

24 minutes ago, Mike said:

Yep. Ruiner seems to be the only person on Earth not impressed with her performance. Here's me...the resident hater of women's wrestling, raving about her performance. I don't know why he didn't care for her. Maybe because she didn't pay her dues in NXT or maybe because she's already significantly more over than Bayley and all those other girls he likes. I don't know.

What on earth? I said she did well. It was her first match ever. I'm not complaining. She's just still quite green, and it shows. But she's also a much more gifted athlete than nearly anyone else in the company man or woman so that obviously helps compensate. You just don't seem to have any idea what "working" actually is and sub in athleticism for it. 

I remember hearing somewhere that he is signed to WWE and UFC. While I want him to lose the belt, I'm very happy he re-signed. And even though he's still champ, each passing title defense adds massive credibility to that once joke Universal title so it's all good I guess. WWE announced that Brock will defend the title against Reigns at the Greatest Royal Rumble event. I would not be surprised to see Reigns win it there.

That friggin' card is stacked. A 50-man RR match, I believe only the third time ever we'll see Triple H vs. Cena and now this match. 

I’ve never been the dude bitching about them not turning Reigns heel. But to not turn him heel after last night is the biggest bunch of bullshit Vince has ever done. 

1 hour ago, Nixon said:

I’ve never been the dude bitching about them not turning Reigns heel. But to not turn him heel after last night is the biggest bunch of bullshit Vince has ever done. 

We haven't seen him since. It could still happen and I think it might. 

1 hour ago, Mike said:

We haven't seen him since. It could still happen and I think it might. 

16 minutes ago, Omar said:

So they managed to make Reigns an even more unlikable face. Good job. 

yea, i think the double turn with Joe is happening

It was a very good not great Mania for three hours.  Then it absolutely shit the bed.  AJ/Nak was a slow, colossal disappointment headlined by lazy-ass Shinsuke still not putting half the effort into a WWE match that he did in Japan.  Guy's a waste of a roster space right now.  The Braun Strowman segment was a joke that buried the best tag team of the last two years.  The main event was awful and nothing close to what they did four years ago.  The Wrestlemania 31 match was a masterpiece of story-telling and a reasonable potential conclusion to the arc of both men.  Last night simply buried Reigns as a credible contender to Lesnar's belt when he looked so convincingly close at WM31, and that's gonna make it even worse when he wins the belt in Saudi Arabia.  It also managed to effectively bury everyone who's eaten an F5 in the last year since it took only one to pin Joe and Braun, it took three to ended the greatest streak in wrestling history, and yet you needed SIX to beat Roman fucking Reigns.  An atrocity of booking that spit in the face of the brilliant match they had a few years ago.

Match of the night was the IC title match, followed closely by Asuka/Charlotte and the mixed tag.  Pretty much every match outside of the three in that first paragraph was entertaining to at least some degree, and I quite liked the advanced squashes of John Cena and New Day/Usos for various reasons.  Bryan's comeback was a treat and though they fucked up the booking of the match by keeping him out so long, it was still a great moment to see him rollicking around the ring again.  Like I said, for three hours this was a very good show, but man did the last two leave an awful taste in my mouth.  After the masterpiece the same company put on the night before, it's like night and day, as it always is with NXT and the main roster.

1 hour ago, Nixon said:

yea, i think the double turn with Joe is happening

I don't think it's going to happen now. Joe is much better as a heel and next week with a normal crowd he'll be booed. As for Reigns, I think he's going to win the belt at that Rumble show and then defend it against Joe at Backlash. Although I have no clue why WWE would hold off on the title change at the biggest show of the year just to have the title change in Saudi Arabia...as if that market is such a big deal for WWE business that the title change should happen there.

7 minutes ago, Mike said:

I don't think it's going to happen now. Joe is much better as a heel and next week with a normal crowd he'll be booed. As for Reigns, I think he's going to win the belt at that Rumble show and then defend it against Joe at Backlash. Although I have no clue why WWE would hold off on the title change at the biggest show of the year just to have the title change in Saudi Arabia...as if that market is such a big deal for WWE business that the title change should happen there.

Because he won't get booed there.