Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike

WWE WrestleMania 34

130 posts in this topic

Takeover might have had three matches in three hours that top anything Wrestlemania will do in six.  What a fucking show.

NXT has a really good roster right now and with the exception of giving someone who is almost 38 their women's title, I like the title changes that happened last night. WWE doesn't do anything with most of the talented people they have on their roster anyways so hopefully they don't call any NXT wrestlers up after WrestleMania. They should just keep them in NXT. 

1 hour ago, Mike said:

NXT has a really good roster right now and with the exception of giving someone who is almost 38 their women's title, I like the title changes that happened last night. WWE doesn't do anything with most of the talented people they have on their roster anyways so hopefully they don't call any NXT wrestlers up after WrestleMania. They should just keep them in NXT. 

Nah man Baszler had to win that. She's got a tremendous aura and while Ember is a good worker she has negative aura. 

Glad you've come around on that last part though. 

34 minutes ago, Ruiner II said:

Nah man Baszler had to win that. She's got a tremendous aura and while Ember is a good worker she has negative aura. 

I didn't even know who she was and she could be awesome for all I know. I just saw that she won the title and I looked her up on Wikipedia and saw how old she was which surprised me considering that she's still in the minor leagues that old. I expect someone like Roode or Samoa Joe to be older but not someone who I've never heard of before.

After sleeping on it that's hands down the best NXT show I think ever and the best WWE show of any sort in a very long time. I can't even remember their last card with a three match combo like that. And the women's and tag matches were really good shorter matches too, and Roddy's heel turn was near perfect. The ladder match had to be the best multiman ladder match since the Attitude Era at least. Black vs Almas is going to get overlooked but it was an awesome match and other than Almas/Gargano I can't think of a better NXT title match in like two years. And the main event... I've got to watch it again, because I was pretty out of it by the time we got to it and I was talking to my friend through a lot of it, but the impression I get from what I watched and what I'm hearing is that it was an instant classic.

It's going to be uniquely hard for NXT to top this show going forward. Hopefully Triple H is already figuring out what stories he wants to set up to pay off at next year's Mania weekend Takeover. 

8 minutes ago, Mike said:

I didn't even know who she was and she could be awesome for all I know. I just saw that she won the title and I looked her up on Wikipedia and saw how old she was which surprised me considering that she's still in the minor leagues that old. I expect someone like Roode or Samoa Joe to be older but not someone who I've never heard of before.

She's a sorta decorated MMA fighter, part of Rousey's group. She's been wrestling for a couple years to my knowledge so not a ton of mileage on her body and she's really good given her experience level. And more importantly, she carries herself like a total badass better than almost anyone in the company. 

12 hours ago, Mike said:

The ladder match was awesome. I only saw like five minutes of EC3 in TNA as he was on well after I stopped watching the promotion and while I didn't like what I saw then I have a feeling he is going to be an awesome heel in NXT/WWE. Adam Cole was the right choice to win the title. Usually when WWE has big guys like Kane in ladder matches they just drag things down but Lars Sullivan (surprisingly good in the ring) and Killian Dain (not great but better than I expected) held their own and were a nice change of pace from all of the high flying. I was extremely impressed with Ricochet. Velveteen Dream does nothing for me. He can't set up ladders and the only thing he did off the top rope was 11 elbow drops.

I started reading this and was so proud at how far you’ve come and then I got to the part where you said that the guy who was the absolute star of the match did nothing for you. Okay.

They should have Reigns turn heel tonight and align with Heyman. The only problem with this is I want to see Lesnar lose clean and decisively. So have Reigns win legit and after the match they shake hands and then Heyman gives a low blow to Lesnar and Reigns beats the crap out of him and shakes Herman's hand. 

Watching NXT again with my 5 year old. Cannot say enough amazing things about this ladder match. 

On a side note, got a sneaky suspicion that my son Landry gonna be in a WWE ring one day.

3 minutes ago, Nixon said:

Watching NXT again with my 5 year old. Cannot say enough amazing things about this ladder match. 

On a side note, got a sneaky suspicion that my son Landry gonna be in a WWE ring one day.

Seeing wrestling that good makes me wish I could get back in a ring. Maybe when I'm done with school and hopefully with a better job I can get some proper training, even if just as a hobby. 

I've just been buzzing all day about that show. A perfect encapsulation of why we watch this dorky pseudo-sport/theatre/reality series/soap opera. 

not agreeing with all finishes aside, we are on pace for a GOAT Mania, y'all

Rousey fucking delivered

Rousey match was a complete clusterfuck but pretty fun. You could tell the crowd had a blast. Definitely not feeling "GOAT Mania" though. 

Loved the Cena stuff. Just wildly entertaining. And I'm even cool with them doing a total squash. 

5 minutes ago, Ruiner II said:

Rousey match was a complete clusterfuck but pretty fun. You could tell the crowd had a blast. Definitely not feeling "GOAT Mania" though. 

Loved the Cena stuff. Just wildly entertaining. And I'm even cool with them doing a total squash. 

It was like some Attitude Era craziness. Steph in the friggin' ankle lock, Rousey picking up Triple H. I loved it. Plenty of great matches on this show. I was okay with this just being pure fun. 

Disappointed with the Taker match. He looked a little better than last year but I wish they had a stare down before the bell rang and I wish they wrestled more. 

10 minutes ago, Ruiner II said:

This Mania has been fucking great. The tag titles match sucked and the Cena/Taker shit was the biggest eye roll, but they’ve delivered x1000000 tonight thus far. 

3 minutes ago, Ruiner II said:

That was aight. The story of the show, really. Aight-mania

You’re way in the minority on this, pal. Alvarez talking about this being one of the best ever. Conor from STWW. Almost every reputable wrestling blog, site, etc I follow on Twitter

I'm with Nixon. Really liking this Mania. I wish the Universal title match was on now. Would've been a perfect four hour show. Now we have two matches to suffer through. 

Bryan needs to bulk up a little but he hasn't lost a step in the ring. 

21 minutes ago, Mike said:

I wish the Universal title match was on now. Would've been a perfect four hour show. Now we have two matches to suffer through.

Forgot the WWE title match. Whoops. This match needs to be awesome. Entertaining Mania but we need a classic match to go along with it. 

3 minutes ago, Nixon said:

@Mike you ready for your boy hogan to return tonight?

?

22 minutes ago, Nixon said:

You’re way in the minority on this, pal. Alvarez talking about this being one of the best ever. Conor from STWW. Almost every reputable wrestling blog, site, etc I follow on Twitter

That's fine. I was in the minority on WM31 too and who remembers anything from that show? People get sucked up in the hype for these Mania shows when they deliver even a little. None of these matches so far are going to be remembered in five years (yet!). 

It's been a solid show no doubt. Nothing other than Jinder winning has been outright bad. And this Nakamura entrance is doooope

3 minutes ago, Ruiner II said:

That's fine. I was in the minority on WM31 too and who remembers anything from that show? People get sucked up in the hype for these Mania shows when they deliver even a little. None of these matches so far are going to be remembered in five years (yet!). 

It's been a solid show no doubt. Nothing other than Jinder winning has been outright bad. And this Nakamura entrance is doooope

You’re out of your gottdam skull if you don’t think the Rousey match will be talked about for the rest of history.