Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike

WWE WrestleMania 34

130 posts in this topic

Wrestlemania_34--42497b4fe910efdc02d335e

4/8/18 - New Orleans, LA
 

WWE Universal Championship
Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns

Undertaker vs. John Cena

Kurt Angle & Ronda Rousey vs. Triple H & Stephanie McMahon

Daniel Bryan & Shane McMahon vs. Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn

WWE Championship
AJ Styles vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

WWE SmackDown Women’s Championship
Charlotte Flair vs. Asuka

WWE Intercontinental Championship
The Miz vs. Seth Rollins vs. Finn Balor

WWE Raw Women’s Championship
Alexa Bliss vs. Nia Jax

WWE Raw Tag Team Championship
Sheamus & Cesaro vs. Braun Strowman & TBD

WWE United States Championship      
Randy Orton vs. Bobby Roode vs. Rusev vs. Jinder Mahal

WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship
Usos vs. New Day vs. Bludgeon Brothers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NXT_TakeOver_New_Orleans_Logo.jpeg


NXT Championship
Andrade "Cien" Almas vs. Aleister Black

NXT North American Championship (Ladder match)
Adam Cole vs. EC3 vs. Killian Dain vs. Lars Sullivan vs. Ricochet vs. Velveteen Dream

Johnny Gargano vs. Tommaso Ciampa

 NXT Tag Team Championship
The Undisputed Era vs. The Authors of Pain vs. Roderick Strong & Pete Dunne

NXT Women's Championship
Ember Moon vs. Shayna Baszler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WWEHallofFameRender.png


Inductee (Inducted by)

Goldberg (Paul Heyman)
The Dudley Boyz (Edge and Christian)
Jeff Jarrett (Road Dogg)
Ivory (Molly Holly)
Mark Henry (Big Show)
Hillbilly Jim (Jimmy Hart)
Kid Rock
Jarrius "JJ" Robertson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some good, good, good wrestling going on this weekend. Most anticipated matches... 

1. Gargano vs Ciampa

2. Bryan/Shane vs Owens/Zayn

3. Almas vs Black

4. NXT NA Championship match

5. Usos vs Bludgeon Brothers vs New Day

6. Styles vs Nakamura

7. Undisputed Era vs AoP vs Dunne/Strong 

8. Asuka vs Charlotte 

9. Miz vs Rollins vs Balor

10. Moon vs Baszler 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Takeover is gonna roll Mania again just because the show is too damn long.  At least the card looks good this year though, a lot of matches with show-stealing potential, though it's all gonna be feeling pretty samey by hour four if they don't get really creative with match structures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ruiner, why is that SD tag title match your 5th most anticipated match of the weekend? Seems like an odd choice.

My most anticipated matches are listed below. I'm factored in match quality, spectacle, everything.

01. Mixed tag
02. Taker vs. Cena
03. AJ vs. Nakamura
04. Bryan/Shane vs. Owens/Zayn
05. NA title match
06. Lesnar vs. Reigns

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mike said:

Ruiner, why is that SD tag title match your 5th most anticipated match of the weekend? Seems like an odd choice.

My most anticipated matches are listed below. I'm factored in match quality, spectacle, everything.

01. Mixed tag
02. Taker vs. Cena
03. AJ vs. Nakamura
04. Bryan/Shane vs. Owens/Zayn
05. NA title match
06. Lesnar vs. Reigns

Low-key show-stealer potential. New Day and Usos have had fantastic matches together, Usos and Harper/Rowan have had fantastic matches together, you put all three together and good things should come. 

Though I will say that I had heard it was going to be a TLC match and that seems to have been dropped, which makes the match much less interesting. It's possible that Triple H convinced them not to do a ladder match a night after his ladder match, especially since they already used the exact stipulation as Gargano/Ciampa on the Daniel Bryan match. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will say that Nakamura needs a big performance here. His match with Cena was good but so far he's never come close to his classic with Zayn. I don't want to say that he hasn't lived up to the hype so far because you can argue his opponents have been the reason why his matches haven't been as good as expected but if the WWE title match disappoints, let's just say I won't be blaming AJ.

 

50 minutes ago, Ruiner II said:

Low-key show-stealer potential. New Day and Usos have had fantastic matches together, Usos and Harper/Rowan have had fantastic matches together, you put all three together and good things should come. 

Though I will say that I had heard it was going to be a TLC match and that seems to have been dropped, which makes the match much less interesting. 

There's enough going on during this PPV and a TLC match sounds like overkill. Plus they can save it for the next PPV where it can get a good 15 minutes. The Usos have renewed life since turning heel and this is their first ever WrestleMania match. I would not be surprised at all to see them steal the show. While this match just screams pre-show, I'm glad it's on the main card. With the exception of Rowan who I couldn't care less about, all of the other guys in this match deserve to be on the show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy shit I've not seen wrestling in probably 18 months at this point. Taker is back? DB is wrestling again?? Rousey is wrestling now??? The MIZ is relevant enough to be in a title fight???? Whew, how time flies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

- Universal title: So I went back and watched their first match again and I still didn't like it. Hopefully this one will be better. Brock is on his way out and probably cares about this match even less than he usually cares about his matches so he'll be putting in a WM20 effort and Reigns is building a WrestleMania track record that rivals Triple H in terms of suckiness. The Undertaker had to come out of retirement because his match with Reigns was so bad. So I'm not expecting much here but we'll see. I will be happy to see the Universal title on TV full time again and defended at every PPV and with Reigns we have the first ever full-time true main event Universal title holder so that's good. Picking Reigns, obviously. Not like anyone thought Brock was winning but it was kinda silly that Heyman practically announced that Brock will be losing this past Monday on Raw.

- Undertaker vs. Cena: The build-up for this has been great. We're going into WrestleMania and this match isn't even official yet. I think the match will be good but it still happened too late. It needed to happen when Taker was undefeated and Cena was beating everyone. Picking Taker here.

- Angle/Rousey vs. Triple H/Stephanie: Going with Angle and Rousey. They'll make the mighty Triple H beat up Angle the whole time. Clearly Kurt is an afterthought. You need a magnifying glass to see his picture on the WWE Mania page. I'm expecting Rousey to beat up Stephanie and even Triple H as we've seen a little bit of. Excited to see what Stephanie is wearing, even though she'll be dressing to wrestle. Her WM attire is always something to look forward to.

- Bryan/Shane vs. Owens/Zayn: Going with Bryan and Shane. I really hope Bryan is good in the ring. It would suck if he returned after all these years and wasn't as good as before...which seems to be the case with every athlete, TV show, actor, band, etc..

- WWE title: Picking Nakamura. Hoping this is MOTN.

- SD Women's: Going with Asuka but I'd like Charlotte to win because this undefeated streak makes it incredibly obvious that Asuka is going to win all the time. Like that Facebook mixed tag thing, once you saw Asuka's name you knew her and Miz were going to win.

- IC: Picking Rollins. If he was healthy, they should've added poor Samoa Joe to the match who has missed both WM shows since he's been on the main roster.

- Raw Women’s: Going with Nia.

- Raw Tag: Going with Strowman but I hope Sheamus and Cesaro win as I hate the thought of Strowman in a tag team as much as I hate his face turn.

- US: Picking Orton.

- SD Tag: Picking Usos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mike said:

- Bryan/Shane vs. Owens/Zayn: Going with Bryan and Shane. I really hope Bryan is good in the ring. It would suck if he returned after all these years and wasn't as good as before...which seems to be the case with every athlete, TV show, actor, band, etc..

athlete: Shawn Michaels
show: Twin Peaks
actor: do actors go away for years and not come back often? I guess you could say Robert Downey Jr
band: Faith No More, LCD Soundsystem, hopefully Tool
etc: Toy Story

The point here is that I'm not sure what you're talking about. I know you got stung recently by Curb, but wasn't that already dipping in quality before it left in the first place?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Universal title: Reigns
WWE title: Nakamura
Mixed tag: Team Rousey
Bryan/Shane vs Owens/Zayn: Bryan and Shane, with Sami taking the fall, naturally
Jax/Bliss: Bliss, Carmella capitalizes on Jax beating her up after the match
Charlotte/Asuka: Asuka
Raw tag: Strowman and Partner
Smackdown tag: Bludgeon Brothers
US title: Rusev, if they have any idea how to book a show (so yeah, probably Orton)
IC title: Miz
Ali/Alexander: Ali
Battle royals: who cares?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ruiner II said:

athlete: Shawn Michaels
show: Twin Peaks
actor: do actors go away for years and not come back often? I guess you could say Robert Downey Jr
band: Faith No More, LCD Soundsystem, hopefully Tool
etc: Toy Story

The point here is that I'm not sure what you're talking about. I know you got stung recently by Curb, but wasn't that already dipping in quality before it left in the first place?

Wrestlers I was mostly thinking about The Rock, bands plenty that came out with new albums after time away like Cold, shows Curb and Family Guy (although I still enjoy Family Guy), actors Arnold although he's been fine it's just the movies suck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great speech from Goldberg. I couldn't have been more happy with his final send off during this last WWE run. He re-debuts and cuts the greatest promo of his career and surprisingly has the support of the WWE fans, beats Brock in one of the most talked about matches of the year, has one of the most entertaining three minutes in Rumble history with Taker and Lesnar, wins the Universal title, redeems himself from WM20 at WM33 against Brock and arguably steals the show and then tonight with a spectacular send off for his career and for WCW with a special moment with him, Sting and DDP, a great speech and a surprisingly respectful crowd throughout the speech. Goldberg's last run is what I wanted Sting's last run to be like. While there are still a few people like Christian and Bischoff who I want to see inducted, seeing Sting, Kurt Angle and Goldberg headline these past three years has been awesome and Goldberg was the last of my childhood wrestling heroes who I needed to see get inducted into the WWE HOF.

Despite the awful, awkward and highly unnecessary song at the end that even he seemed surprised to do when Road Dogg came out, Jeff Jarrett's speech was fantastic. It was funny, emotional and didn't take too long. It is a shame the vast majority of focus was on WWE when I'm willing to bet almost all wrestling fans associate Jarrett more with his time in WCW and TNA.

The Dudley's speech was pretty good but Bubba is a prick and always had to get the last jab in at Devon. And outside of seeing 30 seconds of Kid Rock just to see what a trainwreck it would be, the only other speech I saw was that little kid and I only watched it because I stopped fast-forwarding for a second to see where I was at and it seemed funny so I watched the whole thing and it was pretty funny. This HOF event is so damn long, though. I couldn't imagine watching that entire thing. 4 and a half hours, good god. The crowd looked dead at the end and some of the seats in the closer rows were empty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These fans aren't allowed to boo Cena or Roman ever again after politely applauding Kid Rock 

8 hours ago, Mike said:

Wrestlers I was mostly thinking about The Rock, bands plenty that came out with new albums after time away like Cold, shows Curb and Family Guy (although I still enjoy Family Guy), actors Arnold although he's been fine it's just the movies suck.

That's fair enough, just establishing that there are counterpoints. And Bryan is an all-time great wrestler, a guy who's obsessed with having good matches, coming back off three years of not taking bumps for concussion risk. It's completely possible that he won't be one hundred percent peak Bryan out of the gate, but I'd be shocked if he's not instantly a top five worker in the company. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ruiner II said:

These fans aren't allowed to boo Cena or Roman ever again after politely applauding Kid Rock 

Kid Rock said he wanted to bodyslam democrats and they booed a little then. The wrestlers laughed cause it was a joke not meant to be taken seriously but the sensitive fans booed. Then he said he has friends on both sides and we're people first and Americans second and then they cheered. That's all I saw so I'm not sure when he said this. It's possible they would've booed the whole speech but maybe he said this at the beginning so they held off on booing. Also, I did notice Triple H was inducting him. It must've taken a hell of an effort on his part to hype up Kid Rock. He probably had a tougher time than Heyman hyping up a man he has no association with who was also a rival on TV just one short year ago. Still not sure why Bischoff, Sting, DDP, or anyone that would've made more sense didn't induct Goldberg.

Back on topic...now I complain every year about the people in the crowd screaming stuff and being annoying during the HOF (for some reason WWE chooses not to eject these people) but I think it would be great if they interrupted the celebrity speeches each year. Boo Mr. T, boo Kid Rock, who cares? This is a publicity stunt...these people don't give a shit about wrestling. This is Vince desperately wanting attention from Hollywood. There are celebs who care about wrestling like Maria Menounos who unfairly get booed by the mentally challenged WWE fans but then Kid Rock doesn't get booed? So dumb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mike said:

Kid Rock said he wanted to bodyslam democrats and they booed a little then. The wrestlers laughed cause it was a joke not meant to be taken seriously but the sensitive fans booed. Then he said he has friends on both sides and we're people first and Americans second and then they cheered. That's all I saw so I'm not sure when he said this. It's possible they would've booed the whole speech but maybe he said this at the beginning so they held off on booing. Also, I did notice Triple H was inducting him. It must've taken a hell of an effort on his part to hype up Kid Rock. He probably had a tougher time than Heyman hyping up a man he has no association with who was also a rival on TV just one short year ago. Still not sure why Bischoff, Sting, DDP, or anyone that would've made more sense didn't induct Goldberg.

Back on topic...now I complain every year about the people in the crowd screaming stuff and being annoying during the HOF (for some reason WWE chooses not to eject these people) but I think it would be great if they interrupted the celebrity speeches each year. Boo Mr. T, boo Kid Rock, who cares? This is a publicity stunt...these people don't give a shit about wrestling. This is Vince desperately wanting attention from Hollywood. There are celebs who care about wrestling like Maria Menounos who unfairly get booed by the mentally challenged WWE fans but then Kid Rock doesn't get booed? So dumb.

They specifically cut to a shot of all the conservative wrestlers (who were sitting together for some reason) and they were all laughing--AJ Styles, the Angles, Baron Corbin. You can see the Singhs behind them no-selling it. Stupid calling the fans "sensitive", it's pretty well-known that Kid Rock is a huge cunt when it comes to political views, so naturally people are going to boo when he brings them somewhere he's not really wanted in the first place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ruiner II said:

They specifically cut to a shot of all the conservative wrestlers (who were sitting together for some reason) and they were all laughing--AJ Styles, the Angles, Baron Corbin.

Don't forget your boy Daniel Bryan.

The second Kid Rock was announced for the HOF his support of Trump is the first thing everyone thought about. It was clearly the elephant in the room and him acknowledging that in some innocent way was a fine way to move on from that and get to the rest of his speech.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mike said:

Don't forget your boy Daniel Bryan.

The second Kid Rock was announced for the HOF his support of Trump is the first thing everyone thought about. It was clearly the elephant in the room and him acknowledging that in some innocent way was a fine way to move on from that and get to the rest of his speech.

Daniel Bryan is virtually Santa Claus. You can't hold just anyone to that standard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WWE has been doing a great job posting all of this behind the scenes stuff on YouTube. They showed Daniel Bryan in a ring doing his first backflip in three years, Jarrett meeting people backstage and getting his HOF ring from Vince, funny red carpet stuff from last night and they even attempted to recoup some losses from the Bennett family as I saw there's a video of Mike Kanellis having to interview Kid Rock. Hopefully WWE continues with this behind the scenes stuff on Sunday as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ruiner II said:

Anyone else watching live or am I going this shit alone? 

I just got done with the ladder match and I'll post my thoughts when I'm at the computer but let's just say I have a full erection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ladder match was awesome. I only saw like five minutes of EC3 in TNA as he was on well after I stopped watching the promotion and while I didn't like what I saw then I have a feeling he is going to be an awesome heel in NXT/WWE. Adam Cole was the right choice to win the title. Usually when WWE has big guys like Kane in ladder matches they just drag things down but Lars Sullivan (surprisingly good in the ring) and Killian Dain (not great but better than I expected) held their own and were a nice change of pace from all of the high flying. I was extremely impressed with Ricochet. Velveteen Dream does nothing for me. He can't set up ladders and the only thing he did off the top rope was 11 elbow drops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck Wrestlemania....Takeover is going to be tough to beat. Possibly the best Takeover ever, and it’s amazing how many times we’ve gotten to say that. All hail NXT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I don't think Wrestlemania is sniffing that show, and I can't begin to think of a Takeover show better than that. You hear a lot of hyperbole in Takeover reactions (and I've been guilty of it some too), but I think it's warranted here. Top to bottom, unreal show. 

I'll probably try and unpack it a bit more in the morning. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.