Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lucas

New Meg Myers single incoming

32 posts in this topic

"Numb" impacts Alternative radio on May 1, 2018. Expected album release date is currently unknown. Can't wait!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2018 at 1:00 PM, Lucas said:

"Numb" impacts Alternative radio on May 1, 2018. Expected album release date is currently unknown. Can't wait!

I'd like Meg to impact me...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heard "Numb" and it's pretty solid. Kind of a continuation of her sound from the debut, but in a positive way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Err, Meg?

Did her voice drop an octave or two since the last album? It doesn't sound anything like her. My impression was that it's a dude.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Take Me To the Disco is the album title. Single has leaked and it was rather impressive. Vocals are PJ Harvey-esque.

I'll share the unofficial video for kicks:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, NinjaNick101 said:

Vocals are PJ Harvey-esque.

 

I dig Meg a lot but putting her in the same sentence as PJ Harvey ain't going to do her (or virtually anybody) any favors

Song is alright, I like it more than the stuff I liked least from Sorry but not close to as much as I liked the best stuff. The verses are good, and the singing is great throughout but the chorus is waaay overproduced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7DQvset.jpg

Release Date: July 20, 2018

1. Take Me to the Disco
2. Numb
3. Tourniquet
4. Tear Me to Pieces
5. Jealous Sea
6. The Death of Me
7. Some People
8. Done
9. I'm Not Sorry
10. Little Black Death
11. Funeral
12. Constant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2018 at 5:37 AM, jmg05005_v2.0 said:

I'd like Meg to impact me...

Unpopular opinion, but "sex" has always been party of the marketing for her, and thus comments like this, while they could be phrased more maturely, are pretty fair. I recall lots of comments specific to her looks from lots of people in various threads in the past.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOVE the new song. Totally ready for this album

also no matter how she's marketed/how hot she is (very) how about we don't objectify her k thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, xeph said:

LOVE the new song. Totally ready for this album

also no matter how she's marketed/how hot she is (very) how about we don't objectify her k thanks

Philosophically, how much does one have to talk about something other than her looks to avoid the comment being labeled as objectification? I'm inferring of course that you mean objectifying her based on her looks. If her label and she portrays herself as a sex object, who is anyone else to say that a person is wrong for seeing her as she intends?

I'm open to yours and other views on this, but I don't see anything wrong with somebody giving attention to where attention is desired by the subject in question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ruiner II said:

When? 

In the video where she's wearing minimal clothing and writhing around on the bed in the back of a trailer, or the video where she's in her underwear writhing around on the bed (maybe somewhat importantly to you, both the video and song were described as "sexual" by her in interviews), when she performs live in her underwear or other intentionally revealing outfits, or the PR materials all featuring her mostly undressed or in 'sexy' poses. Those are a few examples.

Let me be clear I'm *not* saying she's in the wrong for any of that, nor am I saying it makes it okay to be lewd or classless about anything. Whether she is doing it for her own feminine empowerment or just for cheap clicks/shares, the intent is to attract attention to her body. Sure, she and the label would hope that's just the "hook" to the music and the complete package, but if people parse it out to the individual elements, I think it's fair game if it's part of what's being sold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vigo said:

In the video where she's wearing minimal clothing and writhing around on the bed in the back of a trailer, or the video where she's in her underwear writhing around on the bed (maybe somewhat importantly to you, both the video and song were described as "sexual" by her in interviews), when she performs live in her underwear or other intentionally revealing outfits, or the PR materials all featuring her mostly undressed or in 'sexy' poses. Those are a few examples.

Let me be clear I'm *not* saying she's in the wrong for any of that, nor am I saying it makes it okay to be lewd or classless about anything. Whether she is doing it for her own feminine empowerment or just for cheap clicks/shares, the intent is to attract attention to her body. Sure, she and the label would hope that's just the "hook" to the music and the complete package, but if people parse it out to the individual elements, I think it's fair game if it's part of what's being sold.

I just think there's a distinction to made between sexually-charged or sexualized and sexual objectification. She's definitely made songs (and apparently videos) that fit the former description, but I don't think that means coming up with different ways to say "I want to fuck her" in literally every single discussion about her that comes up isn't creepy or at the very least very fucking annoying. A more becoming "she's hot" or something less aggressive wouldn't get a hard time.

Lest of all, this is a thread that has nothing to do with those videos, but an upcoming single that it turns out isn't sexual in nature at all. It's just "I want to fuck her", every time she's brought up, following a history of making creepy statements and being given shit for it extensive enough that I'd guess he's just doing it to troll at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.