Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
slack1018

New Godsmack Single - Bulletproof

31 posts in this topic

Woah, I actually really really like it. I feel like its been a decade since I enjoyed a Godsmack song but this is a pleasant surprise. More of this please.

1 minute ago, Omar said:

Woah, I actually really really like it. I feel like its been a decade since I enjoyed a Godsmack song but this is a pleasant surprise. More of this please.

In the same boat. This is a pleasant surprise.

godsmacklegendsrise.jpg

01. When Legends Rise
02. Bulletproof
03. Unforgettable
04. Every Part Of Me
05. Take It To The Edge
06. Under Your Scars
07. Someday
08. Just One Time
09. Say My Name
10. Let it Out
11. Eye Of The Storm

I enjoyed that as well. I’ve heard this one was gonna go in a different direction than the last few, which I’m not disappointed in the least bit. It’s good to see some of these older bands ditch the cock rock lyrics for some more mature stuff. 

Looking forward to the whole thing. 

Fucking awesome, one of their best.

I don't know how successful their attempt for crossover success will be though, despite the awesomeness of this song. Rock, in any form really, simply doesn't make it onto popular radio these days, its only pop/rap/country.

My opinion on that song. It's their best leadoff single since "Speak". It's still going to top rock charts.

Meh. Sounds like any generic rock song to me, honestly

Granted it's much better than their output in the past decade or so and I've NEVER been a Godsmack fan, but at least their early stuff had a certain urgency to it

1 hour ago, Ruiner II said:

Meh. Sounds like any generic rock song to me, honestly

Granted it's much better than their output in the past decade or so and I've NEVER been a Godsmack fan, but at least their early stuff had a certain urgency to it

You're being kind. I thought you'd say something like "shitty radio rock" instead. I wouldnt even be mad at that cuz I kinda know where you're coming from. I know which music the critics like and praise and I like lots of stuff they either hate or don't cover and you like lots of stuff they cover and praise. Like I said, I pay attention to that sorta stuff and I get it.

I just listened to this and it's strange, because it's a decent song but from any other band it would be just that. I'm so used to Godsmack being aggressive that to hear something that dials that back is refreshing.

2 hours ago, pen said:

I just listened to this and it's strange, because it's a decent song but from any other band it would be just that. I'm so used to Godsmack being aggressive that to hear something that dials that back is refreshing.

I agree with this. The song itself isn’t all that great but I guess I just appreciate that they showed a little bit of effort to not just go through the motions again. 

1 hour ago, RainbowDragon said:

Isnt that what Breaking Benjamin does ? :D

Yup...which is why I don’t think I’m gonna be as into their new stuff and most people here. The songs are good, it’s just meh been there done that. 

I finally listened to the new song. Overall, it's pretty generic in terms of radio rock if you want to call it that. However, I like this new turn of sound for Godsmack instead of overall having a very similar sound throughout their career.

Wow, that was certainly different. I did a double-take on the song playing to make sure it really was the right one going after the first minute. I actually really liked this shift in style and like everyone said not just going through the motions.

Damn, this song has been stuck in my head today and has grown on me a lot this week after repeated listens. Got a bit of an earworm here.

Title track for this is on Spotify, and the song kind of sounds like Linkin Park? It's jarring to hear this from Godsmack, in a good way. This album could be the breath of fresh air for this band I've been waiting for.