Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris.

New Underoath album

25 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, Relic said:

didn’t they announce they were done years ago? Didn’t know the opportunity was even there for a return

They've been doing shows on and off for a while now. First rule of music: nothing is ever done. 

New album “Erase Me” out April 6th. HYPED.

377713-320x320.jpg

01. "It Has to Start Somewhere"
02. "Rapture"
03. "On My Teeth"
04. "Wake Me"
05. "Bloodlust"
06. "Sink With You"
07. "Ihateit"
08. "Hold Your Breath"
09. "No Frame"
10. "In Motion"
11. "Gave Up"

Really good, but I'm not sure I'd call it great. Far from their best cut. Maybe it just needs more spins to sink in fully. The use of profanity is quite surprising from these guys. It almost goes without saying, but I don't think they're a Christian band anymore.

1 hour ago, Bladenit09 said:

Really good, but I'm not sure I'd call it great. Far from their best cut. Maybe it just needs more spins to sink in fully. The use of profanity is quite surprising from these guys. It almost goes without saying, but I don't think they're a Christian band anymore.

I don’t think they’ve considered themselves a Christian band for a long time. 

3 hours ago, Chris. said:

I don’t think they’ve considered themselves a Christian band for a long time. 

Yeah, I knew they'd been distancing themselves from it for a least a couple years now. It's still kind of jarring to me though.

I like, but don't love this song. The lyrics are a little simplistic, not that Spencer/Aaron were ever Shakespeare or anything, but I felt a little underwhelmed, and the chorus is a small step down from the awesomeness that was Disambiguation to me

god does it feel good to hear this band again though

I have been digging this song this week. I've been spinning it off and on quite a bit. I think it was made to be a bit simpler for radio friendliness, but I'm enjoying it.

That's exactly what I was thinking. It's actually kind of a theme on the reddit thread for this song. Really not bad, but it doesn't sound like Underoath.

10 minutes ago, BreakTheAgony87 said:

Probably my favorite thing to come from Underoath

So you're saying you don't like Underoath?

I like their side projects better.  Sleepwave, The Almost, etc.

Underoath is one of those bands that I have never been able to get in to.  Any songs you recommend to a newbie?

13 hours ago, BreakTheAgony87 said:

I like their side projects better.  Sleepwave, The Almost, etc.

Underoath is one of those bands that I have never been able to get in to.  Any songs you recommend to a newbie?

Just listen to the entire “They’re Only Chasing Safety” album

But if you want some songs A Boy Brushed in Red, Young and Aspiring, Reinventing Your Exit, It’s a Dangerous Business Walking Out Your Front Door....all gems 

I'll admit that I haven't listened to a ton of Underoath besides the singles released to radio, but this to me sound more produced and mainstream sounding than what I've heard in the past. Not that that's a bad thing exactly. Sounds overall pretty good to me. Looking forward to what else is on the new album.