Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
heldjc

Rock on the Range 2018

17 posts in this topic

It's funny every year people complain about these lineups no matter who it is. There are only so many bands in the rock and metal genre...I'm just curious who they expect to be in these lineups? 

9 hours ago, Chris. said:

I'm just curious who they expect to be in these lineups? 

I personally wouldn't complain about it. Its primarily rock with some metal and hip hop that rock fans listen to sprinkled in. Its way better than those other music festivals that are primarily non rock oriented. The only  negative I see is that there are other Rock on the Range type festivals all over the US now with similar lineups so thats kinda made Rock on the Range less of a must see destination.

I did notice though that having or not having a new album to promote has nothing to do with you being invited because I see plenty of acts on there who won't have no albums by the time this event happens.

10 hours ago, pen said:

Another great lineup I won't see.

Yeah but you live in Florida so you could just see the festivals in Ft. Myers or Jacksonville which are basically scaled down versions of Rock on the Range.

4 hours ago, RainbowDragon said:

Yeah but you live in Florida so you could just see the festivals in Ft. Myers or Jacksonville which are basically scaled down versions of Rock on the Range.

I can't afford those either and they're smaller scale.

20 hours ago, Chris. said:

It's funny every year people complain about these lineups no matter who it is. There are only so many bands in the rock and metal genre...I'm just curious who they expect to be in these lineups? 

I'm one of those that complain every year, but my complaints are always about the inclusion of non-rock bands and the ordering/ranking of the bands.

19 minutes ago, Omar said:

I don't know who half these bands are. First sign of getting old is when you stop keeping up with the new music...

Who don't you recognize? A majority of them have been mentioned here at one time or another...

3 minutes ago, pen said:

Who don't you recognize? A majority of them have been mentioned here at one time or another...

From the 4th line on down everything is hit or miss.

4 hours ago, Omar said:

From the 4th line on down everything is hit or miss.

Are you serious? I don't want to bust your balls, but do you not read the forum anymore?

7 hours ago, Vigo said:

I'm one of those that complain every year, but my complaints are always about the inclusion of non-rock bands and the ordering/ranking of the bands.

These are acceptable complaints, but I'm talking about people complaining about the rock bands. Not real complaints, but an example is like "why is Chevelle playing this year. Why can't it be Seether" then next year they are like "Why is Seether playing, we want Chevelle." 

This is a mostly good lineup. Too bad I'm stuck in Hell. You know, the side of California that doesn't freeze over and has not many music festivals nearby. (Not counting Ozz/Knotfest.)

43 minutes ago, Omar said:

Unfortunately the music side not so much.

Not to go on about this, but I'm just really surprised, just cause the fourth line has Bullet For My Valentine, Underoath, and The Used. I'm sure you know who they are. Maybe not Tech N9ne and Babymetal, even though both have been mentioned around here a few times.

The fifth line has Black Veil Brides, Asking Alexandria, and I Prevail. Greta Van Fleet is kind of up and coming, so I can understand that, but...

Sixth, you have Trivium, Body Count, and Red Sun Rising...

I mean, most of these bands were at least in Music Madness this year. Which I can't remember if you participated in or not, now that I think about it.

Think the line up is great, price and the fact that you are paying for 3 days? Not so much. Sucks you pay all this money and for me I would have to take a day off work as well anddd travel there with expenses.. plussss you also have to pay outrageous prices for food/alcohol and what not. That’s the only complaint I have. I can only really afford to see whatever lineup they have on Saturday and maybe Sunday.. then drive back afterwards. And that’s for someone who is only about an hour from the concert.