Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike

2017 MLB Postseason

22 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Mike said:

You can always count on Greinke to get lit up in a playoff game. 

I'll have my NL predictions soon but I'm going with Houston and Cleveland in the AL. 

No pitcher was surviving that game intact.  Both of those offenses are too good and were ripping the ball all night.  Our best reliever gave up two homers (after hitting a triple, in his defense).

Going with Nats (so help me god if they lose again when I pick them to win a playoff series) and D-Backs. That NL West series was much tougher for me to pick than the other NL series. I like how the D-Backs are throwing Walker in there with Kershaw. Just giving up on game 1 and then start fresh with their better pitchers game 2 and beyond with no Kershaw haha.

Robbie Ray will start Game 2 for Arizona, which should be a must-win. D'backs are 3-0 against Rich Hill. They're not in big trouble at the moment. Kershaw wasn't at his best, but he got plentiful run support tonight.

Kyle Hendricks: 0 ER in 2017 postseason

Kershaw: 4 ER in 2017 postseason

Now is Kyle Hendricks better than Kershaw? Not for me to say. But I will say, you tell me....

Red Sox lose to better team. Offseason moves, start with upgrading 1B and CF. Bradley is too streaky and they need more power to help out the pitchers. Id love for Pedroia to gtfo but hes got too many years and money left on his deal. Hanley is fine at DH for 1 more year because his ops was comparable with the rest of the Dhs in the league. A full season of Price as a starter will help as well.

I wouldn't get rid of Bradley. He's the best fielder in baseball. His glove more than makes up for his lack of offense. They need to dump Moreland and get a power bat at first. That's their biggest need this offseason. Pedroia probably needs to go too but he's too iconic and they won't get rid of him. Plus, I'm not sure if there are any better replacements out there. I think starting pitching will be fine and bullpen should be good as well assuming Smith and Reed aren't free agents.

I really hope they get rid of Farrell. Maybe it's still my utter disgust that they got rid of the best manager in baseball who should've been managing the Sox for another ten years but I've never like Farrell. With the exception of that complete fluke World Series in 2013, they've spent the past four years either in last place or getting eliminated in the first round of the playoffs. It's time to move on.

Getting rid of Bradley is way down the list of needs but must keep options open if there's someone better out there that wont cost good prospects.. Hes not untouchable tho. Pedroia leaving has nothing to do with iconic, he's owed 56 m for 4 more years !!! No one will take that with his decline. For free agent 1B I saw that Eric Hosmer will be available. He had a fantastic 2017. Lucas Duda has some pop as well despite the horrible bat avg. For free agent CF I saw Carlos Gomez from Tex is available and Lorenzo Cain.

ALCS prediction: Astros in 7. Not really confident in them due to their history of falling short, but if Keuchel and Verlander can put up Cy Young performances, they'll beat anyone.

NLCS prediction: Cubs in 6. Dodgers have their swagger back and seeking revenge, but Joe Maddon has a bag of tricks and I can't deny the defending champs. 

Going with Astros and Dodgers. So help me god I'll never pick the Nationals to win another playoff series. The curse of shutting down Strasburg years ago is real.

3 hours ago, NinjaNick101 said:

Joe Maddon has a bag of tricks

He has a bag of gimmicks that he throws at the wall. Sometimes they stick, sometimes they don't. Either way, he gets viewed as a genius. Make no mistake about, they won the World Series last year in spite of their manager, not because of him. He was out-managed every step of the way in the World Series last year.