Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
breanna.

Otherwise - 'Sleeping Lions'

9 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, Koldes said:

I'll check it out. Any variation or is it standard active rock style formula? 

Somewhere out there, a band who is very competent at what they do and do well have single tears rolling from their eyes and whispering, "I'm sorry Koldes, we'll try harder."

22 hours ago, pen said:

Somewhere out there, a band who is very competent at what they do and do well have single tears rolling from their eyes and whispering, "I'm sorry Koldes, we'll try harder."

Then they'll realize that at least I'm still giving them a chance, when millions of people have moved on from their style of music completely and refuse to even listen, and realize I'm hardly the problem. I'm also not sure how they'l have single tear(s) from their eyes!

1 hour ago, Koldes said:

Then they'll realize that at least I'm still giving them a chance, when millions of people have moved on from their style of music completely and refuse to even listen, and realize I'm hardly the problem. I'm also not sure how they'l have single tear(s) from their eyes!

I feel like you took offense to my ribbing.

On 9/22/2017 at 11:52 AM, Koldes said:

I'll check it out. Any variation or is it standard active rock style formula? 

It's definitely varied from their other records.  "Suffer" opens with a piano intro.  "Sleeping Lions" chorus sounds reminiscent of new era Korn.  "Weapons," "Close to the Gods," and "Dead in the Air" have some electronic sounding elements going on throughout the songs.  "Beautiful Monster" has a hip hop sounding beat in the verses and a rocking chorus.  "Blame" has a really cool sound at the beginning.   It's a well rounded record in my opinion.  There's some heavier and lighter songs, some singing and some screaming.  It's not my favorite album of the year, but as of now it'll probably be in the top ten for sure. 

1 hour ago, Tilley said:

It's definitely varied from their other records.  "Suffer" opens with a piano intro.  "Sleeping Lions" chorus sounds reminiscent of new era Korn.  "Weapons," "Close to the Gods," and "Dead in the Air" have some electronic sounding elements going on throughout the songs.  "Beautiful Monster" has a hip hop sounding beat in the verses and a rocking chorus.  "Blame" has a really cool sound at the beginning.   It's a well rounded record in my opinion.  There's some heavier and lighter songs, some singing and some screaming.  It's not my favorite album of the year, but as of now it'll probably be in the top ten for sure. 

This has me excited to give this a listen.