11. (Alone; Together)
12. Go to War
13. Just Say When
14. (Accept; Disconnect)
15. Who We Are
16. Tunnels
17. (End; Begin)
18. FadeIn; FadeOut

One listen through this--Wow. This is QUICKLY going to shoot up my AOTY rankings...

FadeIn/FadeOut may be my favorite song this year.  

Top priority for me, can't wait! I hope it's even to be a fraction of as great as the S/T then I'll be happy. It'll be almost impossible to match the quality of the S/T. I just hope it's similar, but different and has 3-5 gems on it and I'll be satisfied. 

Oh yeah! Will try and listen to this one sooner than later. Been hard pressed to keep up w/ new albums, but this is one I've anticipated for a while.

6 hours ago, TaNbULL said:

So, 'FadeIn/FadeOut' is my song of the year. 

Won't be able to listen until Saturday, but this has me excited as hell. 

Picked up the album at the show last night.  Solid, for sure...going to have to decide what my favorite is but I think it's "Who We Are" for today.

20 hours ago, TaNbULL said:

So, 'FadeIn/FadeOut' is my song of the year. 

You... are.. a jerk. 

I didn't think they could write a song that made me think and feel even more than 'Jenny', but FadeIn/FadeOut does it, my goodness. I actually teared up. Cats and the cradle type stuff right there... 

Yeah, Fade In/Fade Out is a tear-jerker. I'm hoping that gets covered and somebody does some acoustic versions as well.

The album overall is way too electronic for my tastes, and the lyrics are a little too preachy on a few tracks, but there are a couple songs I'd really like to hear in a stripped down form.

3 hours ago, Koldes said:

You... are.. a jerk. 

I didn't think they could write a song that made me think and feel even more than 'Jenny', but FadeIn/FadeOut does it, my goodness. I actually teared up. Cats and the cradle type stuff right there... 

It made me want to call my parents, because the first verse about it being the first time he'd noticed his dad had grown old reminded me of something similar that happened to me pretty recently. 

6 hours ago, TaNbULL said:

It made me want to call my parents, because the first verse about it being the first time he'd noticed his dad had grown old reminded me of something similar that happened to me pretty recently. 

I wrote to my brothers and my parents and told them I quick 'I love you' because of it.

Also, note, I meant "God Went North" instead of "Jenny" 

It took me up until halfway through to really get into this, but on first listen, I really like this album. "Go to War" and "Just Say When," are two that stand out to me most so far. "Fade In/Fade Out" is super emotionally well done. There are just so many factors on this release of how the band has great talent in different areas of sound. I'm not so much into bands similar to Nothing More, but can't help but deny how damn good they are.

Loving it, no sophomore slump here what so ever. Sounds a little bit different but I am totally fine with it: the experiments and electronic auto tune is well done in my opinion and used at the right times to make a unique sound. Fade in/fade out is emotional as hell like you all have said. I actually just moved back in with my dad for awhile who is starting to get up there in age so it really hit home for me as well. Can't pick other favorites yet but will totally be revisiting this a lot this weekend and come back and post some favorites.

After only a couple of quick listens, I am happy with this album. It's about as good as I could have asked for. S/T had several gems like Christ Copyright, Ballast, The Matthew Effect, First Punch and such. The rest of the S/T was very strong, but not quite "gems" for me. I would say TSWTO is similar in quality to the rest of S/T, without any of the songs being true stand out gems other than FI/FO. That's not an insult, just a compliment to the strength of those few gem songs on S/T. After just the two listens, I think this is my 2nd favorite harder rock album of the year behind Starset. Gonna keep listening more, but overall I'm happy.  I'm hoping I missed a couple of soon-to-be favorites due to a couple brief listens. 

*Edit* As I type all the above, I'm listening to Tunnels, which I realize is a hell of a song.

7 hours ago, JasonG said:

I don't think I've heard a better song than Fade In/Fade Out in at least the last 3 years. Amazing.

It's almost on the level of Johnny Cash's cover of "Hurt" for me...

After several listens of this album, I think I can confidently say there's no other band in active rock doing it better than these guys. The songwriting is so mature, and fresh. They set the bar for everyone to follow.

On 9/16/2017 at 4:10 PM, heldjc said:

Loving it, no sophomore slump here what so ever. Sounds a little bit different but I am totally fine with it: the experiments and electronic auto tune is well done in my opinion and used at the right times to make a unique sound. Fade in/fade out is emotional as hell like you all have said. I actually just moved back in with my dad for awhile who is starting to get up there in age so it really hit home for me as well. Can't pick other favorites yet but will totally be revisiting this a lot this weekend and come back and post some favorites.

Probably since this is their third album. 

33 minutes ago, TaNbULL said:

You know what he means...we all do.

50 minutes ago, TaNbULL said:

Actually it's their 5th.  I obtained a physical copy of Save You/Save Me from @Cliffo when he was still posting on here

I was thinking to myself "psh, y'all are being over dramatic about this 'Fade In/Fade Out' song; Nothing More is good and all, but they're not on the level of bands that make me cry or call my parents" 

*listens*

*starts crying harder than I have in years by the time of the first chorus*

*calls Dad at end of song with voice shaking to tell him I love him and appreciate everything he's done for me*