8. Particles
9. Get Better
10. Hell, Yeah
11. Afterlife
12. Reset Me
13. Number 13
14. Sorry (Acoustic)
15. Particles (Piano Version)

Gave this a listen today and have to say that I like it even more than their self-titled release. Some songs rock hard and some are more melodic. It's just overall done very well. One of the better albums I've heard this year and probably will end up in my Top 20 for AOTY or so. I'll have to listen to it some more to get used to what songs stand out, but I remember "I Was Just A Kid" is a terrific opener. "Amsterdam" should have been their official first single over "Sorry."

12 hours ago, American_Idiot said:

Gave this a listen today and have to say that I like it even more than their self-titled release. Some songs rock hard and some are more melodic. It's just overall done very well. One of the better albums I've heard this year and probably will end up in my Top 20 for AOTY or so. I'll have to listen to it some more to get used to what songs stand out, but I remember "I Was Just A Kid" is a terrific opener. "Amsterdam" should have been their official first single over "Sorry."

Particles is the gem of this to me. I dig the entire thing, but I don't know if it's better than the self-titled. Still a great album. 

Never heard of these guys before, or this album before, but "Amsterdam" came up on a random Google Music playlist, sounded good. Gonna have to give the whole thing a whirl. 

Just now, Koldes said:

Never heard of these guys before, or this album before, but "Amsterdam" came up on a random Google Music playlist, sounded good. Gonna have to give the whole thing a whirl. 

Definitely give their self-titled a spin. It's really good. 

Jk jk, of course! I'll check it out soon. I like their sound. It's like a harder style of rock, mixed in with some electronics, but then very soft OneRepublic style vocals (with a really cool scream style like in "OVER AND OVER" in Amsterdam). Interesting combo. 

That sound they make towards the end of 'Number 13' is so awesome.

Just realized who these guys remind me of, exactly. It's like One Republic and New Medicine had a baby.

15 hours ago, Green Baron said:

I do not hear New Medicine at all

Just in the tone of the vocalist, that's all The music isn't really like it at all.

That said, I like this band's music and instruments a lot. It's almost exactly what I've been looking for lately. But, the vocalist kind of brings it from an A+ to just a B+ for me. I do not like the falsetto stuff much, and he kind of slurs his words together, almost like he's not opening his mouth enough. Really good band and album, though. 

17 hours ago, Green Baron said:

Still, it's not one I'd make. New Medicine sounds like knockoff Zack de la Rocha, while NBT sounds more like Jeff Buckley

Maybe my sensitivities to tone are just more calibrated than yours. Don't feel bad. Haha