Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RainbowDragon

? for people who listen to metalcore

11 posts in this topic

Do you ever think you will "outgrow it ?" Meaning, do you think their will come a point in time in your life where you feel you are too "old" to listen to screaming vocals and wont be able to "relate" to it anymore ? Just doing a little survey. I realize you cant predict the future but just a guess here. I suppose this question isnt for people who are in their mid 20's or younger, its more for the creeping up on 30 and over 30 crowd.

I only listen to some of the really heavy shit and at home Im ok with listening to it but I feel kinda weird playing it in the car with someone else if they were there.

2 hours ago, RainbowDragon said:

I only listen to some of the really heavy shit and at home Im ok with listening to it but I feel kinda weird playing it in the car with someone else if they were there.

I can understand not playing certain things around people out of respect for them, but don't not do it because you're afraid they'll judge you for it. That's no way to live.

I don't imagine I'll "outgrow" it any time soon, though my tastes have shifted a bit. There are a lot of metalcore bands I only still listen to because I've been a fan of theirs for a while already and similar newer bands do nothing for me. And then I've been getting into like Converge and Every Time I Die and stuff, so that's a different vein of the genre entirely.

As for in the car, I'll only play that stuff if I have friends who I know are into the genre are with me. Like I was driving with a girl to see Banks last month, I'm not gonna be blasting Architects or something heh

I only brought up metalcore and not death or black or other extreme metal because I dont think anyone here listens to them and metalcore is kinda considered a youth oriented genre.

16 minutes ago, RainbowDragon said:

I only brought up metalcore and not death or black or other extreme metal because I dont think anyone here listens to them and metalcore is kinda considered a youth oriented genre.

tumblr_nkfynynwPw1tvqrj3o1_250.gif

I personally don't seek out newer metal core to listen to,  l'm content with bands that were putting out records when I was in my twenties.  Lamb of God, Shadows Fall, Killswitch Engage, Haste, Shadows Fall, etc.  

Most of the new stuff I listen to is hard rock, pop, alternative, and country.  There are certainly exceptions,  While She Sleeps and  Sylar being a couple of them. 

I didn't listen to metalcore growing up and so I'm just starting to get into it now in my mid-20s. I guess I've only appreciated it more as I've gotten older.