Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike

Destiny 2

4 posts in this topic

This review was all extremely positive. The only complaint they had was that you don't get a sparrow until you beat the game. They suggested in the review that this could be fixed with the day 1 update that is on the way although I wouldn't be surprised if this doesn't get fixed as maybe Bungie wants you to see everything the first time through without zipping through it on a vehicle.

I am so fucking pumped right now. I've tried to avoid thinking about this game too much over the past few weeks and months cause the waiting is excruciating when you let your anticipation get too great so I've kept busy playing other games but over the past few days, I've begun to get more and more excited and now my excitement level is the highest it's ever been. I'm avoiding playing at midnight tonight as I'll be going to bed early and starting work early tomorrow to get out out there at 12:30, race home, shower and I'll be on Destiny tomorrow at 1. Unfortunately because Bungie first announced the 8th as the release date, I put in for that on my vacation so I have to wait a few extra days before I'm on Destinycation. 

Very happy with the game so far. The graphics are beautiful, the story is significantly better anything in the first game, the gameplay is great as always and there are smart improvements to the menus. Really the only two improvements I wanted in gameplay were unlimited sprint and clambering up walls and now you can do both of those things.

So far I'm around level 8 or 9 with about 100 power. I'm on the second planet. Even though I'm not a big crucible guy, I think I'll like it in this game because it's 4v4 instead of the cluttered 6v6 of D1. I didn't play the beta but people who did said supers don't come back frequently which makes me think I'll enjoy crucible even more. I wasn't able to get into a game earlier today, though.

Thoughts after a week...

- The campaign was amazing. The characters are extremely memorable and the levels were massive and raid-like.

- The soundtrack is incredible, highlight by this beautiful song. The music in D1 and D2 have not suffered at all despite the loss of Marty O'Donnell.

- There are tons of things to do and they smartly stagger you unlocking this stuff so you frequently get new types of activities. I've probably played around 40 hours or so by now and I've just today reached the point where I kinda know what activities are still worth doing. I still plan on doing everything just to clear it off the map but raids, public events (which can drop exotic engrams) and nightfalls seem like the main activities to do once you get past 265 power. But even so, lost sectors are still fun and other things frequently give you tokens which can be used to rank up vendors to get legendary stuff so there are many more ways to get useful gear this time around.

- Consumable/tradeable items you gather have been streamlined significantly. It's not a mess of acquired items anymore and most of stuff you get has a use.

- I have no clue how mods work. I've seen weapons where you can switch the elemental damage but I have yet to see a single weapon yet where any of those other mods can be attached.

- Menus,maps, fast travel and all that stuff is greatly improved. 

- The few strikes I've done have been very fun. They feel like mini-raids and take close to 30 minutes to finish. I do wish you could select any strike whenever you want. As of now, you can only do them through a playlist.

- I do not like how the nightfalls have time limits. I have to run through like a chicken with my head cut off and be right in the middle of the action instead of playing smart and picking enemies off with a scout rifle. Having to rush through like that is not how I play and is causing me to die more often.

- I've only played a game or two of crucible but I like how it's a Halo 3-like 4v4 now.