1. 1. Who wins?

• Mcgregor
    • Mayweather
    • Pen hates PPV events
  2. 2. Who do you want to win?

• Mcgregor
    • Mayweather
    • Who cares

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

23 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, pen said:

I'll capitalize my foot in your ass.

I'm gonna call whatever cable company you work for and, in my best old person impression, complain about not knowing how to order the PPV. Just let me know what time your shift starts.

Not a surprise there. Conor over-exerted himself early on I feel and he was just out of it after the 8th round.

This was the most trouble I've ever had finding a steam. The FBI must've been working overtime tonight. Some guy had a camera set up in his house looking at the TV and I watched that for six rounds uninterrupted with no buffering at all. Then he dropped the camera and when he picked it up he shut the stream off for some reason. Then I found another stream for the final four rounds. So I really lucked out there. I saved $100. The second stream was on some site periscope and despite stupid comments blocking the screen and idiots liking the post which put us on the FBI radar, it lasted until the end.

I was very impressed with McGregor. He won the first two rounds and looked good for the first eight. He was gassed in the ninth and that's when I knew he was done. A UFC title fight is 25 minutes and McGregor didn't look tired until round 9 which was 24 minutes in. I'd like to see him continue to box and do MMA. He can get way more money in boxing so I'm sure he'd like to do that again. And 50-0 is perfect for Mayweather. Gets the all-time wins record, retires with a nice even 50 wins and added another few hundred million dollars to his bank account.

I ended up buying the fight and it was worth every penny. Props to Mayweather for actually fucking fighting for once and props to Conor for making him fight.

2 hours ago, Omar said:

I ended up buying the fight and it was worth every penny. Props to Mayweather for actually fucking fighting for once and props to Conor for making him fight.

You paid the $100? Sportsaccess servers were overloaded and not working for most of the undercard fights. Finally it was fixed for the last undercard and worked seamlessly the rest of the night. 

Reddit used to make streams really easy to find for stuff like UFC but like everything else on the internet that gets too popular, it  has been ruined. They had one sticky thread for the fight and they had rules about posting streams but I didn't see one stream even listed in the tons of comments in that thread. All I saw was stuff like where you could see it legally and stuff like the PPV being $100. Thanks for the informative information, reddit.

7 hours ago, revlongoo said:

You paid the $100? Sportsaccess servers were overloaded and not working for most of the undercard fights. Finally it was fixed for the last undercard and worked seamlessly the rest of the night. 

I ended up paying $40, got some family members to chip in. I'm definitely gonna look into Sportsaccess or other sites like it now that there's no time pressure. I'm gonna try it for the Carnelo fight and see how it goes. was it like great quality?

10 hours ago, Mike said:

This was the most trouble I've ever had finding a steam. The FBI must've been working overtime tonight. Some guy had a camera set up in his house looking at the TV and I watched that for six rounds uninterrupted with no buffering at all. Then he dropped the camera and when he picked it up he shut the stream off for some reason. Then I found another stream for the final four rounds. So I really lucked out there. I saved $100. The second stream was on some site periscope and despite stupid comments blocking the screen and idiots liking the post which put us on the FBI radar, it lasted until the end.

I was very impressed with McGregor. He won the first two rounds and looked good for the first eight. He was gassed in the ninth and that's when I knew he was done. A UFC title fight is 25 minutes and McGregor didn't look tired until round 9 which was 24 minutes in. I'd like to see him continue to box and do MMA. He can get way more money in boxing so I'm sure he'd like to do that again. And 50-0 is perfect for Mayweather. Gets the all-time wins record, retires with a nice even 50 wins and added another few hundred million dollars to his bank account.

A buddy of mine bought the fight, so I didn't have to use it, but periscope is my go to when I don't want to pay for a match. Just some advice Mike, those comments can be disabled on those feeds, you just have to swipe them right and it hides them. But anytime you're looking for a free stream of a fight go there.....I've never not been able to find a good stream.

27 minutes ago, Chris. said:

A buddy of mine bought the fight, so I didn't have to use it, but periscope is my go to when I don't want to pay for a match. Just some advice Mike, those comments can be disabled on those feeds, you just have to swipe them right and it hides them. But anytime you're looking for a free stream of a fight go there.....I've never not been able to find a good stream.

I figured there was probably a way to disable the comments and maybe even the annoying hearts but I didn't want to touch anything and mess up the stream once I finally got one working. I've never even heard of that site before so it was my first time using it and I was just happy to have a stream up and running.

Oh and Mauro Ranallo was awesome on play-by-play last night for the first six rounds I heard him. Unfortunately the second stream I had to watch were the Sky Sports British announcers and they were horrible, totally biased and firmly rooting against the evil outsider from the MMA world.

I really love boxing. I've said this before but I wish there was a UFC for boxing where all the big fighters were under one roof and good matchups could easily get made, PPV cards were solid from top to bottom and there weren't 500 meaningless belts from a dozen different promotions. Getting into boxing is like getting into comic books...like where the hell do you begin? It's impossible. I know NBC has done a few boxing specials with Bob Costas over the past few years and they have a WWE/UFC presentation which looks really nice but it's still tough to keep track of everything when there are so many fighters in so many promotions in so many weight classes all spaced out on different premium channels and PPV.

15 hours ago, Omar said:

I ended up paying $40, got some family members to chip in. I'm definitely gonna look into Sportsaccess or other sites like it now that there's no time pressure. I'm gonna try it for the Carnelo fight and see how it goes. was it like great quality?

There were several streams to choose from. I had 1080i in my room, but for some reason I could only get 720p for my dad. There were close to 20 different servers, along with the same amount of time zones to choose from.