Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike

WWE SummerSlam

54 posts in this topic

Just now, Nixon said:

Strowman is so goddamn dope 

I think next month it's Reigns vs. Joe and then a battle of epic proportions when my favorite active wrestler, the Monster Among Men, takes the title from Brock.

I know I've been critical of Brock in recent years but he has been killing it this year in his four matches. His Royal Rumble appearance and his matches against Goldberg, Joe and then tonight have been extremely exciting.

Other thoughts...

- The final two hours were a lot better than the first two.

- The tag match was technically the best match of the night but the main event was definitely my favorite. The best part of the tag match was Cesaro grabbing the beach ball.

- This was the first time I think I've actually watched a full Jinder Mahal match since he won the title and my god he is awful. No wonder why he was barely sweating after the match, Nakamura was doing all the work. That was the only match I picked wrong. I went 9-1 (I switched to Natalya before the show).

- If a team is in the Super Bowl the coaches are not going to try to get every player in the game just to be nice. And I feel like WWE should do the same thing. But with that said, the card was pretty good in terms of not cramming everyone onto the show. Orton/Rusev was this shows canceled match which seems to happen with one match at all of these big shows and the Balor/Wyatt match was the only other match that probably could've been removed from the show.

- Styles vs. Owens was really good. Not sure what's next for AJ. Corbin or Rusev maybe? Hopefully neither and it's AJ vs. Orton.