Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MU_BeastMode

Shinedown - Recording New Album

68 posts in this topic

Looking forward to hearing what they can do, but, honestly my hopes aren't too high. I'd love to be proven wrong and have them put out a killer album. 

2 hours ago, MU_BeastMode said:

Per Instagram...

and kind of surprised this is 2 days old and no one has posted yet.

They've been at it just a tad longer than this. This is the first time they're actively recording AND writing at the same time.

According to sources, Zach Myers has confirmed their upcoming album is finished and it's going to be "heavier" than TTS. We're getting closer.

Gave up on them after “amaryllis”. The worst thing I have ever heard. “The sound of madness” was extraordinary 

I don't think it'll take much to be heavier than the last album. 

I hope they remembered how to write a chorus again. There's a lot I didn't like about TTS but what got me most were the songs that just repeated the title over and over. 

4 hours ago, Relic said:

Gave up on them after “amaryllis”. The worst thing I have ever heard. “The sound of madness” was extraordinary 

Really?  I thought Amaryllis was fantastic.  I thought TTS was the big drop off for them.

57 minutes ago, BreakTheAgony87 said:

Really?  I thought Amaryllis was fantastic.  I thought TTS was the big drop off for them.

I find Amaryllis half good and half lackluster, while I find TTS pretty decent on the whole. Neither compares to their first three, but they're still pretty listenable.

Enjoyed Amaryllis minus a song or two, but really didn't care for Threat to Survival...first Shinedown album that I didn't purchase upon release, would love for this album to be more old school sounding. 

I've liked every album they've put out, but, probably a tiny bit less and less each album that's come out. 

I am extremely skeptical and willing to bet that it's not significantly "heavier" than the last. Feels like every single band says that.

All in all, I'm looking to see what they've got left. 

1. Leave a Whisper

2. Sound of Madness

3. Amaryllis

4. Us and Them

5. Threat to Survival.

U&T and Amaryllis are pretty much equal, depends on my mood. SOM would be close to LAW if I weren't so sick of the songs from hearing them on the radio back in the day, plus it was right around this time they turned pretty douchy. Threat to Survival would be really good if it was coming from another bands but they set the bar so high that it just comes off a super meh. I think my favorite song off that album is actually a b-side "Never Gonna Let Go". And of course LAW is one of the GOATs for me.

3 hours ago, Omar said:

1. Leave a Whisper

2. Sound of Madness

3. Amaryllis

4. Us and Them

5. Threat to Survival.

U&T and Amaryllis are pretty much equal, depends on my mood. SOM would be close to LAW if I weren't so sick of the songs from hearing them on the radio back in the day, plus it was right around this time they turned pretty douchy. Threat to Survival would be really good if it was coming from another bands but they set the bar so high that it just comes off a super meh. I think my favorite song off that album is actually a b-side "Never Gonna Let Go". And of course LAW is one of the GOATs for me.

I wish "Never Gonna Let Go" would've been on Amaryllis like it was supposed to be. I'd have gladly replaced "I'm Not Alright" with it.

1 hour ago, TaNbULL said:

I wish "Never Gonna Let Go" would've been on Amaryllis like it was supposed to be. I'd have gladly replaced "I'm Not Alright" with it.

Oh it was from those sessions? No wonder the vibe sounded different.

16 hours ago, Omar said:

Oh it was from those sessions? No wonder the vibe sounded different.

Yeah, it just didn't make the album for whatever reason.

On 1/9/2018 at 6:24 PM, pen said:

I find Amaryllis half good and half lackluster, while I find TTS pretty decent on the whole. Neither compares to their first three, but they're still pretty listenable.

These are also my same opinions on these albums. TTS seemed much more solid to me as a whole.

So they’ve been posting some teasers, and the URL of their site has “March 7th” in it, making everyone speculate a new single and album info coming tomorrow.

Something funny I’ve discovered though, is that they sent out some mail to random fans that has an address to somewhere in Philly with the date 2/27/18 on it. And below it is some instructions how how to Shazam a yellow exclamation point teaser they posted yesterday. Now the funny part is, a lot of bands have been doing this lately, sending out teasers and clues in the mail for their fans to decipher, and most do. But I scoured the internet and cannot find one person who did that, and it got me thinking, are Shinedown’s fans not sophisticated, deep thinkers as say a band like The Wonder Years who did the same thing? Or say Brand New who also did that? 

20 minutes ago, Chris. said:

Pretty good. Sounds like something off the last album still, but still anticipating the rest. 

Same here. Enjoyed it, but hoping for better, or at least different, on the rest of the album.