Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ruiner

Rick and Morty

24 posts in this topic

Figure we could use a place to talk about this now that it's back. 

SPOILERS AHEAD IN THIS THREAD

The Morty robot's brief breakthrough into self-awareness this last episode was maybe the funniest gag of the entire series. I've rewatched that one scene like ten times and I burst into laughter at least once every time. 

40 minutes ago, Ruiner said:

Figure we could use a place to talk about this now that it's back. 

SPOILERS AHEAD IN THIS THREAD

The Morty robot's brief breakthrough into self-awareness this last episode was maybe the funniest gag of the entire series. I've rewatched that one scene like ten times and I burst into laughter at least once every time. 

You wanna go run in a stream? 

8 hours ago, Ruiner said:

What the fuck?

I want to taste ice cream, but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat, but REALLY eat it!

16 minutes ago, Mike said:

Just stopping in to say that I have 16 episodes left of Breaking Bad and when I tragically get done with that I will be starting Luke Cage along with Rick and Morty.

Smart. Make sure you at least watch to the second episode. The first episode sucks, everything after is gravy. 

10 hours ago, Ruiner said:

Smart. Make sure you at least watch to the second episode. The first episode sucks, everything after is gravy. 

You couldn't be more wrong if you tried. First episode is great.

11 hours ago, Ruiner said:

The first episode is great. 

Look, at the very best, it's worst of the series other than maaaaaybe "Get Schwifty". If not for knowledge of the show's reputation and trust in Dan Harmon, I probably wouldn't have finished it and wrote it off as some over-the-top crude Adult Swim series.

It's possible I'm conflating my feelings for the Bojack Horseman pilot with it though, as that's another excellent animated adult series with a really underwhelming first episode. Only that episode legitimately does suck and that one I'm not conceding.

I haven't watched the first episode in a while but I recall it being pretty inoffensive, though certainly not up to the show's lofty standards.

The first episode I saw was Rick Potion #9 and that hooked me immediately.  Still one of my favorites.

Oh yeah that's definitely in my top five. 

I'd say... 

The Rickshank Redemption 

Rixty Minutes

The Wedding Squanchers

Look Who's Purging Now

Rick Potion #9

That's probably top five for me, in no order. Honorable mentions to Meeseeks and Destroy, M. Night Shaymaliens, Lawnmower Dog, The Ricks Must Be Crazy, and Auto Erotico Assimilation. Only episodes I'd call substandard are the pilot, Interdimensional Cable 2, and Get Schwifty. 

8 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Bitch I know you're not throwing Total Rickall under the bus like that.

I dunno, my memory is pretty hazy on it. I remember the premise but not much else about it. 

I'm surprised no one complained about him starting to watch Luke Cage. That's the first Marvel Netflix show that I couldn't get through. It was boring as hell and built up so slowly. 

19 minutes ago, Koldes said:

I'm surprised no one complained about him starting to watch Luke Cage. That's the first Marvel Netflix show that I couldn't get through. It was boring as hell and built up so slowly. 

The reason I'm watching it next is because I'll be done with Breaking Bad soon and I don't want to watch a potentially great show next because it will pale in comparison to Breaking Bad and I won't enjoy it as much. That's why I plan on watching some dumb superhero shows next because they're nothing like Breaking Bad and it will allow me some time to get BB out of my system before I start watching good stuff again.

Also, for the record, I have not been impressed with any footage of Luke Cage I've seen. The trailers consisted of Luke Cage beating people up with rap music playing in the background. There was nothing to it. If the first episode doesn't impress me, I'll move on to Iron Fist. I loved Daredevil season 1 so much (my #2 overall favorite superhero show/movie after The Dark Knight) that because of it I'll continue to give at least the first episode of each new Netflix Marvel show a chance for the time being. Although I hated Jessica Jones and didn't really like Daredevil season 2 much so my patience is quickly wearing thin. If Luke Cage, Iron Fist and The Defenders don't impress me, I'll probably be done with any Marvel shows not named Daredevil or The Punisher.

Hey yo pen, since I already brought it up, if you haven't seen it, you should check out Bojack. Knowing your tastes, I think you'd really dig it. As much as I love Rick and Morty, it's still second banana in my "brilliant adult animated series in the 2010s" power rankings for a reason. 

3 hours ago, Koldes said:

I didn't complain because I liked Luke Cage and thought it was excellent.

9 hours ago, Mike said:

The reason I'm watching it next is because I'll be done with Breaking Bad soon and I don't want to watch a potentially great show next because it will pale in comparison to Breaking Bad and I won't enjoy it as much. That's why I plan on watching some dumb superhero shows next because they're nothing like Breaking Bad and it will allow me some time to get BB out of my system before I start watching good stuff again.

Also, for the record, I have not been impressed with any footage of Luke Cage I've seen. The trailers consisted of Luke Cage beating people up with rap music playing in the background. There was nothing to it. If the first episode doesn't impress me, I'll move on to Iron Fist. I loved Daredevil season 1 so much (my #2 overall favorite superhero show/movie after The Dark Knight) that because of it I'll continue to give at least the first episode of each new Netflix Marvel show a chance for the time being. Although I hated Jessica Jones and didn't really like Daredevil season 2 much so my patience is quickly wearing thin. If Luke Cage, Iron Fist and The Defenders don't impress me, I'll probably be done with any Marvel shows not named Daredevil or The Punisher.

Without making this political or emotional... let me say this - knowing your preferred preference on the type of culture that you enjoy and relate to, I have a feeling that you won't be able to get through 4 episodes. Let me know if I'm wrong. :)

2 hours ago, Koldes said:

Without making this political or emotional... let me say this - knowing your preferred preference on the type of culture that you enjoy and relate to, I have a feeling that you won't be able to get through 4 episodes. Let me know if I'm wrong. :)

The show starring a bunch of black people has absolutely nothing to do with me not thinking it looks good. Black Panther is one of my most anticipated superhero movies and that stars all black people. Snowfall looks like a pretty good show and I have all the episodes on my DVR ready to go when it's over and I've openly mentioned more than once that I regretted not recording Atlanta when it's on and I will get around to seeing it. Try again.

4 hours ago, Mike said:

The show starring a bunch of black people has absolutely nothing to do with me not thinking it looks good. Black Panther is one of my most anticipated superhero movies and that stars all black people. Snowfall looks like a pretty good show and I have all the episodes on my DVR ready to go when it's over and I've openly mentioned more than once that I regretted not recording Atlanta when it's on and I will get around to seeing it. Try again.

Ah, the ole "I have a black friend" defense. Got it. :) On a serious, non sarcastic note, I'm curious what you have to say about it. Definitely get at least into the 2nd episode before giving up, as almost all of their stuff is a slow burn, including the ones you like in Daredevil. 

3 hours ago, Koldes said:

Ah, the ole "I have a black friend" defense. Got it.

You were saying that my apparent hatred for black people would prevent me from liking a show with black people so I was simply pointing out that I've enjoyed plenty of shows and movies with black people. In fact, two of my top 5 favorite actors are black...not like I owe you an explanation. Also, when you say something insulting and add a smiley at the end, it's really fucking annoying.