Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Andrew

Help me create the ULTIMATE TUNELAB PLAYLIST

63 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Tilley said:

That's a lot of music.  Is that the max number of songs allowed?  I know that Google Play caps it off at 1000, wasn't sure about Spotify. 

We're still adding so apparently not!  Who knows if a cap exists at all.

8 minutes ago, Andrew said:

We're still adding so apparently not!  Who knows if a cap exists at all.

That's good news cause I still haven't gotten around to contributing. I still have plans to do so.

17 hours ago, Tilley said:

That's a lot of music.  Is that the max number of songs allowed?  I know that Google Play caps it off at 1000, wasn't sure about Spotify. 

Spotify caps it at 10,000 songs per playlist. I have around 19,000 in my library, so when I just want to just shuffle it all, i alternate between two huge playlists.

Well its debatable if Soilwork belongs but since you are friends with those guys I see why you wanted to add them. Even if an act didnt have a "radio friendly" sound at the time you can still make a case for them. Any of the old Ozzfest bands (like Soilwork) can be added since that was such a huge festival so you get mainstream exposure despite not having a mainstream sound. I think Porcupine Tree is also debatable but I myself added some "prog acts" so I cant really complain about it.

6 hours ago, Jamie said:

I added a bunch of stuff last week. Hopefully I was well-behaved and added the right sort of stuff. ;) 

I've found your name behind a few gems I heard. Been very pleased with your contributions :)

Btw, Im not adding any metalcore or post hardcore. I just dont think it 'fits.' For example, I thought about adding something from that Poison the Well album I really liked but I decide to stick to hard rock/active rock & alternative for the most part. Someone added Killswitch Engage for example and thats fine, its a great record but Ill just let other people add the really heavy stuff.

Its also fun to see which albums are on Spotify and which ones arent. Ive been surprised that some very lesser known stuff is on there. On the other hand, some more well known stuff like that Sunset Black album isnt on there which surprised me. Also that second Kittie album isnt on there for some reason.

I really would like to download this and listen to it while I'm driving, but I don't subscribe to Spotify.  I just can't see leaving Google Play Music.