Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Andrew

Help me create the ULTIMATE TUNELAB PLAYLIST

67 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Paul said:

I don't get why people wouldn't pay for Spotify....such a good investment.

I use Googleplay music. 

6 hours ago, Paul said:

I don't get why people wouldn't pay for Spotify....such a good investment.

Google Play comes with YouTube Red (no ads).

15 hours ago, Andrew said:

Maybe @Eitan Levine can shed some light on it

What i did:

1. I followed the playlist and then it appeared on the playlist sidebar

2. I dragged songs into that playlist

That's pretty much it

I'll probably add to this later today or tomorrow. A little disappointed that we're excluding both the 90s and the last seven or so years. I understand a little exclusion but those are two huge eras of rock with a big impact on this community so I'm a little unclear on why we're excluding them.

I have paid for it in the past, just not currently. Like I said, the problem for me is the app and web player are not the same thing and if you use the web player more its inferior to the app. They cant find a way to make them both exactly the same then its a ripoff IMO. I just gave 1 example how I can only add to the playlist on the app and not if Im using the web player. I cant alphabetize my songs on the web player either and on the app they automatically alphabetize. On the other hand shuffle is better on the web player than the app. Arrghhhh,

Cool idea Andrew. I'll try to add some stuff over the next few days. Will be nice to have a good playlist to throw on.

3 hours ago, pen said:

I'll probably add to this later today or tomorrow. A little disappointed that we're excluding both the 90s and the last seven or so years. I understand a little exclusion but those are two huge eras of rock with a big impact on this community so I'm a little unclear on why we're excluding them.

Because @Mike first declared the forum dead seven years ago obviously.

4 hours ago, pen said:

Re: The 90's, because I am by and large tired of THE CLASSICS.  Isn't a rock radio station alive where you can listen to the rock of the 2000's without also getting liberal sprinkles of "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and "Killing in the Name."  I wanted this station to be a tribute to the "Tunelab Era," not just the music we all love, or frankly we could open it up further and further back.

This board was founded in the name of newer bands and that's what brought most of us here.  I think we've all told our stories of how we got to Tunelab, whether it be from reviews of Evans Blue or Hurt or Janus or whoever.  I want us all remembering that and not getting dragged through the same nineties repeats I'm sure a lot of us are tired of hearing on the radio.  I want this to be a fresh playlist that has no peer.

Re: 2011-2017, I just wanted a stopping point at some point because I also want nostalgia to play a decent part in putting together the playlist.  As time goes on I can see opening up a few more years in that block, I just wanted to contain it to a pretty precise period for the moment.

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Re: The 90's, because I am by and large tired of THE CLASSICS.  Isn't a rock radio station alive where you can listen to the rock of the 2000's without also getting liberal sprinkles of "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and "Killing in the Name."  I wanted this station to be a tribute to the "Tunelab Era," not just the music we all love, or frankly we could open it up further and further back.

This board was founded in the name of newer bands and that's what brought most of us here.  I think we've all told our stories of how we got to Tunelab, whether it be from reviews of Evans Blue or Hurt or Janus or whoever.  I want us all remembering that and not getting dragged through the same nineties repeats I'm sure a lot of us are tired of hearing on the radio.  I want this to be a fresh playlist that has no peer.

Re: 2011-2017, I just wanted a stopping point at some point because I also want nostalgia to play a decent part in putting together the playlist.  As time goes on I can see opening up a few more years in that block, I just wanted to contain it to a pretty precise period for the moment.

Fair points, but I also have to point out that excluding the 90s means that we can't include items like Sevendust's first album in this playlist either. It's kind of a win some, you lose some, sort of deal.

28 minutes ago, pen said:

Fair points, but I also have to point out that excluding the 90s means that we can't include items like Sevendust's first album in this playlist either. It's kind of a win some, you lose some, sort of deal.

I realize that, we also lose early works from guys like Staind and Korn (and two of my all-timers, OLP and Incubus).  That said there is also plenty to pick from on their latter albums to represent them.

Am the the only person who when they hear the words Ultimate Tunelab Playlist, the first thing that comes to mind is Wind Up Records lol ? Also the Daredevil, Punisher and Elektra soundtracks also done by Wind Up I believe.

3 minutes ago, RainbowDragon said:

Am the the only person who when they hear the words Ultimate Tunelab Playlist, the first thing that comes to mind is Wind Up Records lol ? Also the Daredevil, Punisher and Elektra soundtracks also done by Wind Up I believe.

It's not an unreasonable thought. For a good portion of the 00s, Wind-Up was a significant post-grunge label with some fringe dips in pop-punk, alt-metal, and pop rock. Certainly many bands from that time period will end up on this playlist, I'm sure.

Pro Spotify tip:

1. Right click the playlist

2. Choose "Go to playlist radio"

You get a new playlist that updates itself while you listen made of tracks with songs and more similar songs based on the original playlist.

Your'e welcome

I have a suggestion. How about deleting the songs from acts that have never been discussed on this forum ? I guess you could run into the problem of using search and it not coming up even though it has been discussed but I thought it might be a good way to keep the list from getting too massive.

19 minutes ago, RainbowDragon said:

I have a suggestion. How about deleting the songs from acts that have never been discussed on this forum ? I guess you could run into the problem of using search and it not coming up even though it has been discussed but I thought it might be a good way to keep the list from getting too massive.

Nah

I had fun contributing. I added songs from 2000-10 only just like the rules said. Btw, if you dont know the Sickshot record you should check it out. The guitar player would eventually go on to join Daughtry and I believe hes still there. Underrated record from '06 that sadly went unnoticed.

I listened to this at work yesterday (and will probably do so again today) and loved it. Took me back to watching music videos on Fuse after school and downloading stuff on Limewire.

I don't Spotify but here are a few I feel like are good additions.

Crosses - The Epilogue
Starset - My Demons
Nothing More - This Is The Time (Ballast)
Fair To Midland - Dance of the Manatee
Like A Storm - Love the Way You Hate Me
Saint Asonia - Live My Life
Thousand Foot Crutch - Fire It Up
Richy Nix - In My Head

Just put us at 1000 songs and 64 hours of music.

Been listening to this all week and it's totally scratched the itch I was looking for.  Can't recommend this enough.  Thanks to everyone who's chipped in.

Not gonna lie I wasn't able too get a lot of what I was thinking into the playlist, but this has been awesome to listen to!

50 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Just put us at 1000 songs and 64 hours of music.

That's a lot of music.  Is that the max number of songs allowed?  I know that Google Play caps it off at 1000, wasn't sure about Spotify.