Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Andrew

Help me create the ULTIMATE TUNELAB PLAYLIST

66 posts in this topic

Guys I've had it with not having a good place to find that music we all knew and loved for so long, so I've taken matters into my own hands.  I'm gonna slowly start putting together a playlist featuring all of the shit we listened to that brought us here.  I want the hits, from guys like Three Days Grace, Shinedown, or Staind, but I also want the deep cuts from those bands only we ever knew about.  I want Janus, I want Deepfield, I want Joan Red, I want Dry Cell.

That's where you dudes come in.

I got started on this tonight but I don't know all of the tunes we need and neither do any of you.  But together, TOGETHER MY FRIENDS, we can make the ultimate collection of the music we loved for ten years.  All of the hard rock, the pop punk, the alternative.

Couple ground rules, just to make sure we don't make it too lopsided.

• For now, let's stick to stuff from 2000-2010
  • No more than 5 or 6 songs per band to start, see what's been added from that band before you go contributing
  • Don't delete anyone's choices: I'll do a little clean-up here and there in case someone decides to add an entire album, or some Kanye West, but mostly, just let people contribute what they think belongs.  I want this to be EVERYONE'S Tunelab Time Capsule.
  • Have some fun.  Add the singles you never get tired of, or those obscure late-album tracks that no one but you knows.

I've never made a collaborative playlist before so I hope this works.  If not, I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.  Give me a hand, y'all, let's make this thing great.  I got started tonight just browsing through my library but there's a lot more work to be done.

Since you've got some free time, you could check out this little thing called Music Madness I've got going on right now. It could use your vote.

So for Janus you have If I Were You. I would probably add Eyesore to the list as well. Adelitas Way you have Invincible, I think Sick has to be added as well. Nonpoint is a must add, maybe What a Day, In the Air Tonight, Alive and Kicking, and Bullet with a Name.

Dark New Day is a must add. Brother, which was the big single/hit if you can call it that lol. For Crossfade I might replace Invincible with Cold, bigger hit and more well know, I dont think a band like that needs more than 1 song.

For Out Lady Peace you have to add Somewhere Out there since it fits within your year bracket. Add Rise Above This for Seether. TrustCompany, you have to have Downfall, thats a no brainer.

30 Seconds to mars you need to add The Kill.

Headstrong by Trapt.

10 Years - Wasteland

Audioslave - Like a Stone

Finger Eleven - One Thing, Paralyzer

Bush - The people that we Love

Godsmack - Awake, Straight out of Line

Headstrong - Swing harder (temper temper)

Momento - Nothing Sacred

Flyleaf - Im so Sick, Fully Alive

Livintrust - We are In

Under the Flood - In Vain

Media Lab - My Perfect Storm

Mercy Fall - I got Life

Mr. North - Speak No Evil

DoubleDrive - Imprint

Outspoken - Bitter Shovel

POD -Youth of the Nation, Alive, Boom, Sattelite

Blindside - Pittiful

Rains - Hurricane

Saliva - Your Disease, Click Click Boom,.Always, Rest In Pieces, Ladies and Gentlemen

Slaves to Gravity - Meantime, Mr Regulator

Sloth - Someday

Breaking Point - One of a Kind

Socialburn - Down

Cinder - Soul Creation

Soil - Halo

Static X - Black and White, Cold, The Only,

Strata - The Panic, I will Breath Fire

Sugar Red Drive - One More Time

Tantric - Breakdown, Hey Now, Down and Out

32 Leaves - All Is Numb

5 minutes ago, Eitan Levine said:

Added some stuff in, gonna add some more later on

Great picks there, Seven Channels is exactly one of those hidden gem bands I was hoping this project would help me remember :D

DD I'm gonna add some of your suggestions at my discretion when I get some free time.

I'm really of no use to this deal here, but it's a great idea that I applaud, and wouldn't mind seeing more group playlist-projects in the future. 

Not sure how you add to this, I don't use Spotify. 

Union Underground- South Texas Deathride

Flaw- My Letter

Hypnogaja- Misery

Rains-Pressure

American Head Charge- Seamless

Endeverafter-Poison

Haste- Stutter

From Zero- The Other Side

Hatebreed- I Will Be Heard

Hazen St- Written 

Lamb of God- Vigil

Mushroomhead- Sun Doesn't Rise

Shadows Fall- Destroyer of Senses 

Skrape- Kill Control

Soilwork- Black Star Deceiver

Staind- Just Go

Taproot- Poem

40 Below Summer- Wither Away

Thornley- So Far So Good

Staind - Just Go is from 99. This list starts at 2000 so start with Break the Cycle songs. Not to nitpick but you got a lot of non "tunelab' bands on there. Too much "metal." Thornley and Taproot are must adds tho.

18 minutes ago, RainbowDragon said:

Wait, are people adding to the playlist directly ? Do they know your account password or something ?

It's a collaborative playlist.  Anyone with a Spotify account should be able to add to it.  Eitan seems to have been doing so with no problems.

1 minute ago, RainbowDragon said:

I wasnt able to add to it. Do you know how to rearrange it in alphabeltical order ?

Just click on Artist, or Title or Album, whichever column you want alphabetized.

Not sure why you wouldn't be able to add to it, as I've never done this before.

Also just general notes, I went through and added every Alternative Rock Number 1 from the decade in question.  Mainstream Rock Number 1's are on the way.  Also added most of Tilley and DD's requests.

Patch 1.4: Added all Mainstream Rock Number 1's.  This puts us over the 6 song mark with a few artists but they're big and influential enough that we can make that space for them.  Feel free to still add a deep cut or two for those bands if you like, don't think anyone's gonna have an issue if we have 10 Linkin Park or Incubus songs in this thing.

For more more obscure bands the single makes more sense than the deep cut, right ? Thats what Ive been picking, the singles. Deep cuts for bigger bands you mean ?

Just now, RainbowDragon said:

For more more obscure bands the single makes more sense than the deep cut, right ? Thats what Ive been picking, the singles. Deep cuts for bigger bands you mean ?

Singles or deep cuts, doesn't matter to me my man.  I just want this playlist to be full of memories.  If you wanna add a b-side from an already super obscure post-grunge band, you do you.  I definitely made a few personal choices in my initial round of picks, and will continue to do so as the playlist grows.

5 minutes ago, RainbowDragon said:

When I want to add a song, it makes me create a new playlist. Thats why I cant figure out how to get it on the TL playlist.

Maybe @Eitan Levine can shed some light on it

Maybe he has the premium version which I dont have at the moment. When I search a song and want to add it, i cant add it to yours I can only make a new PL on my account. Must be a premium feature or something,

17 minutes ago, RainbowDragon said:

Maybe he has the premium version which I dont have at the moment. When I search a song and want to add it, i cant add it to yours I can only make a new PL on my account. Must be a premium feature or something,

I found something that says you have to be following the playlist to add to it.  Did you click to follow it?

1 hour ago, RainbowDragon said:

Staind - Just Go is from 99. This list starts at 2000 so start with Break the Cycle songs. Not to nitpick but you got a lot of non "tunelab' bands on there. Too much "metal." Thornley and Taproot are must adds tho.

How about Home?  It was charting as a single in 2000. 

I don't get why people wouldn't pay for Spotify....such a good investment.

Anyways I started to add some stuff...I'm out to Vegas tomorrow night, but I'm definitely following this and hope more people get on board.

1 hour ago, Paul said:

I don't get why people wouldn't pay for Spotify....such a good investment.

Anyways I started to add some stuff...I'm out to Vegas tomorrow night, but I'm definitely following this and hope more people get on board.

Ran into two of yours on the way home!  Was a pleasant surprise.