Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris.

RIP Chester Bennington

138 posts in this topic

For a little while there wasn't a day that went by where I didn't at least tear up a bit over Chester. Then I was doing a little better and made it through a couple days. I just realized that recently I made it through the whole day and hadn't thought about him once in that day. Kind of happy that I didn't, but also kind of sad that I'm already starting to move on and forget it. Kind of torn.

"One More Light" came on randomly on my playlist...I hate that he helped write such an emotional song.

I had to do something to say goodbye to Chester Bennington in my own way. Not looking for any accolades or attention (hence the backlight). Just felt the need to make something for HIM. #RipChester Ps- if you share this plz strip any references to myself. Thank u ahead of time.

Posted by Jeff Gutt on Thursday, August 10, 2017

This isn't conclusive, but it seems like a pretty damn strong signal that they're going to continue making music.

Posted yesterday 8/22/17

Just wanted to say thank you to all our fans around the world for the tremendous outpouring of love, which has strengthened our spirit during this incredibly difficult time.

The five of us are so grateful for all of your support as we heal and build the future of Linkin Park.

We are working on a special public event in Los Angeles to honor Chester's memory, and look forward to sharing details with you soon.

Peace and love,

Phoenix and Linkin Park

The "build the future of LP" really makes it seem like they're going to continue making music. 

http://www.theprp.com/2017/10/03/news/linkin-park-officially-cancel-japanese-tour/

I find this article and the accompanying statement interesting, because it seems to be the first time I'm aware of that Linkin Park has made any kind of statement directly suggesting a future for them.

The fact that they waited this long to cancel because they were still hoping to play and the fact that they specifically state that they're still trying to work toward stepping on stage together without Chester gives me hope that one day we'll see Linkin Park again in some form or another.