Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris.

RIP Chester Bennington

129 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, BreakTheAgony87 said:

LP was mostly about music for those who were lost or who felt out of place with the world.

The reason behind that was Chester's unabridged and uncensored telling of his own truth.  

I never looked at them in quite the deepest, darkest way that Chester wrote his lyrics, but it was always there.  

Also not sure why you quoted me with this response as it doesn't seem linked to anything I said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't want them to continue making music or touring as LP. It's a chapter that has been closed, in my eyes. Mike can go back to Fort Minor and focus on rapping and singing like Invisible/Sorry For Now without the name Linkin Park.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Koldes said:

I don't want them to continue making music or touring as LP. It's a chapter that has been closed, in my eyes. Mike can go back to Fort Minor and focus on rapping and singing like Invisible/Sorry For Now without the name Linkin Park.

The problem with this is how unfair it would be to the band to deny them the chance to continue. Why should their careers and overall goals be disrupted because of Chester?

That being said, I can equally see them hanging it up out of respect or just with it being too hard to continue. Frankly though, I'm more in the camp of them rising past this and continuing on. I mean, would Chester have wanted them to quit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was so shocked to hear the news about the death of Chester.. but my mind just closed it down quickly and i moved on.  Last night i stumbled on a random news article about his death, and i went to see the old Linkin Park music videos.. and it just.. hit hard. I grew up listening to Linkin Park daily and driving my mom insane.. i think i heard "In The End" 100 times a day :D haha..

Anyways, it really hit hard last night, and i was watching old linkin park videos and couldn't sleep. He really meant alot to me, and obviously also the others members too.. but damn, Linkin Park was my way of tackling my teen years :( I can't stand the thought about his band members and family etc.. just thinking about the other band members and their experiences.. something that only a few gets, and now he is ripped out of their life in an instant :(

This song just fills my mind with memories..

R.I.P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even though Linkin Park has been past their prime for years, I think they should just break up instead of getting a new singer and being a shell of what they were. Mike is a pretty good singer but he'd probably pass out having to rap verses and then sing choruses for an entire concert and it would be bad for him to be the only vocalist because it would be goofy as all hell to have him singing Chester's parts on songs and as Pen said, there is singing and rapping at the same time so he couldn't do both. I'd just like them to retire, let their legacy speak for itself and move on to other stuff. I'd be fine with Mike doing Fort Minor and I'd be fine with them even staying together but as a new band and not Linkin Park.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mike said:

Even though Linkin Park has been past their prime for years

Immensely debatable but for another place and time.

1 minute ago, Mike said:

I'd be fine with them even staying together but as a new band and not Linkin Park.

Personally I'm fine with whatever they decide to do as it's their decision and their careers. I feel we probably won't get a firm idea of what their future holds for a long time yet though. I do however feel that if they choose to stay together and continue as a band, I'm almost certain they won't change the name because that would be discarding the years of cachet they've built up under that brand. I could very well be wrong as this is a complicated situation that's very emotionally charged and it's hard to know what the best path of action would be, but I just have a hunch that Linkin Park will move forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure there will ever be Linkin Park music again but I can see the band staying together and maybe picking up a new vocalist under a new name.  Could be a No Devotion type situation though obviously the circumstances regarding the loss of the singers is pretty different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've read several posts...they will continue doing what they love..they will not abandon the name. 

I listened to all the cds ina row today. I will alway miss Chester, I'm very saddened by his actions, but understand that we all have a reason for our choices. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Andrew said:

I'm not sure there will ever be Linkin Park music again

Not to press my perspective, but I'm curious why you don't think they'll continue the name. Certainly there are several examples of bands that have continued on after the death of a band member, vocalist included. I'm not saying they will keep the name, it's equally likely they won't, but I'm curious why you seem to favor one side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, NinjaNick101 said:

 

It makes it so much worse knowing how self-aware he was of his situation and even with that, he still ended it anyway. Absolutely tragic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, pen said:

Not to press my perspective, but I'm curious why you don't think they'll continue the name. Certainly there are several examples of bands that have continued on after the death of a band member, vocalist included. I'm not saying they will keep the name, it's equally likely they won't, but I'm curious why you seem to favor one side.

Like Stone Temple Pilots with Chester. Alice in Chains, Drowning Pool, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can see arguments for and against keeping the band going, On one hand, while I've seen a lot of people posting lyrics to show how fucked up Chester has been for a long time the reality is if you look up who actually wrote the songs it's actually Mike who writes most of the lyrics/music so I have no doubt they'll be able to keep replicating the vibe and the sound. On the other hand Chester's voice is very very very unique so it'll be hard to continue with a new guy without sounding very watered down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Omar said:

the reality is if you look up who actually wrote the songs it's actually Mike who writes most of the lyrics/music 

This is interesting because they've been taking such a different direction lately, and Chester recently had that episode where he lashed out at fans of the "old" music. I wonder if that had anything to do with not wanting to sing such angst-ridden and emotional lyrics. I honestly haven't heard their more recent stuff, but is it more positive in nature?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vigo said:

I honestly haven't heard their more recent stuff, but is it more positive in nature?

Frankly no more or less than anything from A Thousand Suns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, pen said:

Not to press my perspective, but I'm curious why you don't think they'll continue the name. Certainly there are several examples of bands that have continued on after the death of a band member, vocalist included. I'm not saying they will keep the name, it's equally likely they won't, but I'm curious why you seem to favor one side.

I think it's just because LP is one of those few bands that's been the same group of guys for the entire ride.  It's been the same six guys for 19 years which is almost unheard of in any significant band.  Replacing any member at all has just never been a part of the Linkin Park equation so to me, moreso than usual, it just feels against the spirit of that band to go on with a different person in a significant role.

Obviously they have a better perspective on that then I do and I support whichever route they choose to go, but I just feel like it would be more fitting to close the book on Linkin Park now and if the guys wanna stay together to get a new project going.  Though I know that carries a lot of risk and if they wanna stay firmly mainstream that remaining "Linkin Park" is the way to go, so again, their call entirely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about the fact that his wife and kids are used to a luxury lifestyle so what happens with that now? They mentioned he just bought his house a few months ago so its probably not close to being payed off, I guess the family has to move eventually and down size idk how that works. Thats gotta be hard for them on top of the tragedy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Andrew said:

I think it's just because LP is one of those few bands that's been the same group of guys for the entire ride.  It's been the same six guys for 19 years which is almost unheard of in any significant band.  Replacing any member at all has just never been a part of the Linkin Park equation so to me, moreso than usual, it just feels against the spirit of that band to go on with a different person in a significant role.

Obviously they have a better perspective on that then I do and I support whichever route they choose to go, but I just feel like it would be more fitting to close the book on Linkin Park now and if the guys wanna stay together to get a new project going.  Though I know that carries a lot of risk and if they wanna stay firmly mainstream that remaining "Linkin Park" is the way to go, so again, their call entirely.

Yep totally agree. Linkin Park with a new singer are Linkin Park* and not Linkin Park. It would be weird for them to have a new member after all this time. This band has a treasure trove of b-sides and I hope they continue to release new LPU albums but I want them to change the name if they get a new singer and decide to stay together as a band.

4 hours ago, RainbowDragon said:

What about the fact that his wife and kids are used to a luxury lifestyle so what happens with that now? They mentioned he just bought his house a few months ago so its probably not close to being payed off, I guess the family has to move eventually and down size idk how that works. Thats gotta be hard for them on top of the tragedy.

We'll he's worth $30 million so I think they'll be fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fairly certain this hasn't been shared yet and my apologies if it has. Either way, someone edited together multiple videos from LP's and subsequently Chester's last show in Birmingham, England. It's the full concert so if you have a couple hours to kill it's very much worth a listen.

Whoever did this put together a seemless video and the audio quality is great for a YouTube amateur recording. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RainbowDragon said:

Im kinda surprised Coldplay can fill NFL stadiums. I mean I know they are huge but they dont have that 'stadium rock' sound.

They absolutely do. Especially on later material. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/26/2017 at 0:47 PM, RainbowDragon said:

What about the fact that his wife and kids are used to a luxury lifestyle so what happens with that now? They mentioned he just bought his house a few months ago so its probably not close to being payed off, I guess the family has to move eventually and down size idk how that works. Thats gotta be hard for them on top of the tragedy.

There are these newfangled things called wills. I'm sure he had one in place with his wife and kids as beneficiaries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.