Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris.

RIP Chester Bennington

129 posts in this topic

Holy fuck... this is maybe more shocking than Chris. I was wondering if he was going through some shit back when he was lashing out at people about the last album, but didn't think it would go to any extremes or anything. But anyways, LP and Chester got me through some tough times in h.s. I remember hearing "Crawling" I think just before even the album hit and picked up HT right away.

The other sites seem to just be quoting TMZ. Until this is confirmed, I'm skeptical. Only cause I don't want to believe it. It makes no sense. 

This video just came out two hours ago. And all the parallels between Cornell seem like they're not a coincidental.

21 minutes ago, pen said:

It makes no sense. 

Yeah it makes no sense but he has had drug and alcohol problems in the past not to mention all the prescription drugs he might have been on. Could have not been in the right frame of mind.

My...heart... hurts.

I might leave work. 

I am crushed. 

My favorite singer of all time from my favorite band of all time.

No.

This happened on what would have been Chris Cornell's 53rd birthday. There's really no other way to cut this. This is horrible. This is a nightmare. 

Just now, Cfw828 said:

This happened on what would have been Chris Cornell's 53rd birthday. There's really no other way to cut this. This is horrible. This is a nightmare. 

Cornell did it on Chester's birthday, now vice versa. Argh.

I’m dancing with my demons
I’m hanging off the edge
Storm clouds gather beneath me
Waves break above my head
At first hallucination
I wanna fall wide awake now
You tell me it’s alright
Tell me I’m forgiven
Tonight
But nobody can save me now
I’m holding up a light
Chasing up the darkness inside
'Cause nobody can save me

9 minutes ago, Koldes said:

Cornell did it on Chester's birthday, now vice versa. Argh.

Chester was born on March 20, Chris died on May 18. I looked it up because that would be a crushing twist of fate if the dates aligned.

1 minute ago, Green Baron said:

Chester was born on March 20, Chris died on May 18. I looked it up because that would be a crushing twist of fate if the dates aligned.

Thanks for the correction. I guess I should have double checked that 'fact'. Sadness has overtaken my judgement I suppose.

I said this in the One More Light thread a couple months back:

10 minutes ago, Koldes said:

Well, the verdict is in. I'm just a LP/Chester fanboy and they could record themselves singing on the toilet and I'd still find it good

Now I am having a really hard time even listening to Chester's voice singing some of my favorite songs. It's selfish of me to say this, I get it, but at least temporarily this has completely destroyed their music for me. Argh. No.