Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MU_BeastMode

Story of the Year - New Album 2017.

17 posts in this topic

We saw SOTY at a local benefit concert for a close friend of theirs who was recently diagnosed with Breast Cancer and straight from Dan Marsala's mouth, "the album is being mastered this very second." Single to come soon, July or August and album by the end of the year. These guys went the pledge music route late last year ans everything seems to be wrapping up. They played two new songs at the acoustic show, "Can Anybody Hear Me" which Dan suggested is a strong possibility for the lead single and another song "I Swear I'm Ok." Based on the acoustic sound of the two songs this album might be a standout for the back half of 2017. Keep your ears open. 

Sounds awesome!  I almost made it to their last STL show but had to bow out after decided I'm spending too much on concerts/travel right now.

On 7/11/2017 at 11:12 PM, Kalt said:

Sounds awesome!  I almost made it to their last STL show but had to bow out after decided I'm spending too much on concerts/travel right now.

Such dirty words, sir! ;)

This news is fantastic to hear. It's been a VERY long time coming, but the positive comments there really have me pumped to hear this. New single soon I hope!

Found this on YouTube, a live private performance of "Can Anybody Hear Me?"

Because it seems like this board has died down significantly.  I'll post some updates

And some absolute fucking gems on this teaser

"Bang Bang" is going to be the lead single according to their PledgeMusic page.  If you pre-ordered the album you can get that song as an instant grat download but I haven't been able to find it on the interwebz yet.

This is gonna be an EPIC, EPIC album!

Yeah I've been trolling their social media waiting for something to hit Apple Music after they've fulfilled pledgemusic obligations. Just. Patiently. Waiting...

That teaser sounds sick. This could be my AOTY for sure from the sounds of it.

EDIT: Just found a download for "Bang Bang"! Can't wait to hear it.

EDIT2: It's friggin' awesome!

I found a D/L for it too...it's EPIC!

It sounds a lot like the Page Avenue / ITWOD stuff which is fantastic!

Damn those last two posts have got me so incredibly excited. I have to find a link for that song. If it sounds like a mixture of those two albums material, it could possibly be my AOTY as well.

15 minutes ago, American_Idiot said:

Damn those last two posts have got me so incredibly excited. I have to find a link for that song. If it sounds like a mixture of those two albums material, it could possibly be my AOTY as well.

The song in the second teaser video is "Bang Bang"  

22 minutes ago, BreakTheAgony87 said:

The song in the second teaser video is "Bang Bang"  

Thanks! That was fantastic! It's so good to hear new stuff from these guys again. Even if it was half of the song.

This has been so long overdue!! Cannot wait for this! Saw them here in Cincinnati on one of their last tours and it was just as good as I expected.

Bang Bang! (Full Version) it's been up and down off YouTube and I'm sure it will be since I believe some of the pledgemusic perks were early releases. There's some rough versions of "Can Anybody Hear Me" sprinkled about too.