Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pen

Sevendust + Rise Records = Profit!

44 posts in this topic

Just heard the single on Octane. Pretty good, sounds better than a lot of Kill the Flaw. I’m surprised they still haven’t released this officially yet. 

4W5XqNS.jpg

1. Dirty
2. God Bites His Tongue
3. Medicated
4. Unforgiven
5. Sickness
6. Cheers
7. Risen
8. Moments
9. Not Original
10. Descend
11. Life Deceives You
12. The Truth

5 hours ago, Keystone said:

Oh wow, Dirty is the opener. Doesn't really feel like it. Sevendust's openers are usually... bigger?

Sounds pretty big to me. I'm digging it bunches.

Man I actually think this is their best lead single that i have heard in awhile! It has a little bit of everything that I love about Sevendust. Give me more!

SEVENDUST guitarist John Connolly spoke to All That Shreds about the making of the band's new album, "All I See Is War", which will be released on May 11. "We wrote a lot more [than we did on previous records]," he said. "We usually come to the party with 30 new songs to choose from. This time we had 50-60 songs. You have time off, and you're excited about writing new songs. Every time you get a chance to make new music, we ask ourselves, do we kind of stay right what we are, or do we explore something new? There's always that moment you go. 'What new territory can we get ourselves into?'"

John also talked about SEVENDUST's decision to utilize the services of producer Michael "Elvis" Baskette, who has previously worked with Slash and ALTER BRIDGE, among other artists.

"I've been a massive fan of Elvis's since INCUBUS and STP, going way back," he said. "He produced some of the earliest STONE TEMPLE PILOTS. Tone-wise, all good stuff. For us, it was such a welcome [change]. We hadn't worked with a producer for a while. The last time we worked with an actual producer — not to take anything away from [engineer and mixer] Mike Ferretti, [who] stepped into that role for sure and helped us out [on 2013's 'Black Out The Sun' and 2015's 'Kill The Flaw'] — it was 2008, and it's been a while, almost ten years, so we figured, 'All right. Let's hit reboot and let's get someone.'"

According to Connolly, Baskette was a very hands-on producer who scrutinized every aspect of SEVENDUST's new album.

"Every note, and I mean every note — you think I'm exaggerating when I say this — but every note goes under the microscope [when you work with Elvis]," he said. "All of the drums, bass, guitars too — he doesn't miss anything, and that's what I love about him. We may miss some stuff. He's not missing anything. He has a picture, you know, with our pictures, and hopefully, we can come together and make that vision."

Asked if he and his bandmates told Elvis what sound they wanted to create with "All I See Is War", John said: "He's been a fan since he heard [1999's] 'Home'. He wanted that impact. He wanted that impact of 'Home'. 'Animosity', arguably one of our best-sounding records, but there’s something about 'Home' that a lot of people — I don't quite get it — but a lot of people identify with it, and that was his thing. I don't think it sounds like 'Home' at all, but I do think it sounds like a hybrid of 'Home'."

https://allthatshreds.com/sevendusts-john-connolly-we-decided-to-reboot-and-hire-a-producer/

Listened to it a couple times, and nothing really stands out about this one. It's decent, but kinda basic for Sevendust. They usually have something more that elevates a song-- a curveball or whatever.

Still excited though. Loved Dirty, and Not Original is a welcome change-up. Looking forward to hearing the rest!

This one sound great, my favorite so far. So glad they worked with a producer, you could already tell with the three songs they’ve released that it is going to sound a little “bigger” than the last couple of albums they’ve released. Those last two sounded like they were in autopilot, they need someone challenging them. 

I couldn’t be more psyched. 

How the hell is 7D releasing fresh-sounding stuff 20 years in? I know I’m in the minority in KTF being my favorite among all their albums, but good grief. And they picked from 50+ songs for this one. 🤯