Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pen

Sevendust + Rise Records = Profit!

39 posts in this topic

Hell yes! Also I just saw this the other day, which always amazes me.. on top of all the bands that Clint is in, he is now touring with Seether. How does that man do it?! haha. That being said can't wait for the new dusting!

Is there some reason why it's good that they're with Rise Records specifically, as opposed to a different company, or are you guys just happy they're signed and working on another album?

33 minutes ago, Koldes said:

Is there some reason why it's good that they're with Rise Records specifically, as opposed to a different company, or are you guys just happy they're signed and working on another album?

Rise Records is a really great label, current home to bands such as Pvris, Dance Gavin Dance, Silverstein, Of Mice & Men and many other solid bands just to name a few. 

I think we all are just excited to see them with a good label that will back their next record.

36 minutes ago, Koldes said:

More the latter from me, although Rise has become a very big deal in the last few years and I trust them to give Sevendust the attention they deserve. 

That's an interesting combination but very cool for both Sevendust and Rise. Hopefully this can expose them to a new fanbase without having to alter their sound too much.

1 hour ago, xeph said:

That's an interesting combination but very cool for both Sevendust and Rise. Hopefully this can expose them to a new fanbase without having to alter their sound too much.

I hope they alter their sound a bit. I love Sevendust so much, Lajon is one of my favorite singers of all time, but their material is getting stale for me. Same ole 'variation' argument I normally make of which I'm sure we'll disagree. But, I hope they change a bit! 

1 hour ago, Koldes said:

I hope they alter their sound a bit. I love Sevendust so much, Lajon is one of my favorite singers of all time, but their material is getting stale for me. Same ole 'variation' argument I normally make of which I'm sure we'll disagree. But, I hope they change a bit! 

Agreed here. The last album was the first album I really didn't care enough to go back and listen to.

I love y'all but could not possibly disagree more. I'm a hardcore 7d fan since the beginning, and KTF was their best by a wide margin for me. Animosity was my fav before. I could hardly believe that 7d had dropped their best album ever after 20 years.

Not only that, but several people who I'd been unable to get into Sevendust (due in part to the sections with harsh vocals, some of which seem disjointed even for me) became huge fans. The entire album is a masterpiece.

E314FCA5-10BE-4E04-96AA-B8C9E7CFF1E7-17854-0000194B0B62D28A.gif

4 hours ago, spirestar said:

I love y'all but could not possibly disagree more. I'm a hardcore 7d fan since the beginning, and KTF was their best by a wide margin for me. Animosity was my fav before. I could hardly believe that 7d had dropped their best album ever after 20 years.

Not only that, but several people who I'd been unable to get into Sevendust (due in part to the sections with harsh vocals, some of which seem disjointed even for me) became huge fans. The entire album is a masterpiece.

I don't think Omar and I speak for the majority of people, we're probably in the minority. 
I enjoyed the album, just wasn't absolutely in love with it. I remember enjoying the first half since "Yay new Sevendust!" but got bored towards the end. I'll give it another listen to confirm.

Looks like Michael "Elvis" Baskette is producing too, which makes me very excited. He's done every single Alter Bridge record, except the first I believe.

35 minutes ago, pen said:

Mastering officially begun on this. Shouldn't be far off now.

Hellz yeah! Wow we haven't seen an update on this topic since July. It's been quiet.

I forgot they signed to Rise Records, they just announced a tour with Memphis May Fire and Fire From the Gods. I’ve been listening to more Metalcore type bands the past few years compared to bands like Sevendust, it’s kinda weird to have them both mix together now.

Another example being A Day To Remember touring with Papa Roach. 

Haven't been super into the last two albums, particularly the latest one, so I'm hoping they rope me back in but I have a feeling they are going to continue leaning more on the metal side than the active rock side.  

Looking forward to it. Hopefully that means a single soon, too since it's just over two months out from the album. I enjoyed the latest so hopefully they will meet or exceed that one. Should be good stuff hopefully on Rise Records.

New track, "Dirty" is floating around. Reminds me of a mix between "Nobody Wants It" and "Peace and Destruction". REALLY good chorus-- heavy, but with clean vocals. Definitely pumped for the new album!

1 hour ago, Keystone said:

New track, "Dirty" is floating around. Reminds me of a mix between "Nobody Wants It" and "Peace and Destruction". REALLY good chorus-- heavy, but with clean vocals. Definitely pumped for the new album!

Excited to hear it. Surprised they announced a new album but haven’t officially released a single to hype it. 

I waited all day to see an official video pop up online and it didn't. So I listened to the leaked mp3 and was very happy.