Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RainbowDragon

Dirty Machine

8 posts in this topic

Just want to go on a mini rant here. Certain people who will see this will say its straight outta "2001" or that its very "dated" and that may very well be true but there are newer metal bands out there who sound and look like they are straight out of the 70's and 80's who get the praise and the pass and no one makes fun of them. There is a double standard out there because the mainstream laughs at nu metal I guess and wants to forget about it.

I like this.  The rapper reminds me a bit of Robb Flynn as far as his vocals go. 

I have no problem with this new wave of nu metal, I've always enjoyed the genre.  There are some terrible ones coming up, just as there were plenty of terrible ones in the late 90's and early 2000's.  

Sylar, Islander, While She Sleeps,  and Nine Shrines (some of these are debatably nu metal) are some of my favorites in the upcoming nu metal revival. DED sound like they certain have potential in this genre, I'm excited for their upcoming album.  My biggest disappointment out of this genre was Pointe Oblivion.  Their first single was excellent, heard the rest and it's just not that good. 

There's a market and an audience for this kind of music just like there is a market and an audience for a newer metal band who look and sound like they are straight out of the 80's. The difference is the latter gets praised and the former gets shit on.

I don't think they're totally getting shit on, a good portion of the bands I listed above are getting exposure on Octane lately and they all seem to have a decent following.  Critics will say whatever they want to, in the end music is subjective, people are going to like what they like, and obviously this kind of music is being enjoyed.  Otherwise it wouldn't be around right now. 

12 hours ago, Tilley said:

My biggest disappointment out of this genre was Pointe Oblivion.  Their first single was excellent, heard the rest and it's just not that good. 

Band is called Darke Complex. I still enjoyed it.