Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ruiner

Queens of the Stone Age: 'Villains'

16 posts in this topic

New album not produced by Mark Ronson definitely isn't called Villains, and there is no new single called "Feet Don't Fail Me".

I wasn't, like, blown away by that clip or the whole idea of Mark Ronson producing, but I'm sure it'll still be a great album and that video was hilarious. Hope there's some darker and artsier tracks to balance out the popper direction that seems to be hinted at. 

QOTSA_VILLAINS_1200X1200_9da2f804-26e1-4

Out August 25th. Track list:

• 01 Feet Don’t Fail Me
  • 02 The Way You Used to Do
  • 03 Domesticated Animals
  • 04 Fortress
  • 05 Head Like a Haunted House
  • 06 Un-Reborn Again
  • 07 Hideaway
  • 08 The Evil Has Landed
  • 09 Villains of Circumstance

The album is 48 minutes long, so I don't think it'll suffer from lack of content

also this song is funky as hell

Unpopular opinion: I'm not much of a QOTSA fan. I like some of their songs here and there. Some, I don't quite get the hype. I really do like the sound of this one.

The song is growing on me. I don't really like the production still--very thin sounding--but it's definitely a fun track. The fact that the album is 48 minutes with 9 tracks tells me that there's going to be some long songs on here, and I should trust that Josh put together something that maintains the ambition and standard of quality he's set for the group despite the new direction. 

Edit: It gains a LOT with decent headphones. Phone speakers are generally shitty, but I think the difference is especially pronounced with the way this one is produced. There's a ton going on that I didn't hear at all the first several times I listened.