Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Green Baron

Rise Against - 'Wolves'

19 posts in this topic

After one listen, this is their best record since The Sufferer and The Witness. I don't wanna say the boys are back, but.... the boys might be back?

On a scale of 1-10, 1 being one and 10 being a lot, how much variation are we talking from song to song?

3 hours ago, Koldes said:

On a scale of 1-10, 1 being one and 10 being a lot, how much variation are we talking from song to song?

I feel like when talking about Rise Against this should read "on a scale of 1-10, 1 being punk and 10 being not punk, exactly how not punk is Rise Against on this album"?

6 hours ago, pen said:

I feel like when talking about Rise Against this should read "on a scale of 1-10, 1 being punk and 10 being not punk, exactly how not punk is Rise Against on this album"?

I'm okay using that metric. :) How not-punk is this album? 

4 hours ago, Koldes said:

Beats me, I haven't listened to it yet.

5 hours ago, Koldes said:

It sounds like a Rise Against album. I feel like you'd enjoy it though

After one listen, this may be my favorite album of theirs since "The Sufferer and the Witness." I found it freaking fantastic. Full of energy as every Rise Against album is. It might have to grow on me a bit more to become AOTY material, but it's probably Top 5 right now for me.

Took me a few listens, but I'm really digging this album now after it's sunk in some for me. My favorite is probably "How Many Walls".

Man this is a surprise album for me. Although I've been a fan of these guys for along time they haven't really released a complete album I fully enjoyed all the way through in some time. That really changed after listening to this over the weekend. My favorite is by far Politics of Love and I also really enjoy How Many Walls and Far From Perfect.

1 hour ago, pen said:

I don't wanna be that guy, but while I enjoyed this album, it seemed a little less varied than previous albums.

I'm in agreement with you there, but I'm ok with that. Typically, I want variety on an album and not just a bunch of songs that sound alike. With Rise Against right now, as much as I love when they add in a song like "Swing Life Away" or "Roadside," I'm just fine without one to mix up the variety.

3 hours ago, American_Idiot said:

I'm in agreement with you there, but I'm ok with that. Typically, I want variety on an album and not just a bunch of songs that sound alike. With Rise Against right now, as much as I love when they add in a song like "Swing Life Away" or "Roadside," I'm just fine without one to mix up the variety.

Not to poke the bear, but what I'm gathering from this is that normally you would agree with me that variety is better, but not when it comes to Rise Against, since you agree with me that this is a less varied album, but still their best since Sufferer?

18 hours ago, pen said:

Not to poke the bear, but what I'm gathering from this is that normally you would agree with me that variety is better, but not when it comes to Rise Against, since you agree with me that this is a less varied album, but still their best since Sufferer?

Correct. I'm fine with the same sound throughout on this one just because it sounds so good. Normally, that's not the case.

I just listened to this album and for not being as big of a Rise Against fan as some people are here...it's not as good as some of their previous material.

I personally enjoy the more melodic stuff that The Suffer and the Witness, Appeal to Reason and Endgame put out more than the punk stuff.

That being said, Welcome to the Breakdown, Politics of Love and How Many Walls are absolute gems!