Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RainbowDragon

Aftershock 2017

27 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, NinjaNick101 said:

Sounds like a funtastic lineup. ABR, NIN, Beartooth, Anti-Flag...could I say more?

You can say more. You have my permission.

The best band on that bill...Them Evils!  I saw them open for Alter Bridge back in February...rocked my face off!

That first day is fucking preposterous. NIN, RTJ, A Perfect Circle, Frank Carter, Anti-Flag? Depending on ticket prices (especially if one day passes are available) I may have to seriously consider making a trip to Sacramento. 

40 minutes ago, Ruiner said:

That first day is fucking preposterous. NIN, RTJ, A Perfect Circle, Frank Carter, Anti-Flag? Depending on ticket prices (especially if one day passes are available) I may have to seriously consider making a trip to Sacramento. 

The fact that you completely left out Stone Sour, August Burns Red AND Nothing More, proves that you are as insane as I knew you to be.

For shame dude!

16 minutes ago, BreakTheAgony87 said:

The fact that you completely left out Stone Sour, August Burns Red AND Nothing More, proves that you are as insane as I knew you to be.

For shame dude!

Stone Sour is great historically and has been one of my favorite bands at different points but their new material kind of sucks so far so I'm cooling off on them. 

The other bands you mentioned are... fine, have some good songs, but they certainly aren't anybody I'd go out of my way to see.

Don't know why it's any kind of big deal, people like different kinds of music, and I've never been shy about not being huge on straightforward radio rock with a few exceptions. Nor is that even a diss on those bands, that I didn't include them alongside bands of god-tier artists like Reznor, Maynard, and El-P. 

1 hour ago, Ruiner said:

Stone Sour is great historically and has been one of my favorite bands at different points but their new material kind of sucks so far so I'm cooling off on them. 

The other bands you mentioned are... fine, have some good songs, but they certainly aren't anybody I'd go out of my way to see.

Don't know why it's any kind of big deal, people like different kinds of music, and I've never been shy about not being huge on straightforward radio rock with a few exceptions. Nor is that even a diss on those bands, that I didn't include them alongside bands of god-tier artists like Reznor, Maynard, and El-P. 

It's a big deal, because I think you're a fucking sheep!  You say you don't like radio rock bands but NIN is one of the biggest radio rock bands of the late 90s / Early 2000s.  I still hear "Head Like A Hole", "Closer" and a whole bunch of there tracks from With Teeth on the radio.

This is just proof that you're an absolute poser......

41 minutes ago, BreakTheAgony87 said:

It's a big deal, because I think you're a fucking sheep!  You say you don't like radio rock bands but NIN is one of the biggest radio rock bands of the late 90s / Early 2000s.  I still hear "Head Like A Hole", "Closer" and a whole bunch of there tracks from With Teeth on the radio.

This is just proof that you're an absolute poser......

Uh, okay dude. You clearly didn't pick up what I meant by "radio rock" (or where I mentioned exceptions, like Chevelle and Stone Sour), but you do you. 

EDIT: Oh, fuck it, I want to play it cool, but I'm not cool, so I'll bite. What exactly am I posing as? 

LOL!!

Chevelle and Stone Sour are "radio rock" according to you.   Not only are you a poser and a sheep, but you're also delusional.  Congrats bro!

10 minutes ago, BreakTheAgony87 said:

LOL!!

Chevelle and Stone Sour are "radio rock" according to you.   Not only are you a poser and a sheep, but you're also delusional.  Congrats bro!

I don't get it. Are you having a stroke or something? 

Seriously, I'm aiming to hear you out here. I'm engaging you, against my better judgment. I'm interested in your opinions, and how you arrive at them. On what earth are two of the most prominent bands on active rock radio of the past decade not radio rock? Especially if we're contrasting this with your last post, which suggests that having a handful of hit singles is all it takes to earn that label?

5 minutes ago, xeph said:

this is funny

I really wanted to just be above it, but I just couldn't. There's some part of my brain that enjoys this buffoonery, I can't bring myself to deny it, no matter how it makes me look.

10 minutes ago, Ruiner said:

Seriously, I'm aiming to hear you out here. I'm engaging you, against my better judgment. I'm interested in your opinions, and how you arrive at them. On what earth are two of the most prominent bands on active rock radio of the past decade not radio rock? Especially if we're contrasting this with your last post, which suggests that having a handful of hit singles is all it takes to earn that label?

And to avoid arguing semantics, I probably should've said "active rock" instead of radio rock, and if it wasn't clear, I'm not intending that as an insult. It's just not my style of music, I'm not implying that it's worse than the music I am into it, if that's what has you in such a tizzy. 

Im surprised you dont like Code Orange. I think you'd like them because they arent a typcial hardcore band, they mix in alt rock elements.

35 minutes ago, RainbowDragon said:

Im surprised you dont like Code Orange. I think you'd like them because they arent a typcial hardcore band, they mix in alt rock elements.

I don't know every goddamn band on the list, people. I named the bands that I'm excited to maybe see live, I wasn't listing the only bands that I don't think suck. Christ.

33 minutes ago, Ruiner said:

I don't know every goddamn band on the list, people. I named the bands that I'm excited to maybe see live, I wasn't listing the only bands that I don't think suck. Christ.

It's obviously your fault. You should have named every band on the list, so that nobody felt left out.

9 hours ago, Ruiner said:

Nope, I was just messing with you.  

I am a little surprised that you weren't excited about Nothing More, especially since they have new music soon.  But hey, to each their own.

3 hours ago, BreakTheAgony87 said:

Nope, I was just messing with you.  

I am a little surprised that you weren't excited about Nothing More, especially since they have new music soon.  But hey, to each their own.

We still cant figure out why he left his home state of Alabama for Washington state not once but twice! He has some hatred of Alabama for some reason.

1 hour ago, RainbowDragon said:

We still cant figure out why he left his home state of Alabama for Washington state not once but twice! He has some hatred of Alabama for some reason.

Why are you referring to yourself as "we"? You're not royalty or Venom.

I met a very nice guy on youtube who grew up in New Jersey but has lived in Mobile for quite a while and Ive never heard him bash it or talk bad about it.

I'm going to try to go to this this year. I missed last year's, but have been to the first 3 of them. I've never seen NIN, Starset, Ozzy, or Fozzy. It's an okay lineup on the bottom card and a great lineup on the top card. I wish they would make this 3 days again, but they have kept it smaller again this year.

27 minutes ago, jman3000 said:

I'm going to try to go to this this year. I missed last year's, but have been to the first 3 of them. I've never seen NIN, Starset, Ozzy, or Fozzy. It's an okay lineup on the bottom card and a great lineup on the top card. I wish they would make this 3 days again, but they have kept it smaller again this year.

I don't know what you did to break the screen with your post, but I just fixed it.