Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris.

New Foo Fighters

25 posts in this topic

Looks like album 9 is on its way! I will check the song later (stuck on work calls at the moment).

http://people.com/music/foo-fighters-dave-grohl-run-video-nursing-home-revolt/

Foo Fighters have returned, and they’re up to their old tricks—emphasis on old.

The Dave Grohl-led outfit is celebrating 22 years this summer, but anyone fearing that the band’s sledge hammer riffs have gone soft will have their ear drums pounded into rubble by their new song, “Run.” Age brings wisdom, and a greater ability to shred.

The accompanying music video hammers the point home. The Foos—prematurely elderly with the magic of prosthetic makeup—find themselves in an oppressive nursing home, lead by terrifying Nurse Ratched-like staff. Grohl, nearly unrecognizable but for his trademark Trini Lopez Gibson, resembles a heavy metal Gandalf as they rock a crowd of fellow “inmates” gathered in the chapel.

If “Run” is any indication, their upcoming album, which is currently untitled, is a return to full-speed-ahead rock. Like the best of Foo Fighters, it’s hard and occasionally hilarious.

Funny enough, I went to a job interview today and one of the guys I spoke to told me about this song being released. Sounds pretty epic. Video is okay even though Seether already did the concept. I also feel like I've seen asylums a lot lately, what with Chevelle and Fall Out Boy having previously explored this as well. Looking forward to the album though.

Wow, Foos gave me an early birthday present. 

Now, this song got me thinking. "Walk" was a hit 6 years ago. Now we "Run".

New album Concrete and Gold out September 15th

1. T-Shirt
2. Run
3. Make It Right
4. The Sky Is A Neighborhood
5. La Dee Da
6. Dirty Water
7. Arrows
8. Happy Ever After (Zero Hour)
9. Sunday Rain
10. The Line
11. Concrete and Gold

Dave Grohl: “There’s one who is probably the biggest pop star in the world and -- I’m not kidding -- sings backup on one of the heaviest songs on the record, and we're not telling anybody who it is.”

1 hour ago, Green Baron said:

Dave Grohl: “There’s one who is probably the biggest pop star in the world and -- I’m not kidding -- sings backup on one of the heaviest songs on the record, and we're not telling anybody who it is.”

Interesting. My vote's on Taylor Swift. Or maybe Katy Perry? She did do that one P.O.D. song but that was before her career took off, so...

The problem is it's not just about who's the biggest pop star right now, but who would Dave Grohl consider to be the biggest pop star?

So I just got back and I'm trying to catch up on new stuff and man this is such a nice surprise. Can't wait to hear more. Which song based on the title do we think the mystery vocalist will be on? My guess is Happy Ever After(Zero Hour)

On 6/1/2017 at 0:53 PM, pen said:

Video is okay even though Seether already did the concept.

Funny story. Bellusira did the concept for "Cachango" and Shaun Morgan commented that he loved it. Seether then released the video with the same (or very similar) concept.

6 minutes ago, Vigo said:

Funny story. Bellusira did the concept for "Cachango" and Shaun Morgan commented that he loved it. Seether then released the video with the same (or very similar) concept.

Great artists steal, eh?

It took me two listens to really get an opinion, but I really like this one. They didn't have to make a super hard-rocking track to make a catchy and well written tune. For the sound that "Run" had, I'm actually surprised at how well it did on radio. This easily I'd assume will do just as well being lighter.

On 6/21/2017 at 2:24 PM, Green Baron said:

He revealed in a recent interview it is JT!

On 9/7/2017 at 0:52 PM, NinjaNick101 said:

This is going to be a great album.

Definitely agreed. "The Line" may be the best one they've released so far. I'm pretty pumped to hear the song they did w/ JT, too.