Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Andrew

Nothing More // The Stories We Tell Ourselves

66 posts in this topic

"Don't Stop" was pretty heavy, yet catchy. The high-pitched vocals turned me off a bit, but it's better than chipmunks. Musically, it's good.

Go To War is indeed alot better than Don't Stop.. But both songs are pretty good all in all ;-) 

Love the vocals in Go To War !

"Go To War" is definitely the better of the two. "Don't Stop" has meh lyrics, but I think the music behind it more than makes up for it. 

I actually like "Don't Stop" better than "Go To War".  Both songs are severely underwhelming though. :(

14 hours ago, BreakTheAgony87 said:

What an awesome song!

I have to admit, I have relatively low expectations for this album simply because I love their S/T so much. I think it's perhaps the best hard rock/rock album of the past 5-7+ years. Coming close to repeating that level of excellence is just going to be hard, in my eyes.

But this song has everything that I want, mostly variation. Really cool vocals (that echo and repeat at the end), that knocking sound thing in the beginning, good lyrics, and even the "Don't Stop" chorus which is repetitive, is still a complete break from their chorus formulas from their S/T. So it's not too repetitive for me. 

I haven't listened to any of the other stuff yet, just awaiting full songs. But if this is indicative of the entire albums quality and variation I am going to be happy as hell. 

1 hour ago, NinjaNick101 said:

Since nobody posted the video. Yep, it's good.

Right after finishing my previous post I saw this. 2/2, baby! I love how this one starts off and goes back to being super slow and light, and then kicks back hard for a soft finish. And that rain drop sounding thing is really cool. I love his soaring melodic vocals like in this song.  I especially like the subject matter of this song, I can relate to it myself.

I don't think I've seen it in this thread yet, is there any info on a release date for the album? I assume in the next 2-3 months or so with the release of these? 

Both these songs are pretty jammin' but "Don't Stop" has the slight edge for me. I'm actually real excited for "Let Em Burn", super badass groove on that preview clip

1 hour ago, Koldes said:

I don't think I've seen it in this thread yet, is there any info on a release date for the album? I assume in the next 2-3 months or so with the release of these? 

September 15th.

01 – “(Ambition; Destruction)”
02 – “Do You Really Want It”
03 – “(Convict; Divide)”
04 – “Let ’em Burn”
05 – “Ripping Me Apart”
06 – “Don’t Stop”
07 – “Funny Little Creatures”
08 – “(React; Respond)”
09 – “The Great Divorce”
10 – “Still In Love”
11 – “(Alone; Together)”
12 – “Go To War”
13 – “Just Say When”
14 – “(Accept; Disconnect)”
15 – “Who We Are”
16 – “Tunnels”
17 – “(End; Begin)”
18 – “FadeInFadeOut”

I appreciate that these guys are actually doing something sort of fresh with the active rock sound in a time when almost nobody is, but the vocal melodies and lyrics are both still too been there done that for me. 

Hadn't really listened to these new songs very much yet, but I'm liking these a lot more with further listening. New song is really nice.

16 minutes ago, American_Idiot said:

I guess you can all call me a Debbie Downer. I didn't really like that new one :unsure:

Debbie_Downer.PNG

11 hours ago, American_Idiot said:

I guess you can all call me a Debbie Downer. I didn't really like that new one :unsure:

Adam, no...... :(

So far they're 0-3 for me this time around. I loved their last two albums, so I've given the tracks a week to sink in hoping they would grow.

Let'em Burn is a train wreck - overly repetitive, the sing-songy nature of the chorus, the whole 9 yards. I could not dislike this track more than I do now.

Go to War is listenable in an album context, probably. It would have been my least favorite or second least favorite on their self-titled.

Don't Stop has moments I love. It may be a grower, but overall fell flat and was harmed badly by the ending.

Part of this is probably unfair expectations created by their previous excellence. I'll still get the album, but color me worried as of now.

16 hours ago, American_Idiot said:

What about the other two?

9 minutes ago, NinjaNick101 said:

What about the other two?

I liked those a decent amount. I'm not a massive Nothing More fan, but would say they're one of the better bands to have come out in the Alternative Metal genre (if that makes sense) over the last five years or so.