Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
revlongoo

Chris Cornell dead

80 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, RainbowDragon said:

Did anyone listen to his Scream album? I didn't cuz I heard it sucked.

On 5/18/2017 at 10:20 AM, pen said:

Everyone's bringing up Soundgarden and Audioslave and Temple Of The Dog, but one album I come back to time and again that I think is massively misunderstood and unfairly blasted is his solo album Scream that he made with Timbaland. Sure, it wasn't the rock epic everyone was expecting, but it was weirdly different and had quite a few solid songs and every time I've gone back to it, I've found it rewarding.

8 hours ago, RainbowDragon said:

Did anyone listen to his Scream album? I didn't cuz I heard it sucked.

So you believe everything you're told?  

I have enough respect for Chris Cornell's immense talent and sprawling body of work that, in death, I'm not going to pretend that Scream wasn't total ass. He's not the first talented guy to have a failed experiment and he wasn't the last. 

1 hour ago, Ruiner said:

I'm not going to pretend that Scream wasn't total ass.

I don't have to cause it wasn't. :)

4 minutes ago, RainbowDragon said:

TMZ (usually pretty accurate) is saying he had fresh track marks in his arm. I guess its all starting to make more sense.

TMZ can get fucked. It's a shitty gossip magazine.

TMZ rarely reveals its sourcing, paid or otherwise, making the veracity of what it reports more opaque.

That doesn’t make the information wrong, but it does make it somewhat suspect to journalists who question whether a news organization can maintain an arm’s-length relationship with sources it is paying. By entering into a business relationship with them, journalists worry that a news organization could favor their information at the expense of fairness to other parties involved in a story.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/tmz-was-first--again-will-their-word-alone-ever-be-good-enough-for-traditional-media/2016/04/22/822613ae-0805-11e6-bdcb-0133da18418d_story.html?utm_term=.d7ceaf414996

TMZ's actually broken a lot of significant news stories over the years, Pen.  Their reputation precedes them but it is not entirely deserved.

1 minute ago, Andrew said:

TMZ's actually broken a lot of significant news stories over the years, Pen.  Their reputation precedes them but it is not entirely deserved.

Don't make me continue the running gag, Andrew. Cause I'll do it. I've got my finger on the trigger and all I need is an excuse.

47 minutes ago, Andrew said:

But TMZ actually is a pretty credible news source.

Fine. I don't like TMZ. Fuck them anyway.

20 hours ago, pen said:

Fine. I don't like TMZ. Fuck them anyway.

Well that's certainly well and good, anyone that employs paparazzi as much as they do are in an ethical area that I'm not super fond of.  They'll chase stories in some pretty desperate ways sometimes.

The offset to that is that it means they'll get to shit that other people don't, on a lot of occasions.

This is from the LP album thread but it's relevant. They did 'One More Light' track in Cornell's honor. 

Jesus, guys amphitheater crowd are fucking crappy. I get that festivals and amitheaters make artists more money and I support that, but as a fan, it's always disappointing when a great band goes that route for a tour instead of clubs or arenas. 

http://www.theprp.com/2017/06/02/news/chris-cornells-toxicology-report-reveals-prescription-drugs-system-time-death/

The results are in, and they're about what was expected.

According to TMZ, Cornell had traces of Naloxone (Narcan), Butalbital (sedative), Lorazepam (Ativan), Pseudoephedrine (decongestant) and barbiturates in his system at the time of death.

It also appears that he had taken four 1 mg Lorazepam tablets during the night of his death, which his family expect impaired his judgment in taking his own life.

So, Narcan was from the EMT. Sounds like he Oded on Ativan and painkillers to me. What a shame. I wonder what was going through his head when he took that many Ativan?