Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
revlongoo

Chris Cornell dead

55 posts in this topic

http://abc7.com/entertainment/rocker-chris-cornell-dies-at-52-rep-says/2006846/

Updated 15 mins ago
DETROIT -- 
According to his representative, rocker Chris Cornell, who gained fame as the lead singer of Soundgarden and later Audioslave, has died at age 52.

In a statement to The Associated Press, Brian Bumbery says Cornell died Wednesday night in Detroit.

Bumbery called the death "sudden and unexpected" and said his wife and family were shocked by it. The statement said the family would be working closely with the medical examiner to determine the cause and asked for privacy.

(Copyright ©2017 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

I just read about this. Out of all the grunge bands, Soundgarden was always my favorite due to his vocals.

This one hurts. 

Soundgarden just had an interview posted by Blabbermouth where they were about ready to start recording their followup to King Animal.

Chris Cornell was my favorite Chris. This sucks.

Cobain, Staley, Weiland, Cornell.  The voices of grunge keep dropping. This shit sucks :(

Chris was fucking amazing.  Will be missed.

They were supposed to close out Rock on the Range this weekend. This...is the last performance of Black Hole Sun:

This is incredibly shocking and sad. I'm seeing they found him dead in his hotel room above the venue after their show in Detroit at the Fillmore. He had something around his neck. Just incredibly heartbreaking. 

This is fucking horrifying. I don't have the words for how I feel about this, especially if it really was self-inflicted. My heart goes out to his family and loved ones. Just so sudden and senseless.

This one hurts. Chris was the first singer I can remember that made me stop and pay attention when I first heard Soundgarden as a kid. Fuck.

I still think Down on the Upside is a really underappreciated album that lives in the shadow of the iconic Superunknown. 

Been jamming to Blow up the Outside World all morning. The way it lulls into the chorus is so good, and his voice is otherworldly in it. 

Oh fuck :(

I know most will bring up Soundgarden, but Audioslave deserves a ton of love too, one of my favorite bands in their time. I know what I'll be listening to the next couple of days. 

1 minute ago, Omar said:

I know most will bring up Soundgarden, but Audioslave deserves a ton of love too, one of my favorite bands in their time. I know what I'll be listening to the next couple of days. 

Audioslave was the first of his that I really got into. It made me go back and revisit Soundgarden when I got older.

Everyone's bringing up Soundgarden and Audioslave and Temple Of The Dog, but one album I come back to time and again that I think is massively misunderstood and unfairly blasted is his solo album Scream that he made with Timbaland. Sure, it wasn't the rock epic everyone was expecting, but it was weirdly different and had quite a few solid songs and every time I've gone back to it, I've found it rewarding.

This one just plain sucks.

" I am not your blowing wind
I am the lightning
I am not your autumn moon
I am the night
The night "

One of my all time favorite sets of lyircs.

3 hours ago, TaNbULL said:

This one hurts. Chris was the first singer I can remember that made me stop and pay attention when I first heard Soundgarden as a kid. Fuck.

Same here. This one has hit me the hardest of any musician passing away. It's one of the first memorable voices I remember (from our era) as a kid. This sucks.

3 hours ago, Omar said:

I knew the Soundgarden singles earlier in life, but yeah Audioslave was really my jam in high school, etc. I have gone back and heard some of the older Soundgarden tunes, but yeah I've been spinning the s/t album this morning.

Christ. I'm pretty sure they were touring with Dillinger Escape Plan, whose first tour it was since their bus accident. This sucks all the way around. I really hope it wasn't self-inflicted. 

I'm pretty crushed. Badmotorfinger and Superunknown are two albums formative to my early music listening years. So so sad. If it was a suicide I hope he's found peace wherever he is.

Man how ironic is "Your Time Has Come". A whole song about how people are dying too young. "it is about people who killed themseves before their time had come" is a direct quote from Cornell about the song. 

Someone mentioned he had been recording and touring nonstop for 4 years now and hasnt really slowed down or took extended time off. That cant be good for your psychical and mental state and can take a toll on you as you're getting older.

Looks like it's confirmed suicide now. This is really messing me up today, I feel like someone I personally know died. 

Whats haunting is watching footage from his last show last night, I wonder if he had planned that to be it before the show, or if it was something after the show....his final tweet was an picture of the marquee for the sold out show, and he used the hashtag #NoMoreBullshit