8. Saviours 
9. Nothing Left 
10. Count Me Out
11. Emotionless
12. Sell My Soul
13. Feels Like Dying (Bonus Track)
14. Misunderstood (Bonus Track)
15. Take a Minute (Bonus Track)

Album of the year for me so far, hands down. "Saviours" is my favorite so far but man this album is GOOD.

I think these guys forgot how to write catchy songs. Nothing is standing out to me. These song are dull and lack energy and meander all over the place. Just like the last album before this. Shaun isnt even 40 yet and he seems tired and bored. I hear splashes of energy and life but its pretty sparse.

I was mildly disappointed with this after one listen. Definitely lives up to the "heavy" hype but like DD most of the songs just weren't sticking with me yet. Gonna have to give it a few more spins.

7 hours ago, RainbowDragon said:

I think these guys forgot how to write catchy songs. Nothing is standing out to me. These song are dull and lack energy and meander all over the place. Just like the last album before this. Shaun isnt even 40 yet and he seems tired and bored. I hear splashes of energy and life but its pretty sparse.

Without even listening to anything other than the first single, I know I'm gonna agree with this. The last album and the first single are pretty meh.

11 hours ago, RainbowDragon said:

Thats a symptom of having 15 songs. Just do 10 songs and maybe 1 bonus track. 15 is way too many.

There's only 15 on the deluxe version...

Gonna dig into this one asap. Usually heldjc and I are on the same page and DD and I are on the opposite pages, so with those two metrics alone, I'm pretty hopeful that it's good.

15 hours ago, RainbowDragon said:

Thats a symptom of having 15 songs. Just do 10 songs and maybe 1 bonus track. 15 is way too many.

Or just write 15 good songs instead of 10 with five lame ones. 

Man, i really wanted to like this one.. I love they went harder again, but.. it really lacks something compared to the older albums, especially their melodies.

Didn't expect to see so many people dislike this. I thought this was a really good album. I've been listening to it all weekend and I think it's great. A huge return to form after their last one, which I thought was how you guys are describing this one, just "blah". This is probably their best since Finding Beauty 

Yeah I am surprised too. I think their hard songs still have a really calm melody in them, but "something else" is a good example of a fantastic melody on this album in my opinion.

I don't dislike the album, but I do think I need to give it another listen or two or three before I really decide what I think of it. I wanted something similar to "Karma & Effect" as it was my favorite Seether album. This is probably the closest to it and I'd have to say this it's heavier than any other release, which is also what I wanted. However, something doesn't completely gel with me either about it. It could be my tastes personally in which I'm less into louder and heavier stuff as I become an old man than I used to be. 

1 hour ago, American_Idiot said:

I don't dislike the album, but I do think I need to give it another listen or two or three before I really decide what I think of it. I wanted something similar to "Karma & Effect" as it was my favorite Seether album. This is probably the closest to it and I'd have to say this it's heavier than any other release, which is also what I wanted. However, something doesn't completely gel with me either about it. It could be my tastes personally in which I'm less into louder and heavier stuff as I become an old man than I used to be. 

Haha, this is what I basically feel as well. I'm not sure if my tastes have just changed that much, or if it just lacks a certain hook to keep me interested, but totally agree. Maybe it's a slow-burn album and just needs more time, but on first listen or two I feel like some of the songs were just uninspired a bit. I do like that they went heavy and kinda back to the roots a bit, but yeah they were just catchier back then compared to this. I may come back and have lots more love on this one after a few more spins, though.

I listened to this a few days ago but hadn't had a chance to really comment until now. I only listened to it once, but my initial feeling is this.

First, I'm at a loss as to why anyone who likes Seether disliked the last album as I felt almost every song on that album was a huge jam and encapsulated all the best aspects of Seether.

Unfortunately, I don't feel the same about this album so far. I do get what Seether was trying for in recapturing the aggressive sound of their first two albums and ridding themselves of the more alternative sound they came to embody, but I feel like that was the wrong choice, as they wallow way too much in the aggressiveness with very few detours to balance it out. It makes the album feel very samey and not many of the songs stand out.

I think it was a mistake to relegate "Misunderstood" to the deluxe version. That is the exact kind of song they should have had a bit more of on the album proper to balance out the heavier numbers. I realize their eagerness to dive back into the elements that their former label pushed them away from, but I'm worried they took away the wrong message from that time. I'm just hoping their next album is a bit more balanced.

I do reserve the right to update my opinion though as I take more listens. Maybe it will grow on me. Chevelle's last album initially felt unvaried to me as well and I've grown to appreciate it a lot more than when I started, so I hope this does the same.

20 hours ago, pen said:

...I feel like that was the wrong choice, as they wallow way too much in the aggressiveness with very few detours to balance it out. It makes the album feel very samey and not many of the songs stand out.

I do reserve the right to update my opinion though as I take more listens. Maybe it will grow on me. Chevelle's last album initially felt unvaried to me as well and I've grown to appreciate it a lot more than when I started, so I hope this does the same.

Same feelings here, man. It just all blends together too much so far, but again it could be a grower. I had the same thing happen w/ Chevelle's latest and now I love it so there's that.

This is honestly probably my least favorite Seether album.  It's a decent record, but the bar is so high with these guys that I'm pretty underwhelmed by this one.  "I'll Survive" and "Let You Down" are the only ones that stick with me.

Been listening to Paramore way more than this one

I re-listened to the album yesterday for the second time. This time, I had no interruptions at work and was able to pay attention. This has now taken the #1 spot for my AOTY. It may not be my favorite Seether album, but it certainly could be in my mind if I had to really decide between this and Karma & Effect. It's the perfect blend of loud and energetic. Exactly how I wanted it.

46 minutes ago, American_Idiot said:

I re-listened to the album yesterday for the second time. This time, I had no interruptions at work and was able to pay attention. This has now taken the #1 spot for my AOTY. It may not be my favorite Seether album, but it certainly could be in my mind if I had to really decide between this and Karma & Effect. It's the perfect blend of loud and energetic. Exactly how I wanted it.

About sums it up for me as well. They had a good mixture of songs they played at Rock on the range, and I am so pumped to see them at a small venue next month. This gets better each listen