Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NinjaNick101

Fall Out Boy - Mania

35 posts in this topic

Excited to see some new tunes already considering they went back to the studio. I wonder if that means they're close on finishing it (again).

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Excited to see some new tunes already considering they went back to the studio. I wonder if that means they're close on finishing it (again).

Well it comes out in January, so unless they're planning to delay it again, I'd hope that's still when they're putting it out.

Can't say I really like this one either, so I'm overall 0/3 on their songs released so far. "Champion" was alright, but the lyrics are so cliche to me. This has it's decent parts, but Patrick's high notes in this song are a turnoff for me and the chorus, while catchy, does not need to be so fast.

13 hours ago, American_Idiot said:

Patrick's high notes in this song are a turnoff for me and the chorus, while catchy, does not need to be so fast.

Totally opposite opinion on this, but I'm a sucker for a good high note and I think Patrick's are executed well here. Also don't really get the criticism about the fast chorus as I think it has a lot of energy as it is and I'm not sure what slowing down the chorus would accomplish. Sorry man, you know I hate disagreeing with you, but I do. I think I'm really going to love this album as I've enjoyed all three tracks released so far.

13 hours ago, pen said:

Totally opposite opinion on this, but I'm a sucker for a good high note and I think Patrick's are executed well here. Also don't really get the criticism about the fast chorus as I think it has a lot of energy as it is and I'm not sure what slowing down the chorus would accomplish. Sorry man, you know I hate disagreeing with you, but I do. I think I'm really going to love this album as I've enjoyed all three tracks released so far.

You and everyone else are perfectly ok to disagree with me anytime. It's what makes opinions a great thing in the music world. I just think they're trying to emphasize his vocals too much here. He has a fantastic range, but I just think it's over the top in this track and has been more and more with their latest albums.

I gave this another listen last night and do enjoy it a bit more now to the point where I do decently like the song. I absolutely hated "Young & Menace" as you know, so this is a huge step up in comparison. I know Fall Out Boy has tons of talent as I've heard in the past. I just don't like the way they're using it so far with this new album. Really, just haven't more and more as time has gone on with each album.

01. Young & Menace
02. Champion
03. Stay Frosty / Royal Milk Tea
04. Hold Me Tight or Don’t
05. Last of the Real Ones
06. Wilson (Expensive Mistakes)
07. Church
08. Heavens Gate
09. Sunshine Riptide (feat. Burna Boy)
10. Bishops Knife Trick

"The Last of the Real Ones" kind of grew on me, so I'm 1/4 as this one is literally a straight up Maroon 5 sounding Pop song. I doubt no song they ever make in the future will be as bad as "Young and Menace" for me, but this is another one that I would be fine never hearing again.