Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris.

Incubus -'8'

8 posts in this topic

I noticed there's not much buzz for this. I think a lot of people lost interest in them. Also Brandon and Mike have really long hair now and they look awful. I mean youre supposed to grow your hair long when you are younger not older.

I can't say I was expecting much from an Incubus album in 2017 but honestly I really loved this album. I think I would have a difficult time putting this below anything they've done besides Make Yourself or Morning View. "No Fun" is a total slapper, "State of the Art" is a really nice and catchy tune, as is "Familiar Faces". Also, "When I Became A Man" is fucking hilarious.

I've listened to it some, it's decent.  Love in a Time of Surveillance, Lonliest, Nimble Bastard, Throw Out the Map, and No Fun are the standouts to me. 

I didn't really have much of an opinion after one listen on Friday, so I gave it a second try today. It's not my favorite Incubus album by any means, but for the state that they're in now coming back after such a long time when "If Not Now, When" was released, it fits. "Nimble Bastard" reminds me of something off of "Crow" and think it was a great lead single. Nothing really seems boring to me, but I wouldn't say there's many tracks that really stand out. "State of the Art" stands out to me more than others and I like the variety and now humor that they added into it towards the second half of the album. It's right now #10 on my AOTY, so I'd expect it to end up somewhere in the 20's on my final list. Not bad considering I listened to something like 135 albums last year and probably will do it again.

This is probably my #1 album of the year thus far. Just love every song on it. "Undefeated" really hits home for me lately given life stuff going on, etc. "Loneliest" does similarly, but I like the different sound on it also. "Familiar Faces" is a nice cut and love the nostalgic intro for "Love In a Time of Surveillance". "No Fun" is a great opening jam as well and of course love all the singles released off of the album. Probably my favorite Incubus album since Crow.