Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike

WWE WrestleMania 33

65 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Ruiner said:

Remember when Bray Wyatt was a wrestler?

That was horrible. Like really really bad. Orton sucked too, it's not all on Bray. Jesus Christ.

2 minutes ago, Ruiner said:

Roman about to main event his third Wrestlemania in a row.

I figured based on how they'd always put the match preview for that one last. Only thing that can save the 2nd half of this show is a heel turn.

1 minute ago, Omar said:

That was horrible. Like really really bad. Orton sucked too, it's not all on Bray. Jesus Christ.

Yeah neither guy was really putting in good work, and it's hard to blame them with the ooga booga bullshit killing the match even if they had been. I remember those matches with the Shield and Daniel Bryan and some of his better NXT stuff, he had actual wrestling matches where he was this big bad killer. But ever since, I wanna say the Cena feud, he's slowly morphed into where his matches aren't even actual matches, just goofy late-90s Undertaker bullshit. He needs to be more Jake the Snake. How the hell is anybody supposed to take him or anything he's involved in seriously?

Not to mention Orton winning being a total waste, but if more matches like that are what we could expect from Wyatt title matches, it's probably best that he not have the title.

Yeah that was booked about as well as possible. It was everything it should've been.

Very bad! Bad bad bad! No good! Bad!

Lesnar/Goldberg should've main evented (Christ I can't believe I'm saying that). That show started out promising but the secret is that they put all the good matches and angles first, then it went off a cliff. Goldberg/Lesnar was fun but ultimately forgettable, Helmsley/Rollins was fine but not great, everything else kinda sucked. Plus fucking Pitbull.

- AJ/Shane MOTN. Not a WM classic but a really solid match and much better than I thought it was going to be. It wasn't just AJ out there, Shane held his own. It must make Shane feel really good knowing that he had a better match than Triple H.

- The tag title match was really good and my second favorite of the night. I seem to be one of the few people on planet Earth right now that doesn't give a shit about the Hardy's but their return was really cool. I was expecting the New Day to put themselves in the match to a sea of boos. The Hardy Boyz...even more major stars to debut on Raw and not SD.

- Owens/Jericho was a good match but kinda forgettable. I feel like Owens did that somersault thingy for the entire match. 

- Raw women's match sucked as expected but I did like that tilt-a-whirl corkscrew thing from Charlotte. I didn't watch the SD women's match as I was cleaning up a little while it was going on.

- Triple H vs. Rollins was insanely boring. Omar said this a while back and he is right...Triple H shits the bed at WrestleMania. For a guy who has been around for as long as Triple H, it's amazing just how few good WM matches he's had. The highlight of that match was Stephanie's leather pants. Seeing her attire each year for WM is an event that I greatly look forward to.

- Goldberg vs. Lesnar was awesome. Fast-paced, exciting, to the point. If this is his last match (which I think it will be), I was very happy that I got to see this one final solid run from Goldberg.

- I needed a barf bag for that Cena/Nikki stuff. It was fucking horrible. Some bullshit favor to John Cena that had no business being on WWE TV.

- Wyatt vs. Orton was dreadful. Typical boring Orton match and typical crappy Wyatt match. And the gimmicks during the match with the videos of bugs was insanely stupid. Thank god the title is off of Wyatt. Once Wyatt loses his rematch and is done dragging down the WWE title picture, I can't wait to see the inevitable Orton vs. AJ matches. 

- The main event sucked. The missed tombstone reversal was so awkward. The crappiest last ride I've ever seen. I just realized as I'm typing this that we didn't see old school. The finish was so weird looking with Reigns running back and forth around the ropes with Taker following along just waiting to be speared. These two had no chemistry. And I expect this junk from your typical vintage disappointing Roman Reigns match but it wasn't all on him. Taker looked bad out there. I'm still happy the match went on last cause it was Taker's last match and I like how they gave us as definitive an answer as we're going to get about Taker being retired now. The PPV got worse as it went, okay show overall, better than last year.

Was at Supercard of Honor and it ruled. Bucks/Hardys was soooooo good. Was there tonight and NO pop was as big as their's. What a fucking awesome weekend.

NoDQ: "According to Dave Meltzer of F4WOnline.com, Jim Ross is negotiating a deal to be back with WWE on a full-time basis. It's unknown if JR will go back to doing commentary on a regular basis but it's expected that he'll have at least a limited role with the company moving forward."

Good to have JR back in WWE but unfortunately I don't see him returning to play-by-play on a full-time basis. I imagine Mauro Ranallo and Tom Phillips are the future play-by-play guys for WWE. But with that said, Mauro just missed WrestleMania because of his bipolar disorder and if this happens in the future when Cole is gone, WWE would be in a major jam and it's good to have the reliable JR under contract and able to work if needed.

Also...

17 hours ago, Omar said:

Because Watt is a goodie-two-shoe who seems like a huge phony and Gronk is just a big dumb meathead. He's harmless.

I don't get a phony vibe from Watt. He's acts the same goofy way Gronk goes. Do you feel he's phony cause of the motivational stuff he says on Twitter?

While I don't find any of Gronk's humor funny at all and am annoyed by the way the local news acts like he's funnier than Eddie Murphy, I don't have a problem with the way dumb jocks act. I played football for two years and a lot of those guys are totally harmless and just want to have a good time. That's why I have no problem with Gronk out there partying all the time. He's not out there beating his girlfriend, doing drugs or doing stuff that can get you thrown in jail. Nothing wrong with good, clean fun.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

I don't get a phony vibe from Watt. He's acts the same goofy way Gronk goes. Do you feel he's phony cause of the motivational stuff he says on Twitter?

While I don't find any of Gronk's humor funny at all and am annoyed by the way the local news acts like he's funnier than Eddie Murphy, I don't have a problem with the way dumb jocks act. I played football for two years and a lot of those guys are totally harmless and just want to have a good time. That's why I have no problem with Gronk out there partying all the time. He's not out there beating his girlfriend, doing drugs or doing stuff that can get you thrown in jail. Nothing wrong with good, clean fun.

It has a lot to do with the motivational stuff. The Hard Knocks stuff he did just put it over the top. He made sure to come out to do this bullshit drills he supposedly does in the middle of the night when he cameras are on. He talked about some minimalistic cabin he has in the woods where he works out and it turns out it has an elevator and all that shit. There's many many people that find him annoying, I'm far from the only one. Google "JJ Watt annoying" and look at all those results, most of them with legimatite gripes. And while I can see why some would think they Gronk act got old, I don't see many people disliking him. 

I don't know about you guys but surprisingly I was actually happy with the concert. Some good music and PG-13 booty. Looking at this Lunchmoney Lewis guy you don't expect him to have a nice voice but he does.