Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike

WWE WrestleMania 33

65 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Omar said:

That was a good match but I feel like AJ can get that match out of anyone if given the time to work with. Still feels like a huge waste of his talent. But still, better than wrestling Corbin or Ambrose in the pre-show.

Oh yeah it was a tremendous waste just much better than I was expecting. While it sucks AJ had to be wasted indulging Shane McMahon's wrestler fantasy, he could've had it way worse, like Sami Zayn or Dean Ambrose or Neville who were all wasted in the eternity-length preshow. At least he got a solid storyline, lots of promotion, and enough time to work together a solid match.

6 minutes ago, Ruiner said:

Oh yeah it was a tremendous waste just much better than I was expecting. While it sucks AJ had to be wasted indulging Shane McMahon's wrestler fantasy, he could've had it way worse, like Sami Zayn or Dean Ambrose or Neville who were all wasted in the eternity-length preshow. At least he got a solid storyline, lots of promotion, and enough time to work together a solid match.

Yep that's why I wasn't too mad about the Shane match, guaranteed to be in the main card. They aren't putting a McMahon in the pre-show. Any other available Smackdown opponent and he's stuck in pre show hell. 

Just now, Omar said:

Yep that's why I wasn't too mad about the Shane match, guaranteed to be in the main card. They aren't putting a McMahon in the pre-show. Any other available Smackdown opponent and he's stuck in pre show hell. 

Well he could've just faced Cena or Orton or Wyatt or even Dean and those guys's matches could've been replaced with something else, and it would've made the main card while also being probably a great match.

Speaking of which, man, I wasn't sure I wanted to agree when Mike said this the other night, but Dean really has fallen far. Now that they don't need him to be the Smackdown top face he's back to filling Vince's sorta upper midcard designation he had for him probably since he called up. Because when it comes down to it, that's what it is for all of these misuses of talent. Vince's perception.

Bet they moved the SD Women's match because somebody realized that they couldn't do a crazy light show for Naomi's entrance during the daylight.

4 minutes ago, Ruiner said:

Bet they moved the SD Women's match because somebody realized that they couldn't do a crazy light show for Naomi's entrance during the daylight.

Oh shit I just realized I that somehow didn't make the pre-show. That's weird.

19 minutes ago, Omar said:

Good match here, anti-climatic ending for a WM match. 

I like how protected the Apron Powerbomb is though. It's his super finish.

2 minutes ago, Paul said:

I like how protected the Apron Powerbomb is though. It's his super finish.

Yeah I think the issue was that he didn't connect it very well so it felt underwhelming even though that's his big move that instantly ends matches. That move looks really brutal when he hits it well and kinda shitty when it doesn't.

Women's match was uneventful but well-worked with some good spots and brisk pacing. I'm very supportive of Bayley adding a new finishing move, but the Macho Man elbow is a weird choice given the rumors of Kairi Hojo getting signed at some point (probably for the women's tournament).

http://puroresucentral.com/gif/hojoelbow3.gif

Assuming this ladder match is good, it'll be four for four strong matches to start the show. A very well-produced show thus far since the main show started. I think this could actually go down as an overall strong show, dependent on 1) the Bella/Cena crap not totally killing the vibe, 2) Roman/Taker being good, and 3) Goldberg/Lesnar not being a disaster. Apparently there's speculation of the crowd turning on Goldberg, so it'll be interesting to see how that goes. But if those three things happen (2 and 3 I can see happening with competent booking, 1 is trickier, I'd just get it over with quickly).

They botched Angle's pyro right? That was awkward.

The women's match was alright, they've just done everything they could do with this set of women, it's hard to top themselves. Gotta shake things up big time if they do a lottery/draft this year.

1 minute ago, Omar said:

They botched Angle's pyro right? That was awkward.

The women's match was alright, they've just done everything they could do with this set of women, it's hard to top themselves. Gotta shake things up big time if they do a lottery/draft this year.

I'd have run a Sasha heel turn so you can do that match with Bayley, which they haven't done properly yet. This tournament is a great thing, should give all three women's division sorely needed depth.

Also, I don't give a shit about them being back, but what a perfect return for the Hardys. Has anybody main evented Supercard of Honor and then worked Wrestlemania the next night?

So literally any team except one can win this match and keep the crowd happy. One thing that's been the opposite of last year thus far is that every match (battle royale aside) has had a logical, correct winner.

Crowd let me down big time not booing that louder. I think they wore themselves out too much before the actual proposal.

Just now, Ruiner said:

Crowd let me down big time not booing that louder. I think they wore themselves out too much before the actual proposal.

They saved the WWE editing team a lot of work when they inevitably play this shit all over social media and morning shows.

Just now, Omar said:

They saved the WWE editing team a lot of work when they inevitably play this shit all over social media and morning shows.

Actually, I think they turned the mics down. The crowd was unanimously booing throughout the match and at first during the post-match, but then suddenly you can only hear like the same eleven women cheering over and over again. Let's see if that's all we hear during the Roman Reigns match.

Good match, but for how much groundwork laying there should've been a longer climax. It ended too soon after really getting into the zone.

Plus it was pretty tame compared to what you expect from an unsanctioned street fight.