Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike

WWE WrestleMania 33

65 posts in this topic

- WWE Universal Championship: I'm picking Brock. I think the match will be longer and be somewhat decent. Hopefully it doesn't main event.

- Taker vs. Reigns: I'm going with Reigns here. Every year people think it will be Taker's last match and I never believe it. This year I do think it could possibly be it for the Deadman.

- Triple H vs. Rollins: Going with Rollins.

- AJ vs. Shane: Going with AJ. I'm sure AJ can carry him to a good match but it's a shame that both of AJ's WM matches will be against people that can't hang with him in the ring. I want to see AJ have that classic WM match that you know he could with the right opponent.

- WWE Championship: When asked about the Universal title match main eventing, Wyatt said something like "they better hope they don't go on after us." I thought that was pretty funny. Like this is going to be a classic or something. Forgotten WWE title match right here. I'll go with Wyatt.

- Cena/Miz: Going with Cena and Nikki. I have a feeling it will be a quick squash.

- WWE United States Championship: Going with Owens. In terms of storyline, this is the one I'm most interested in. 

- WWE Raw Women's Championship: Picking Bayley.

- WWE Tag Team Championship: Going with Enzo and Cass.

- WWE Intercontinental Championship: Going with Corbin. It's a shame how far Ambrose has fallen lately. I don't even think these two were even on SD this week. They could probably cancel this match and no one would notice right away.

- WWE SmackDown Women's Championship: Picking Alexa Bliss. When the big matches all end five minutes shorter than they should have, you can thank the idiots who started the hashtag movement that got this bumped up from the pre-show.

To be fair to Wyatt (and I think I've made it clear that this being the title match is idiotic booking in spite of how much I like him, and I'm not expecting a classic) it's really not unfeasible that it's better than the matches that follow it, especially with a clearly motivated Wyatt and Orton appearing to be having a blast this whole storyline. I mean, what do we have? Literally every other top match other than Rollins/Triple H has one guy who needs to be carried to a good match. Goldberg/Lesnar will probably be alright at best, Taker/Reigns is a total crapshoot, and I thought maybe AJ could get a great match out of Shane until they made it clear that it's going to be a WRESTLING MATCH and not a gimmick fight that covers Shane's weaknesses.

Unless one of them seriously overdelivers, Orton/Wyatt could easily be better than all of them. Triple H/Rollins may be in trouble too; reports are about that Rollins is running a horrible fever and may have pneumonia. 

Also, yeah this show looks horrible. I'm not really excited for anything on the card; I'm interested in seeing Ambrose/Corbin, Owens/Jericho, Neville/Aries, and Rollins/Haitch, but none of them feel can't-miss. And then the rest of the card... both women's matches are thrown together nothing matches with bad workers in them (though I suppose the Raw match could get good when Nia gets eliminated, and better when Charlotte is out). Wyatt/Orton and Reigns/Taker could be good but could also not be good. Shane McMahon and Goldberg are both kind of useless as workers so I'm not sure what could possibly be expected from their matches. And there's probably more matches on the card but I couldn't tell you what they are. 

You know, after writing it all out, there's no goddamn way I'm spending 4 to 6 hours on this show. A total fast-forward job. I'm pretty uninvested in tomorrow's Takeover too. Asuka/Ember Moon should be an awesome match (it's the first women's match in WWE history probably with two women who are both great workers and great athletes--as great as Bayley is, it's not because of her athleticism). And DIY/Revival/AoP should be great because the Revival are neck-and-neck with AJ for best workrate in the company and DIY aren't far behind. But those are the only two matches I'm really interested in. 

7 hours ago, Ruiner said:

Also, yeah this show looks horrible.

Yep. I have a party to go to in the afternoon and I'm going to be home over an hour-and-a-half before the show starts but I told my company I'm going to be out longer and don't come to my house until 30 minutes before the show starts. I want minimize how much of this PPV I'm stuck watching. I would never fast-forward through any of it cause it's WM but I'm not looking forward to most of it. I told my dad last night when Angle was coming out that this was my WrestleMania and it's true, it's damn true I meant it. 

6 hours ago, Ruiner said:
The Citrus Bowl gets all the best Wrestlemania set designs. 

Yep. My favorite set of all-time was WM24 with the friggin' massive hotel thingy they built. I remember the fireworks circling around the arena at the end of the night looked like there was a war going on. It was amazing. Edge's fireworks for his entrance were incredible that night.

William Regal announced that all new NXT title designs will debut tonight. It's about time they changed up the look of that hideous NXT title. The tag titles look okay. The women's title could use a new look.

Speaking of, I think the U.S. title needs a redesign. 

So I ended up watching most of NXT. Very good show, but still suffering from the same formula--hot, fun opener, solid transitional midcard match, excellent tag team title match, then two good but unremarkable main events that feel kind of flat compared to what came before.

Asuka/Moon was very good but too short as usual with Asuka matches. Nakamura/Roode was slow for a long time but got very good near the end. The eight-person tag was a blast, and Almas/Black (shitty name by the way) was a good showcase match, and Black should have a pretty high ceiling. 

As per usual, the tag title match was just terrific, even though the ending was booked in such a way that killed the crowd for the last couple minutes. While it wouldn't have made any long-term sense, if the AoP had been eliminated first and a DIY/Revival rubber match followed, it would've been an easy WWE MOTY. As it stands I'd say Cena/Styles was the better match. 

Assuming that was intended to be a hero's exit for the Revival, it's a shame they never headlined a Takeover. NXT used to feel like a risk taking show and that's just one way in which it doesn't now. 

I turned on the NXT PPV for a few minutes and caught the end of the women's match. I thought it was better than anything I've seen from the main roster women in all the years this current crop of girls have been called up.

I like the look of the new NXT world title.

4 hours ago, Ruiner said:

Assuming that was intended to be a hero's exit for the Revival, it's a shame they never headlined a Takeover.

Back when TNA was good with Jarrett running the show, he used to have tag matches and X division titles matches main eventing PPVs from time to time. The three titles were all treated as being equally important.

5 minutes ago, Mike said:

I turned on the NXT PPV for a few minutes and caught the end of the women's match. I thought it was better than anything I've seen from the main roster women in all the years this current crop of girls have been called up.

I like the look of the new NXT world title.

Back when TNA was good with Jarrett running the show, he used to have tag matches and X division titles matches main eventing PPVs from time to time. The three titles were all treated as being equally important.

1. Yeah that was definitely better than any of the main roster work Bayley or the others have done. It wasn't as good as a few of Bayley's NXT matches, but pretty much all the other women's NXT stuff. 

2. NXT tries to make it seem that way and all the titles regularly headline TV taping episodes but when it comes down to it it's still clear who management considers the stars, and they're always in the singles' men division. The tag title matches have been easily the best thing about NXT for over a year and have never made it past the midcard, and ever since that Iron Woman main event (at a Takeover with no NXT title match), every women's match has been shortchanged for time and no main events even when it's warranted (like last year when Joe/Balor II inexplicably went after Asuka/Bayley I). 

Also the Wrestlemania fever caught me at the last minute. I'm watching the show even if it will probably suck. 

Wow, Harper eliminated by Titus O'Neil, Sami Zayn eliminated by big shitty Killian Dane, and a final three of Mojo Rawley, Killian Dane, and Jinder fucking Mahal. This night is off to an incredibly bad start

And with Zayn's elimination, this battle royal lost any remaining credibility.

I don't know how Omar can dislike Watt and like Gronk. Same kinda goofy jock. I have nothing against either of them but I don't know how you can dislike one and not the other. 

Seriously, this is going to be the fuckin' epitomization of Vincemania. It looked that way just from the card but that battle royal booking confirms it. The only thing stronger than his love for really big mean dudes is his love for mainstream celebrities appearing and getting his show featured on sports and morning shows. 

35 minutes ago, Mike said:

And with Zayn's elimination, this battle royal lost any remaining credibility.

I don't know how Omar can dislike Watt and like Gronk. Same kinda goofy jock. I have nothing against either of them but I don't know how you can dislike one and not the other. 

Because Watt is a goodie-two-shoe who seems like a huge phony and Gronk is just a big dumb meathead. He's harmless.

Hahaha AJ/Shane opening the show. I think this Wrestlemania could be fun in a trainwreck kind of way

That was a good match but I feel like AJ can get that match out of anyone if given the time to work with. Still feels like a huge waste of his talent. But still, better than wrestling Corbin or Ambrose in the pre-show.