Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RainbowDragon

Art of Anarchy - 'The Madness'

8 posts in this topic

Guys... this album is really really good. Stapp must be in a really good state of mind right now because this is the best I have heard him in years. Plus the music behind him is damn good, some really solid guitar work here. Loved "Somber" and "Echo of a Scream" after one listen. I am excited to hear him sound like this again and having a solid group behind him

On 3/24/2017 at 1:54 PM, heldjc said:

Guys... this album is really really good. Stapp must be in a really good state of mind right now because this is the best I have heard him in years. Plus the music behind him is damn good, some really solid guitar work here. Loved "Somber" and "Echo of a Scream" after one listen. I am excited to hear him sound like this again and having a solid group behind him

This album is the best one I've heard this year next to the Righteous Vendetta one. My expectations were low, but there isn't one bad track and I actually liked this better than the new AB album. 

I picked this album up over the weekend and it is awesome!  The first 4 tracks are standouts (1000 Degrees sounds like a Shinedown song though) as well as "Changed Man" (which may be my favorite track on the album) and "Afterburn"

Definitely worth checking out for any Stapp fans.

Havent they only done 1 tour since this came out and it was short ? Stapp still does solo shows just because he can play the Creed hit$.

There was an ad I saw just a couple of weeks ago, it said "Scott Stapp with an All-Star band performing the hits of Creed." So yeah, he's definitely milking it at times, but there's obviously a market for it, so let him do it. 

I imagine the situation is kind of hard for Art of Anarchy, a new band, featuring members of other well known bands, it's a difficult thing.  You want to play your stuff, but the fans will want to hear you cover stuff from your old bands.  It happened to Velvet Revolver back in the day. I saw them in Houston in '05, everyone was dead on their feet, when the band performed their original material.  As soon as they did some Stone Temple Pilots and Guns N Roses songs the crowd got wild.  Most people like familiarity, just how it goes, so sometimes you got to pander to what they want.