7/23 Hartford, CT XFINITY Theatre
7/25 Toronto, ON Budweiser Stage
7/26 Camden, NJ BB&T Pavilion
7/27 Holmdel, NJ PNC Bank Arts Center
7/29 Noblesville, IN Klipsch Music Center
7/30 Clarkston, MI DTE Energy Music Theatre
8/1 Cincinnati, OH Riverbend Music Center
8/2 Cleveland, OH Blossom Music Center

I can't believe they have Babymetal out on this tour. It seems like every year there has to be one BS gimmick act on one of these tours taking a spot away from actual artists from within the genre. 

3 hours ago, Chris7 said:

I also can't believe Skillet is on this tour.

This. Seems weird to have Christian rock on a tour with Jonathan Davis and Corey Taylor... but then I remember Head and I have to believe that might play a role?

9 hours ago, pen said:

This. Seems weird to have Christian rock on a tour with Jonathan Davis and Corey Taylor... but then I remember Head and I have to believe that might play a role?

Fieldy too. Korn might as well be a half-ass Christian metal band nowadays. Taylor, on the other hand, is a different story... 

You do know these guys are getting up there in age thus I'm sure their hard partying days are over. Thats why Skillet isnt too out of place.

15 hours ago, pen said:

John Cooper did an interview where he actually credited Corey as being a good tour mate. Said they were treated well by Corey.  

1 hour ago, ChosenOne said:

John Cooper did an interview where he actually credited Corey as being a good tour mate. Said they were treated well by Corey.  

What somebody says in an interview and what they actually think are often very different. They have to "kiss the rings" both for those band and for other bands that want to take artists out who know how to cross-promote.

1 minute ago, Vigo said:

What somebody says in an interview and what they actually think are often very different. They have to "kiss the rings" both for those band and for other bands that want to take artists out who know how to cross-promote.

True but I don't think John is "kissing the rings" so to speak. I think its a good tour for them and I'm sure that Skillet will have the best performance out of all the bands.

2 hours ago, ChosenOne said:

and I'm sure that Skillet will have the best performance out of all the bands.

LMAO

While Skillet would genuinely be the difference between whether or not I went if this were playing near me, I feel like nobody is talking about the real fish out of water here which is Yelawolf 

10 hours ago, ChosenOne said:

I'm sure that Skillet will have the best performance out of all the bands.

This is just ridiculous. 

They will be the most consistent night-to-night, because their show is tracks and choreography, but that's not a compliment.

7 hours ago, Vigo said:

This is just ridiculous. 

They will be the most consistent night-to-night, because their show is tracks and choreography, but that's not a compliment.

Are you basing this on Winter Jam? That's an entirely different kind of show and because of the format, use of choreography and tracks is kind of excusable there. I doubt they use tracks (except for strings and other electronic/symphonic stuff) in a more normal tour such as this one.

16 hours ago, Ruiner said:

While Skillet would genuinely be the difference between whether or not I went if this were playing near me, I feel like nobody is talking about the real fish out of water here which is Yelawolf 

Didn't he hit most of the big rock festivals last year? I know he was at Northern Invasion. 

6 hours ago, Bladenit09 said:

Are you basing this on Winter Jam? That's an entirely different kind of show and because of the format, use of choreography and tracks is kind of excusable there. I doubt they use tracks (except for strings and other electronic/symphonic stuff) in a more normal tour such as this one.

Personally I don't think tracks are excusable in any format, but that's just my personal opinion. 

They use a vocoder and tracks every show. The vocals you hear both live and on the album are not natural.

1 hour ago, Vigo said:

Personally I don't think tracks are excusable in any format, but that's just my personal opinion. 

They use a vocoder and tracks every show. The vocals you hear both live and on the album are not natural.

Wouldn't a voice using unnatural means sound robotic unless the voice was already doing most of the work?

7 hours ago, pen said:

Wouldn't a voice using unnatural means sound robotic unless the voice was already doing most of the work?

It would if it were 100% vocoder like T-Pain, but in their case it's dialed back a bit and the "fill" vocal tracks and the level of fill is triggered by the mic levels and actual vocals. It's all about layering tone — it's the same technology that goes into noise-cancelling headphones, but instead of a frequency triggering a countering frequency (to effectively cancel the ability to hear/perceive it), they use a harmonizing frequency to thicken the tone and add effect.

On the album it's just a vocal effect that to my ears already sounds robotic because it's too overdone. Way to harsh and shrill.