Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike

WWE Fastlane

17 posts in this topic

20170214_Fastlane_KOGOLDBERG--8db8a44e4c

WWE Universal Championship
Kevin Owens vs. Goldberg

Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strowman

Samoa Joe vs. Sami Zayn

WWE Raw Women’s Championship
Bayley vs. Charlotte Flair

WWE Raw Tag Team Championship
Gallows & Anderson vs. Enzo & Cass

WWE Cruiserweight Championship
Neville vs. Jack Gallagher

Sasha Banks vs. Nia Jax

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

- Owens vs. Goldberg: Going with Goldberg in this one. I'm not sure how it's going to be booked. Having Jericho have to help Goldberg would seem kinda weird. I'm not sure how they're going to handle the finish. I hope this goes at least ten minutes. I want to see a real match.

- Reigns vs. Strowman: Originally I was going to pick Reigns but I think it makes more sense for Undertaker to come out and cost Reigns the match. It gets things going for their WM feud and Strowman gets to remain an unbeatable monster. I'm picking Strowman.

- Joe vs. Zayn: It really sucks that Rollins had to get hurt. Joe vs. Rollins would've been a really solid, big time match for Joe's PPV debut. Going with Joe here, obviously.

- Bayley vs. Charlotte: I'm going with Charlotte. The heel should be the champ going into WM. She's undefeated at PPVs and she should win here and they hype that up for the next few weeks and then she loses the title and her first PPV match at WM. I have no clue why they rushed Bayley's first title reign but I see her winning the title back at WM.

- Gallows & Anderson vs. Enzo & Cass: I'd like to see Enzo & Cass win their first tag titles at WM so I'm going with Gallows and Anderson in this one.

- Neville vs. Gallagher: Going with Neville. It will likely be Neville vs. Aries at WM.

- Banks vs. Jax: Going with Sasha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"It feels like Wrestlemania here in Milwaukee tonight", Michael Cole says, during a Jinder Mahal singles match

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How does Smackdown manage to create more compelling PPV cards with less roster depth than Raw?  How is Jinder Mahal wrestling on a supercard in 2017?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Andrew said:

How does Smackdown manage to create more compelling PPV cards with less roster depth than Raw?  How is Jinder Mahal wrestling on a supercard in 2017?

I'd say they're compensating for a 30 second main event, but fuck, man, just give that time to Joe and Sami, or end the show early. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ruiner said:

I'd say they're compensating for a 30 second main event

Symptomatic of one of Raw's biggest problems.  God what a shitshow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As my lone bit of praise for this PPV (that I would never have stuck with this long if it were my last PPV with my dad before moving) thus far, the Cruiserweight Championship match was killer and it's hard to imagine it won't end up being far and away the best thing on the show. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Classic WWE on that move.  Can't push more than one person at once so obviously gotta keep Roman strong and end Strowman's dominance in lackluster fashion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I knew Joe vs. Zayn wasn't going to be a long match because they wanted to show off the dominance of Joe, but I was pleasantly surprised by how long it ended up being and by the fact that Zayn actually got some offense in. It was a solid opening and the PPV got off to a good start. Unfortunately my future self chose not to time travel back in time to tell me to stop watching right after that. The tag title and cruiserweight title matches were okay. Banks vs. Jax was awful. Nia Jax can't even move in the ring. The mid-show intermission time waster featuring Rusev and Jinder Mahal...good lord. No one besides old people that don't understand the internet are paying $55 for PPVs anymore. I don't think people are going to get mad if the show ends early. Why waste time with this crap?

I decided to start cleaning up during the women's title match as I couldn't take any more of this PPV. I returned just in time to see Bayley jump on the bottom rope, step down, jump on the bottom rope again and then land on a finger of Charlotte's or something. I miss 80% of the match and return just in time for some patented women's botches. The ending made no sense. Why wasn't Bayley DQ'd when Sasha was fighting with Charlotte? If you weren't a fan and watched that ending, you'd think Charlotte was the face getting screwed. And having Charlotte's impressive PPV win streak end at the March PPV and not a month later at WrestleMania was dumb.

Strowman looked impressive out there again tonight. A shame stupid Reigns had to beat him. The main event was a joke. It felt like Owens was outside the ring killing time for 20 minutes. I don't care if 2017 Goldberg only knows two moves, they could've done some other shit to make the match longer. If crappy Big Show can get a good match out of Floyd Mayweather, then WWE should be able to book Goldberg in better matches than this. In WCW, Goldberg squashed jobbers on his win streak. He had longer matches against real opponents and on PPV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was expecting the main event to be next after Reigns/Strowman, realized there was still the Charlotte match, audibly groaned, went home and played Rainbow Six. It'll take a HELL of a card to get me to spend my time on another Raw-exclusive PPV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Andrew said:

How does Smackdown manage to create more compelling PPV cards with less roster depth than Raw? 

As far as main eventers or near-main eventers, I think SD is much better. That's why I was so happy with SD on draft night. As far as mid-carders and especially tag teams, Raw has the edge. It's funny though, since after the draft, Raw has acquired Goldberg, Samoa Joe, the entire cruiserweight division and likely the Undertaker for his WrestleMania program and SmackDown still manages to be the better show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mike said:

As far as main eventers or near-main eventers, I think SD is much better. That's why I was so happy with SD on draft night. As far as mid-carders and especially tag teams, Raw has the edge. It's funny though, since after the draft, Raw has acquired Goldberg, Samoa Joe, the entire cruiserweight division and likely the Undertaker for his WrestleMania program and SmackDown still manages to be the better show.

It depends on if you're talking talent or star power. Smackdown has way more credible stars, but that's because it's the better show, not the other way around. Raw is stacked with excellent talent, but the only stars are Goldberg and Brock Lesnar, because the show sucks and doesn't build any stars. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ruiner said:

It depends on if you're talking talent or star power. Smackdown has way more credible stars, but that's because it's the better show, not the other way around. Raw is stacked with excellent talent, but the only stars are Goldberg and Brock Lesnar, because the show sucks and doesn't build any stars. 

I also forgot about Triple H. So since after the draft, Raw has added Triple H, Goldberg, Undertaker, Samoa Joe and the cruiserweight division. This should easily be the best show but it isn't.

As for talent/star power...looking at the top 10 draft picks...Raw got Rollins and SD got Ambrose. Rollins is much better in the ring but I'll take Ambrose more cause he's way better on the mic and I like his character more. Next up was Charlotte on Raw and AJ on SD. No explanation needed there. Next was Balor and Reigns for Raw and then Cena for SD. Cena is leaps and bounds better on the mic and in the ring than both of them. I'll take Cena over both of them together. And looking beyond 10, Raw got New Day and Zayn next and SD got Wyatt. I'd prefer Zayn in the ring and on the mic over Wyatt but the WWE Champion at #12 in the draft has to be considered a steal.

I don't put much stock in talent. Obviously you want good wrestlers but I'll take someone like current Chris Jericho who is pretty good in the ring but is a master storyteller and great on the mic over someone like Rollins who is a 10/10 wrestler but brings nothing else to the table. As I've mentioned plenty of times before, I'm looking for the "it factor" more than just great wrestlers. Anyone can be a great wrestler.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Mike said:

I also forgot about Triple H. So since after the draft, Raw has added Triple H, Goldberg, Undertaker, Samoa Joe and the cruiserweight division. This should easily be the best show but it isn't.

As for talent/star power...looking at the top 10 draft picks...Raw got Rollins and SD got Ambrose. Rollins is much better in the ring but I'll take Ambrose more cause he's way better on the mic and I like his character more. Next up was Charlotte on Raw and AJ on SD. No explanation needed there. Next was Balor and Reigns for Raw and then Cena for SD. Cena is leaps and bounds better on the mic and in the ring than both of them. I'll take Cena over both of them together. And looking beyond 10, Raw got New Day and Zayn next and SD got Wyatt. I'd prefer Zayn in the ring and on the mic over Wyatt but the WWE Champion at #12 in the draft has to be considered a steal.

I don't put much stock in talent. Obviously you want good wrestlers but I'll take someone like current Chris Jericho who is pretty good in the ring but is a master storyteller and great on the mic over someone like Rollins who is a 10/10 wrestler but brings nothing else to the table. As I've mentioned plenty of times before, I'm looking for the "it factor" more than just great wrestlers. Anyone can be a great wrestler.

You know all of those things are included in the term "talent", right 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ruiner said:

You know all of those things are included in the term "talent", right 

You were talking about Raw guys so Rollins was the first name that came to mind so I assumed by "talent" you meant "in-ring talent."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.