Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pen

MM2017 Prelims Set 2

MM2017 Prelim   17 members have voted

1. 1. MM2017 Entry?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 posts in this topic

Okay everyone, it's a little later than expected, but here's how the prelims will work.

Same as last year. You chose all the bands you would like to see participate in the tournament. You can choose as many as you want and I highly recommend also choosing any bands you think deserve to be in the tournament regardless of if you personally like them or not. Remember we need to fill 256 blanks. Don't want a band being denied entry because you decided not to cast a vote, right?

I haven't decided yet how long the polls will stay open. I want to say two weeks to allow people time to vote, but then again we need to get this show on the road so I can then get the rest of the data I'll need for the actual tournament. So for now I'm saying two weeks, but we'll play it by ear. The other concern is that once we're done voting, we may have to do a second preliminary just like we did last year to iron out who gets to remain and who doesn't. We'll figure that out as we go.

That being said, vote.

2 hours ago, Ruiner said:

Hey, uh, is there a way to delete my vote and try again? 

I'm not sure and I won't be able to check in earnest until tonight. Goddammit Ruiner.

1 hour ago, pen said:

I'm not sure and I won't be able to check in earnest until tonight. Goddammit Ruiner.

Well if I can I'd also like to do that for thread 3. :(

10 hours ago, Ruiner said:

Well if I can I'd also like to do that for thread 3. :(

After a cursory inspection I think I can't remove your vote outright but I can edit the number of votes so if you tell me which bands you wanted to vote for (or not vote for), it looks like I can at least edit things.

45 minutes ago, pen said:

After a cursory inspection I think I can't remove your vote outright but I can edit the number of votes so if you tell me which bands you wanted to vote for (or not vote for), it looks like I can at least edit things.

If you could add a vote to Savages and Lié that'd be grand. They need it. 

Might be a bit late, but I'd appreciate it if you all could throw Green River Ordinance a few votes. They put out a fantastic album.

I have to say I'm a little surprised by how DOA Giraffe Tongue Orchestra was here. Alice in Chains+Dillinger+Mastodon seems like it would get some eyeballs, especially since it pretty much sounds like what I imagine a more laid back, radio friendly Dillinger would sound like only with Not Jerry Cantrell taking over vocal duties, but as far as I know I'm the only person who listened to it. 

I've cast my votes. Have you cast yours? So far it looks like 16 people or so have voted. If you haven't, you might want to do so soon. I know I said I was giving two weeks but that puts it at March 4th and we might still have to narrow down the list, so I might end up moving up the timetable if I don't see more votes come in.

What I'm saying is don't delay. Act now.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0